Hoping to get some feedback on my store

alissa_shhf
1 0 1

Hi everyone!

I was hoping to get some feedback on my store. I am beginning to take on inventory and working on custom designed fitness gear/and branded products but I don't want to keep going down this path if my idea is a dud. The vision is to design attractive, effective fitness equipment and get fitness professionals involved to offer guidance and support that a customer wouldn't get buying on amazon. I've been in the health industry for over a decade (mixture of clinician/developing health tech), so I've been stocking equipment that I know works well for myself or my individuals I've worked with but want to grow and expand this business.

My conversion rate has been super low this month (less than 1%), so I have been running a giveaway and using this time to build out my email lists and following instead. I feel like I have been looking at my store too long and would love some fresh eyes and feedback for some ideas that may help improve my conversion rate. I have seen a lot of other pages that have a lot of gimmicks and promises, and I'd prefer to keep things honest. But was toying around with improving the PDP experience (better add to cart button, maybe stronger copy on the descriptions?)

My site is www.superhumanhomefitness.com
I
 think my concern is I'm getting a fair amount of traffic but then the drop off rate is significant, any suggestions? I am waiting to reshoot the product photos until I have converted everything over to my branding because I'm on a budget, I feel like that is definitely a weak link currently. 
I am spending about $500/month on ads (all I can afford until I get more sales), and I feel like this is a very competitive market -

I've thought about scaling up this as well but am worried to try that until I have ad sets I'm super confident with. My husband feels that I should just give it more time and that January is a slow month for everyone but if anyone has any suggestions I've love to hear them! 

Let me know thoughts! Thanks. 

Replies 4 (4)
Dropshipmate
Trailblazer
190 9 62

Hey @alissa_shhf ,

Try to add attracting banner images on your home page.

You can Add videos of your products.

And you have less collections and products, You can increase your products then visitors are spare more time.

Add Blog: You know creating/adding of blogs gives you a great way to generate fresh content on a website and provide a catalyst for email marketing, social media promotion to drive search traffic to your website.

I observed your Instagram page you have last post April 15th. I suggest if you have sales or not ignore it and regularly update your product status on social media pages and increase more and more followers, And convert those followers into your customers by giving discounts.

If you want to increase your niche try our app Dropshipmate.

I hope you will catch my points.

Thanks,
Dropshipmate.

Apps Developer Team |
Dropshipmate ‑ Dropshipping

My Answer Is Useful To You? Please Snap Like to tell me!!
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1270 176 850

Hi @alissa_shhf

I'm Richard - CRO expert at PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for over 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

I’ve just taken a look at your store. Here are some good points: 

1. Better quality images with an effective and professional layout
  2. Your site is responsive with any devices
  3. The navigation bar is easy to use
  4. It’s easy to filter and find your products
  5. The product page has great product descriptions, clear policies, product reviews with clear CTA buttons. 

However, here I want to add more details to help you make the store perfect and increase the conversion rate: 

I. Optimize your Page Speed on mobile: 

Your Page Speech Acore is very low on mobile. As nowadays, people usually make purchases on their phones, it's important that they have the best shopping experience, otherwise, it's easy to make them close your page in 1 sec.

RichardNguyen_0-1624952541596.png

In order to improve it, you can try out some ways: 

1. Optimize image loading times
  2. Optimize front-end code

For example, you can try to Minify files

The best place to get started to reduce page load is to minimize HTML, CSS and JavaScript files. These files determine your site’s appearance – like the clothing and shoes that you wear – so it’s vital to run them through some quality filters.

Let’s start with reducing the size of each file and the total number of files. This task includes removing unnecessary formatting, whitespace and code.

• To minify CSS files, you can use CSS Minifier.
  • To minify JavaScript files, you can use JavaScript Minifier.
  • If your site runs on WordPress, plugins like WP Rocket can make the job simple.

There are many factors that you need to concerns about for your online store, for more details, I suggest that you should check out this article

3. Optimize back-end codes

For this factor, you can check out this article as well. 

Note: Don’t forget Google Indexing afterTo ensure Google crawls your page and recognizes the changes you’ve made, request indexing using Google Search console for your website. The sooner Google indexed your site, the better. Speeding up your website may help your Search Engine Result Pages (SERP’s).

II. For conversion rate optimization, have you tried A/B testing before? As only data can prove what you believe is true or wrong then make decisions based on this. 

When it comes to optimizing your website’s conversion rate, your options can be grouped into 3 major types based on your goal:

Element testing: Individual elements within a page. E.g.: Headline, buttons, copy, etc.

Page testing: Combinations of many elements. E.g.: Page layouts.

Visitor flow testing: The action you expected visitors to take upon entering your website. E.g.: Multi-step checkout vs Single-step checkout.

So for short, Based on your goals and practical experiences, you decide what to test to improve your website conversion rate.

III. Lastly, I suggest that you should use Shopify landing page, in the simplest definition, is a landing page for your Shopify store - specially designed for products or services that you want to highlight or promote in marketing campaigns. 

The ultimate goal of these Shopify landing pages is to urge users to perform a specific conversion action, like filling out a form, making a purchase, or signing up for a service, right on the landing pages 

There are some apps for landing pages builder you should consider are PageFly, Shogun and LayoutHub,...

Hope all I suggest above can help you that much!

