Hi guys👋 - would love your feedback!

steeldactive
Tourist
6 0 0

Hey there,

Looking to get feedback from you on my CTA throughout the store - homepage through product pages.

Link to my store.

Thank you so much, you're a great community!

Jonathan.

Replies 6 (6)
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi @steeldactive.

Thank you for your message, I would be happy to provide you with some feedback on your store. 

Thank you for sharing the link, I must say, this is a wonderful store design you have here. I really love the colour scheme, professional product and branding images and the overall professional aesthetic. It looks like you are offering some fantastic products for your customers as well. I am honestly hard-pressed to find anything I would change about your design, however, what stands out to me most is that it is a little bit slow when navigating through your shop. I notice that no matter what area I click on there is a bit of a delay where only white space is seen, I also notice this on multiple browsers and devices. What theme are you using with your store? Is it a Shopify theme, or a third-party option and piggybacking off that, have you done any third-party coding for your shop at all? 

There are several factors that come into play with store speed, many of which you have control over. I recommend checking out our handy "Improving your store speed" guide here, for a walkthrough of:

If you are using a third-party theme, I would recommend reaching out to your theme developer to ensure you have optimal speed on your store, for your customer's benefit. A friendly note, regardless if you are using a Shopify theme or a third-party theme, third-party coding customizations may not be supported, if that is the case you would need to reach out to a local developer or Shopify Expert to look into further help.

It also looks like your logo may be ever-so-slightly out of focus:

It looks like their resolution is just enough "off" to make it noticeable, I would recommend reviewing our Uploading images guide to ensure you are uploading your images to our requirements. If you are using a third-party theme, it may not hurt to reach out to your theme developers to inquire about their image size regulations. 

I also really love the inclusion of your pop-up advertisements and your announcement bar area in the header of your shop. These are great tools for getting started with marketing and building a trusting community and retention with your customers. Are you currently running any advertisements or marketing and promotion plans to bring traffic into your store? If you are still looking into building your traffic, I would recommend taking a look through our Marketing and promotion guide for some further tips that may help out!

You will also want to ensure you are looking into Search engine optimization or "SEO" for short. It's important to ensure that your website is easily found when customers search via search engines like Google and Firefox, SEO is a great way to make sure your shop is accessible within a sea of shops that could be selling similar products. We have a great guide on search engine optimization that you can take a look at here, that walks through important factors like:

Overall a very good store design, you should be proud of this. I would primarily recommend looking into your site speed moving forward as that could be a major point of contention with customers trying to navigate the shop to make purchases. 

Please feel free to reach back out here with any questions you may have, we are always happy to chat! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PageFly
Shopify Partner
2505 345 1673

Hi @steeldactive 

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store about the store design based on 5 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

So I have just gone through your website and here are some of my thoughts about your store:

Plus point:

• Your page looks really clean and well-designed
  • Homepage is featuring representative products and it looks professional and improves page aesthetics

That being said, I would like to give you some suggestions for improvement. Hope you find it valuable.

Home Page

• Add sticky navigation bar:

Adding a sticky navigation bar will help customer navigate themselves from every part of the homepage to any page of your store more conveniently. User experience is extremely important to an online store and we should make the buying experience seems effortless.

seeding.png

Prorduct listing page

• Use “Load more” button:

Using pagination can be inconvenient for customers to discover your product. If they want to compare product, they would need extra click. You might consider to use “Load more” button.“Load more” button allows customers to scroll to the product listing page without effort and being overwhelmed.

seeding2.png

Overall, I find your page design good and can’t find anything much that I would like to change. You did a great job designing the page. However, at some points, I found the page speed a little slow. I hope you will find a way to improve that.  

These are some articles that might give you new ideas for your store:

How To Sell Clothes Online: https://pagefly.link/xNmNtPjN

Personalize Your Homepage: https://pagefly.link/fefPTvgU

Above are some of my initial thoughts on your store and I hope you find something helpful. If you are still looking for a tool to build a great website, I hope you can try our product: PageFly Landing Page Builder

If these feedbacks about the homepage and collection page are helpful, please give me a "like". Thank you so much and I hope your business is successful! 

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store.

collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
222 26 95

Hi @steeldactive 

Thank you for sharing! I'd be happy to take a look and provide you with feedback.

