Good day everyone!
Just a little background information. I'm hoping you guys can give me tips and suggestions for improvements. So I started my shop about 7-8 days ago and my niche is automotive accessories. My main product is a car seat gap storage box. So I've processed about 6 orders so far and my margins are ok (20%ish) but would be better if shipping prices would come down. Either way, not complaining too much BUT when you factor my FB ad campaign costs, I end up losing a little for every sale.
Here is some rough FB ad numbers for a week;
My 'result' I'm tracking is checkout initiated.
Adds to Cart: 84
Cost per Add to Cart: ~$0.72
Checkout Initiated: 52
Cost per Checkout Initiated: ~$1.17
Cost per Purchase: $10
Added to cart
So basically my conversion rate is too low and the cost per sale from FB is too high. I'm assuming this comes down to my product page since my FB ad directs there and 90% of my traffic is from the FB ads. Any suggestions on what I can do to improve it
Congratulations on launching your store! Sounds like you've got a good product, well done!
Facebook ads tend to be more expensive which is why we don't recommend going with them when you are just starting out. We just released a video on the topic, I'd recommend giving it a watch:
As far as your website goes, I have a few recommendations:
On the homepage banner, I'd swap your current photo out for one that shows your product instead.
I'd swap out the bright green for something a little more muted - it can still be green, this one just a little hard on the eyes when it's against a white background/with white text overtop.
My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. We have a video walking you through how to do your SEO:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Hello @K1ngWilly, I hope you are doing good! here are some suggestions:
- If you are selling limited products. You can add engaging videos of the product to engage & attract visitors.
- Add the 'add to cart', 'buy now' buttons below the product.
- Add a web push notification in your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly. With the help of web push notifications, you can reach your customers without getting their email addresses. You can send price drop alerts or discount/ reward notifications and other notifications.
- Add a discount popup to entice customers.
- Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!