High Click Thru Rate / Not Converting - Need Feedback

K1ngWilly
1 0 0

Good day everyone!

sweetspotauto.com

Just a little background information. I'm hoping you guys can give me tips and suggestions for improvements. So I started my shop about 7-8 days ago and my niche is automotive accessories. My main product is a car seat gap storage box. So I've processed about 6 orders so far and my margins are ok (20%ish) but would be better if shipping prices would come down. Either way, not complaining too much BUT when you factor my FB ad campaign costs, I end up losing a little for every sale.

Here is some rough FB ad numbers for a week;

My 'result' I'm tracking is checkout initiated.

Adds to Cart: 84

Cost per Add to Cart: ~$0.72

Checkout Initiated: 52

Cost per Checkout Initiated: ~$1.17

Purchases: 6

Cost per Purchase: $10

Online store conversion rate

0.32%

CONVERSION FUNNEL

Added to cart

105 sessions

5.65%

286%

Reached checkout

66 sessions

3.55%

385%

Sessions converted

6 sessions

0.32%

12%

So basically my conversion rate is too low and the cost per sale from FB is too high. I'm assuming this comes down to my product page since my FB ad directs there and 90% of my traffic is from the FB ads. Any suggestions on what I can do to improve it

Replies 2 (2)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @K1ngWilly,

Congratulations on launching your store! Sounds like you've got a good product, well done!

Facebook ads tend to be more expensive which is why we don't recommend going with them when you are just starting out. We just released a video on the topic, I'd recommend giving it a watch:

As far as your website goes, I have a few recommendations:

On the homepage banner, I'd swap your current photo out for one that shows your product instead.

sweetspotauto-home.png

I'd swap out the bright green for something a little more muted - it can still be green, this one just a little hard on the eyes when it's against a white background/with white text overtop.
sweetspotauto-product.png

My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. We have a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @K1ngWilly, I hope you are doing good! here are some suggestions:

- If you are selling limited products. You can add engaging videos of the product to engage & attract visitors. 

- Add the 'add to cart', 'buy now' buttons below the product.

- Add a web push notification in your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly. With the help of web push notifications, you can reach your customers without getting their email addresses. You can send price drop alerts or discount/ reward notifications and other notifications.

- Add a discount popup to entice customers. 

Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.