i am after some honest feedback on my store, Dont hold back i want the good points the bad points and the not so pretty points ,the more comments and advice the better. Im completely new to this so any help/advice is good advice. to be honest i had zero idea setting it up so that will no doubt show to the seasoned pros on here. You can find my store at eastcoastkollection.com
Thanks in advance Guys.
P.S. If you like anything you see dont be afraid to hit the buy now button 🙂 (worth a shot!!)
Hi @ECK121 ,
It’s PageFly – a Shopify Page Builder App and I’d like to share some of my initial thoughts after browsing through your store. Hope that my sharing can be somewhat helpful for you in improving your site. But first, don't miss out the article on how you can boost sales with effective landing page in this holiday season
I/ What I really like about your store
1. I like that the images you chose for banner is high quality and impressive, it’s not too colorful but vibrant enough for me to pay attention to it at the first time.
2. No text in your site is too long, each are properly presented divided and easy to scan.
3. Overall the layout is clean and feel organized, not too cramped with information and products.
II/ What I think can be improved
1. More CTA Button. CTA don’t need to be everywhere, but they can be powerful as a push to your customer towards the next step in the sales funnel. “Shop now” can be added in the banner or “Add To Cart” can be added in each product in the catalogue, some people (like me) would prefer add to cart first while browsing then go back and look closer at the items I select. Meanwhile, unnecessary buttons can be reduced such as in the banner:
2. There’s inconsistency in the way you align 2 objects in 1 line and in the catalog.
Having everything aligned makes the components within your site display in better harmony.
3. I find it quite hard to see the details on some of your products. For example:
You may consider using Zoom in feature or a Second Hover Image which shows the details, helping visitors understand the product better.
4. Use “Load More” instead of Pagination
Even though Pagination is widely used among online store merchants but I would advise against it. As our customer would have a hard time to compare products between 2 pages and other problems. With Load More, you can do that easily.
5. You can consider remove the grey border for your products as I feel it does not have any function and it’s making them look uneven (even though they are).
6. You can show the variant as small images below the main one instead of having them equally presented below each other.
Overall, this is an excellent work and you must’ve invested a lot of time and effort in making this work. Just a little tweak and it will go a long way. You can try out page builder like PageFLy to create intuitive and conversion-rate-optimized landing page. If you find this comment helpful, please like and mark this as solution. Good luck!
If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.
PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.
Check our Back-to-School Marketing Ideas of Best Platforms To Sell Online.
Thanks for all the tips and honest feedback i have adjusted my store with the things that you pointed out to me. Really appreciate your time thanks so much.
East Coast Kollection
I hope you’re doing well.
I have inspected your store and here’s my report:
Your store looks really great, you did really well on the visuals of the store. I like the homepage and the flow. Furthermore, I visited the products and found that their descriptions are either copied or not unique.
According to Google, if your products have common or copied descriptions your products will not rank high in the search rating sometimes they don’t even show up in the search results.
Also about your product titles, they look very simple i.e. just the product name but a good product title should have all the essential qualities of the product in the title. And also they help in improving the overall SEO of your store. Take Amazon’s product titles for example they are informative and always show up on top in search results.
Lastly, I would like to talk about your store’s On-Page SEO rating which is really bad. If you wish to make your store more visible and reachable you should have a high SEO rating. Your SEO rating is a combined rating of how well your store will perform in search results higher the score higher the chances of being on the top result. You can improve it by making your Titles and Product description SEO optimized. Other than your product title and descriptions, the most important factor which affects your SEO rating is Meta Description, it's really important and most of the stores don't pay enough attention to it and then complain about the less traffic and conversions.
Meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. The meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions.
I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion.
I hope this helps.
Have a nice day
Hello @ECK121, I hope you are doing good! Here are some suggestions:
- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed
- Having a good brand logo will help in branding.
- Showcase reviews on the home page or create an exclusive page that will build more trust in visitors.
- Setup Product recommendations on product pages as well as cart page.
- Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss.
- You should add a loyalty reward program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.
Integration of loyalty reward program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term.
- Add a chatbot- Welcome new visitors, boost your customer engagement, deliver personalized recommendations, and much more. Give customers instant answers 24/7 with the help of the live ChatBot.
- Add web push notifications which will help you to bring back visitors who bounced from your site and convert them into paying customers. Even more astounding, this can increase customer retention by 7x times. This will clearly impact your retention.
Hope this helps!
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.
Thanks for the feedback i will look into the Aitrillion app asap. Love the idea of a loyalty program thats a great concept. Thanks for the pointers truly appreciated. Thanks
Thanks heaps for the pointers i installed the app and added alot more detail to my product descriptions. Thanks for your advice.
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022