I must say your store is well designed with an in-demand collection of products. I did notice when I browsing through the pages that the pages constantly reload each time I open a new page.

Here are a few things I want to add to the insightful feedback you have gotten already from the community.

1. Use color swatches to display the product variants on your product pages: This makes it easier for your customers to see all the available variants and also improves the aesthetics of the product page.

collinsmbaka_0-1629389215558.png

2. I will suggest adding a Live chat, you want to reach out to your visitors and show that you're ready to answer any question they might have. If you added a Live chat that launched after 60 seconds of someone landing on your store that asks, “How can I help you today?”. The idea here is to engage and show your visitors that you're available to answer their questions.

3. I will suggest showing your product variants on the collections page; this does not only improve the collections page aesthetics but helps showcase all the available variants to your customers while they are browsing the collection page. Your customers will not click through all your products to view the available variants, so been able to display them on the collection page is a huge plus for conversions. 

Here is an example;

collinsmbaka_1-1629390088302.png

Some themes already have this option, you can check for this on your theme customizer and enable it. Also, you can get the variant images on the collection pages option for free with the Collections filter & Search bar by the Sobooster app.

Best of Luck and Cheers!

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact
CartTurbo
Pathfinder
89 4 25

Your logo is too big, I'd shrink that down.

WEBSITE SPEED

Looking at what major corporations are saying ...

1. Google said that 53% of mobile users abandon sites that take 3 seconds to load.

2. Google also limits the number of crawlers if your site is slower than two seconds.

3. Amazon said they would lose $1.6 BILLION a year for every one second slow down.

4. Walmart said when they improved page load time by one second conversions increased by 2%.

5. AutoAnything said they saw a 12-13% increase in sales after cutting page load time in half.

All it takes is milliseconds to snap someone out of the zone.

Google said your site needs to have the first content paint in under a second and be fully loaded in under 2 seconds.

Your website takes 2.5 seconds for the first bite and 14.8. for the largest.

Speed outsell everything.

• You can have a car pick you up in five minutes.

• A pizza delivered in 20 ...

• Groceries in 60 ...

• Answers to any question in 0.3 seconds because at 0.5 Google saw a 20% drop in traffic.

Friction is anything you put between someone and the completion of a task.

It can be anything from waiting for a website to load, to a pop-up, or even having to click to find a product.

Friction equals time and time equals money.

So you are in the business of removing friction, which means making things as fast and easy as possible which in turn saves you time and money.

Images

Take all your images, resize them and optimize them for the search engines.

You currently have 415.8 KB resizing and optimizing those could get you down to something like 159.7 KB.

Resize all of them to their correct size and optimize them for speed. Done correctly it’ll pay for itself because images are normally easy to rank, because nobody has the time to optimize them correctly.

And the way you do this is by making a list of keywords that get good traffic and show buyer intent for your product.

You name the name of the folder you're putting your images in the name of your main keyword.

And you name the images the name of the keyword that best describes the image.

You add alt text targeting the keyword you used in the image name. Good descriptive alt text with the keyword you want to rank for included in the text. Keep in mind that this is the text that shows when the image is loading and when a screen reader describes the image.

This will improve web load times and intern improve Google rankings.

And then optimize your descriptions with a call to action and use the 325 character limit because the idea is to rank the images, get free traffic, and have the site pay for itself.

Social Media Links

Links to social media sites just makes no sense.

1.) They bleed pagerank and hurt your Google’s rankings.
2.) They could get you fined in California and more states are following.
3.) And they send your traffic to a site you don’t control.

You want to get traffic from the social media sites and not send traffic to the social media sites.

And tests by major corporations have shown that they actually hurt more than they help with regards to likes and shares. And that's the only reason for having them.

Social media sites are a tool for getting traffic and nothing else.

The idea is to get traffic from those sites to your site and not to send traffic from your site to those sites.

Your bleeding link juice, sending traffic to places you don’t control and could get finned because of it.

Your goal once on the site should be to convert them into a customer and not to get a like or share on social media site.

Likes and shares on social media sites should come from the people that are currently on the social media sites and not from people on your site ready to make a purchase.

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @steeldactive 

Hope you are doing well! Your shop looks very neat and organized. Good job is done there. The theme matches your products very well.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product.  It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
steeldactive
Tourist
6 0 0

Awesome man. Treasure trove of advices.

Thank you!

Jonathan.