Honest feedback?

QueenB
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi, can someone give me an honest feedback on my site, I've been getting traffic, not so much sales. I'm narrowing down the causes, Thanks!

papersoar.com 

Replies 4 (4)
_NGBS
1 0 0

Hello,

I did not read much, so I will give my opinion on your visuals. I dislike the cover photo, however, I really like the transition. It is a bother to cancel out those pop ups when you are first opening the site. The image used for the different Mystery boxes make the product look “the same”, if that make sense. I like the “Get $10 OFF” tag and that the menu is on the left and it’s submenu tabs are easy to see. I would change “What Our Customers Say” to “Customer Reviews”, sometime simpler  is better. The customer reviews should be a little more appealing. I do not like the footer “Get in touch”, I like “Get in Touch” and “Get to Know Us”. Lastly, the writing under the four types of boxes should be darker. Please do not take offense to my OPINIONS. I hope they are helpful and bring you sales.

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
3448 226 668

Numerous mistakes are being made, the most impactful thing you can do long-term is to deep dive in these feedback forums for others presenting the same exact problem of: traffic no sales.

Look feedback older than 3 months , advice that was actioned,  and businesses that still exist(hence the 3months or older). Tip: use archive.org to see if old version of site is available and compare.

You'll also want to identify where people are landing and where people are bouncing off the site.

Immediate above the fold problems for the home page - 

Landing page messaging is confusing - unless you have targeted laser scoped traffic that know specifically what you are selling you need to explain it like the audience is 5 then increase in sophistication through testing..

Make it super clear how many books are in a box both in words and visually it should be within first to third thing in the visual hierarchy what the value proposition is.

It took thinking and poking around to realize your selling subscription boxes of books marketed a "mystery boxes", then realize it's not mystery books..

Redo page titles <subject> <storetype/message> <storename>

Be concise and specific - Don't say "mystery boxes" say "mystery box of books", etc.

You're gonna a rough time there working out the wording to be specific without implying they are only getting mystery/detective books, Iterate "surprise" or other wording ,etc.

Ditch the slideshow, commit to one hero and a/b test that.

Removing slideshows Increase website speed, performance and lowers your mental overhead& costs in  having to figure out what different things should be fighting for real-estate.

Ditch the "Paper Soar" banner, either focus on brand building or conversions;  don't try and mix the two goals.

This is the main cliche here in multiple areas: putting the brand before the horse.

Overprioritizing brand building tends to burn money if your not budgeted to do that long-term(3mo>6mo>years).

People are already on your site and branding should not have to be aggressive,  any funnel that brought them their should have already reinforced this.

If desktop users are a good part of your traffic then shorten the height of the whatever singular hero image is used to improve the flow of the above the fold content for desktop, the cookie bar and discount nag block the lead text under the banners.

Or ditch hero banners all together and put the offerings front and center in 4 columns pulling them out of the menu system.

"you'll need extra bookcases" has a negative connotation of cheap excess requiring additional purchases, iterate that.

the contrast is bad for the text under "you'll need extra bookcases", and the subheading text is too wordy, and has a double "books books" typo.

Join the discussion - What was learned this Black Friday?

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a ☕ Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
970 135 726

Hi @QueenB,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder.

Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store and want to give you some comments and hope it would be helpful to you:

I- Home page

- I'd recommend you add a CTA button on your hero image that leads to your best-selling/featured products to increase conversion rare.

- Just a small suggestion, you should make the text and images align with each other, besides that, since you have a CTA button for "Pick your box", you should do the same for the other two as well to create a consistency on your website

RichardNguyen_0-1636281713899.png

II- Collection page

I take this page https://papersoar.com/collections/subscriptions as an example

You should include both the user rating average and number of ratings on the product list items. This is one of the crucial elements for users’ purchasing decisions. They will rely on both to decide whether they should explore further a product.

- I see you are having 2 filters on the collection page that might make customers confused when they try to use the feature, you could consider remove the button "Filter" on the page

RichardNguyen_1-1636282012860.png

Normally, I would not recommend using "Quick View" since sometimes, it might cause users confusions and unexpected results like mistaking "Quick View" for product pages that users are likely to miss important product information given on the product pages...Instead, it would be better to make the list item thumbnails the right size to begin with and have secondary hover thumbnails. By doing so, it will enable users to compare products in the list at a glance.

III- Product pages

- Having a full understanding of products is crucial for users to make a purchasing decision. Therefore, I would recommend you provide at least 3-5 product images for all products. I understand that your products are quite unique, however, using 1 type of product image for many products at the same time will reduce users's curiosity for your products 

I noticed your product descriptions are quite long and you did a good job by subdividing them with sections and headings, however, for users to easily scan the information, I would suggest you make the headings bold or in a different color.

RichardNguyen_2-1636283869552.png

Besides that, we have a lot of best practices and tips for conversion rate optimization on this guide. Hope you will be interested.

You can also check out PageFly, we have brought solutions to over 100.000 merchants in the world, which you can build professional and beautiful stores effectively, without needing any coding knowledge. 

P.S: BFCM is coming. You can amplify your sales in holiday season with PageFly solutions exclusively for this holiday season. All these holiday features could help you a lot in building a high-converting page.

Best of luck!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

DoubleC_Upsell
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi QueenB,

I like the look of the store, but some things that make me feel a little bit uncomfortable, maybe my opinion can help:

1. The product name with shadow is pretty hard to read for me, I recommend not using it everywhere

2. A CTA on the homepage is very important. When I landed on your homepage and hover some products, no effect was applied, which was really confusing for me that if the product is clickable.

3. On the product page, the texts are aligned in the center, which is not the best practices, it makes the whole things hard to read.

4. Product review is important, people always look for review when buying a product online.

5. The text on the top bar (the 25% off discount) is really small for me.

6. The 3 icons in the How it works section is too big comparing to the whole site.

Next, I want to recommend some marketing tactics that you can apply to increase the conversion this sales season:

. Special discount campaigns

This is the most used practices during the sales seasons, people tend to look for special deals this time. Make sure you don't leave this trend behind. My recommendation is to review your products and offer discount on the best selling items or hot items in the season.

To promote your campaign effectively, flash sales are a perfect option. (Pro tip: Flash Sales should have a time and date restriction to create a true sense of urgency.)

You can consider using DoubleC app to set up attractive Flash sales deals: https://apps.shopify.com/flash-deal 

Where you can promote discount campaigns:

- Email (to existing buyers, don't forget to create a sense of urgency)

- Social post

- In-web popup

- Website banner

2. Special giveaways

As mentioned above, BFCM are perfect for boosting sales, but that's not the only tactic you can utilize, special giveaways can boost your brand awareness and brand reach to more potential audience, which will definitely bring long-term effect. Making the most of user-generated content is ideal for brand enhancement.

3. Influencer marketing

Not to mention the power of influencer marketing but sometime this method is costly yet effective. So I think key to leveraging this campaign tactic is to work with individuals who have followers that look like your customer base and whose followers trust them to share quality information.

If you find my content useful, one little Like will help a lot.