If you feel my answer is helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Happy selling,

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @alissa_shhfThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are my views on your store that you can start working on and implement in your store:

- Add a high-quality banner image.

AiTrillion_0-1624963119038.png

- Add a section of the collection list on the homepage. Display your collection on the homepage. 

- That's great you have added reviews. I would recommend you add trust badges. 

- Product page layout looks great. 

- Your store lacks customer engagement. You need to make your store engaging to reduce the bounce rate and drive conversions. If you focus all of your eCommerce efforts on “selling”, you’re going to lose a lot of customers. For consistent sales, you need to make your online store engaging. 

• Setup a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.
  • Setup web push notifications in your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.
  • Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action.
  • Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.
  • Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor an exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app. 

If you need help with the store design, you can email at shubhangi@aitrillion.com. I will be happy to help.

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
CartTurbo
Pathfinder
89 4 25

It seems to be that your one BIG advantage is your knowledge but without a blog, podcast, and or YouTube channel how would anyone know that?

Stop wasting money on advertising that isn't working.

And dropping prizes and giving products away is the opposite of marketing; it lacks creativity, understanding, and longevity.

Your site takes nearly 7 seconds to load so remove the slider ...

SLIDERS

Sliders cause ...

1.) banner blindness

2.) divides user’s attention

3.) kills conversions and never helps.

Check out a study by Notre Dame University web developer Erik Runyon.

Their slider received a click-through rate of barely 1% and almost all those were on the first image.

Beaconfire conducted a similar study with four different clients’ websites.

The CTR on these four sites were well under 1%, and again, the first image got the clicks.

And because your loading scripts, code, and more images than is needed it slows the site down.

I would remove the slider and just leave one Hero image.

Images

Take all your images, resize them and optimize them for the search engines.

Resize all of them to their correct size and optimize them for speed. Done correctly it’ll pay for itself because images are normally easy to rank, because nobody has the time to optimize them correctly.

And the way you do this is by making a list of keywords that get good traffic and show buyer intent for your product.

You name the name of the folder you're putting your images in the name of your main keyword.

And you name the images the name of the keyword that best describes the image.

You add alt text targeting the keyword you used in the image name. Good descriptive alt text with the keyword you want to rank for included in the text. Keep in mind that this is the text that shows when the image is loading and when a screen reader describes the image.

This will improve web load times and intern improve Google rankings.

And then optimize your descriptions with a call to action and use the 325 character limit because the idea is to rank the images, get free traffic, and have the site pay for itself.

Social Media Links

Links to social media sites just makes no sense.

1.) They bleed pagerank and hurt your Google’s rankings.
2.) They could get you fined in California and more states are following.
3.) And they send your traffic to a site you don’t control.

You want to get traffic from the social media sites and not send traffic to the social media sites.

And tests by major corporations have shown that they actually hurt more than they help with regards to likes and shares. And that's the only reason for having them.

Social media sites are a tool for getting traffic and nothing else.

The idea is to get traffic from those sites to your site and not to send traffic from your site to those sites.

Your bleeding link juice, sending traffic to places you don’t control and could get finned because of it.

Your goal once on the site should be to convert them into a customer and not to get a like or share on social media site.

Likes and shares on social media sites should come from the people that are currently on the social media sites and not from people on your site ready to make a purchase.

Controlling Link Juice

You've got everything organized by category however the more specific those categories can become the more pages you have.

Like chest only, thighs only, thighs and calf's ...

Each of these categories and their subcategories will create pages and these pages will link back and fourth to other categorizes and back up to the main category.

Every page on your site starts with some form of link juice … it has because Google uses a mathematical formula and it needs figures to work.

By linking these pages together you are controlling link juice and done correctly you’ll be able to get any page on your site indexed and ranked for any keyword you desire.

So the more subcategories you come up with the more link juice you have to flow.

The next thing you want to do is get links to these subcategories from …

• Commenting

• Directories

• RSS feed

• Discounts

• Guest Blogging

• Local Listings

• Niche Directories

• Profile Links

• Q&A Sites

• Reclaim 404s

• Slideshare Presentations

• Coupons

• Video Submissions

• Write Testimonials

• Reviews

• Create a Blog

• Forum Posting

• Newspaper Sites

• Podcasts

• Help A Reporter Out (HARO)

• How-to Guides and Tutorials

• Infographics

• Instructographics

• Internal Links

• Niche Communities

• Press Releases

The more external links you can get to these pages the more powerful they will become and the more often they will get crawled, indexed, and the higher they will rank.

Stop wasting money with advertising and become a social media influencer and sale more than just your equipment. 

POP-UPS

You should never use entry pop-ups.

They do more damage to user experience than just about anything other than load times.

When someone enters your site, they enter with a goal and an idea and you break their train of thought and take them out of that zone with your pop-up.

You’re putting up a barrier between your visitors and the information they’re seeking.

And exit pop-ups destroy brand credibility, it's a lot like spamming … it works but in the long run it’ll destroy your reputation.

They make you seem needy and insecure.

Ethan Zuckerman, the creator of the pop-ups apologized for creating one of the most hated tools online.

It makes for a bad user experience. And it's a bad marketing practice.

The fact that pop-up blockers are built into browsers prove this.

After market ad-blockers confirm it.

Get rid of the pop-ups and force yourself to build a stronger, healthier content strategy.