How can I improve my online store's layout for better customer engagement?

PacificBlue
Tourist
18 0 1

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I would like to take the opportunity to thank everybody for the wonderful feedback that you all have given. It has been invaluable and being a newbie has fast-tracked me in getting some of the site elements in place.

Although it seems to look better. it still doesn't look right and doesn't-flow which reflects the customer sales activity which is Nil. I am still looking for the right Trust formula as well as element and flow positioning and was hoping that someone could give me some more guidance and feedback so that at least I am pointing in the right direction.

Kind Regards

Keith

thesmartgiftshop.com

Replies 3 (3)

PageFly-Kate
Shopify Partner
1134 333 332

Hi Keith @PacificBlue ,

I'm Kate from PageFly - Shopify Landing Page Builder app.

Congratulations on your new store! Your website has a clean and organized layout, which is great as a foundation. You might put many efforts on this. Based on my experience about CRO and UI/UX case studies, I have a few small suggestions that might help improve your sales:

1. Improve your sticky header background

We both agree that the sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. I found that your header is sticky already but it’s background is transparent and I found it’s hard to read when we scroll down both on desktop or mobile: 

PageFlyKate_0-1704971255184.png

PageFlyKate_1-1704971254965.png (mobile version)

You should find the way to add background color when a merchant goes down.

2. Add content for your announcement bar

The announcement bar will announce the information about shipping and discount or any promotion campaign of a store. You should set more highlighted background color, the text is hard to read right now. Here is an example from our free template:

PageFlyKate_2-1704971255071.png

3. Improve your hero banner

PageFlyKate_3-1704971255513.png

Your website's hero banner is like a handshake at your digital door. It sets the tone, makes the first impression, and determines if visitors stay or click away. So, how do you ensure those precious first 5 seconds pack a punch?

• Display your attractive products on your banners and menu
  • Grab attention and clarify your offering instantly: A boldest headline and tempting "click now" button to the banner's center stage

Take a peek at our free template! See how the clear message and prominent CTA take center stage, inviting visitors to explore further.

PageFlyKate_4-1704971255204.png

4. Adjust your product and collection page(s)

Your product page and collection page should be more focus on their function. I found your hero banner on all pages. It should be a Product detail on your product page when a merchant want to explore it more. 

5. Have testimonial, brand story on your website

Including a section about your brand story or customer review can help customers learn more about your business and make your store appear more professional and increase your reliability.

You should add star review on your product and collection page to increase the reliability of your store.

6. Add more spacing to have better UX

It’ll be better if you adjust the spacing here where the text are too close to the edge of the section/column. I think it’s hard to scan and read. According to UX rule, users can not read large-width text, it should be focused on a suitable width to scan easily.

PageFlyKate_5-1704971255159.png        PageFlyKate_6-1704971254904.png

Hope these suggestions help! If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know.

Hoping you shimmy and shake your way into 2024!

Best regards,

Kate | PageFly team

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

Consentmo-GDPR
Shopify Partner
39 4 8

Hey there!

Just had a peek at your store, and I've got to say, you're onto something really special! Here are some friendly tips to help your store shine even brighter 🙂 

1. Think about improving your hero banner. Make the text more visible, as now is pretty hard to read what's on it. Maybe add a  splash of color, a catchy tagline, or a captivating image that tells your brand's story at a glance. 

2.  I noticed you have a sticky header menu, but the background is transparent. How about giving it a solid background? This tiny change can make a world of difference, ensuring your menu is always visible and easy to navigate. 

3.  Consider balancing information with visuals and creating a flow that naturally guides visitors through your products and story. That way you will provide even better UX.

4. In the digital world, staying on top of things like GDPR is super important. Adding a compliance app to your store could be a game-changer. Make sure to check some of the apps in the store and choose the one that will work for you and help you manage your customers' data properly.

Your store has so much potential I hope that these few tips will help you improve it 🙂 

Consentmo - The only Shopify app that has everything the Law says

Clayton_Bates
Shopify Expert
1173 92 307

Hi  Keith,

Clayton Bates here. Registered Shopify Expert. 

Few Tips Below 

1 Homepage

Needs to flow this page. 

Recommend something like the below

• Banner Image (Goes To All Products)
  • Featured Collection (Best Sellers)
  • Collection List
  • Reviews
  • Story
  • Featured Collection (New Arrivals and/or Sale)
  • Instagram Feed (If you have nice images on Instagram)

It's also really hard to make a blue background work on websites. White will look clean. I'd only have the below as blue background 

• Announcement Bar 
  • Footer 
  • All Buttons on website (This will make them pop)

2 Product Page

It's very hard to read this page. Also the products on the homepage need to be a "Featured Collection" so I can click into the product 

The Product tabs don't work. The below two are important 

• Returns Policy
  • Shipping Information

Think about breaking up some of the text with images would be good

3 Site Navigation 

This is so important to make it easy for users to navigate the website. About 33%+ of people use the site navigation on website. The footer menus are also really important. Your website is OK on the navigation but could be better. 

I made a detailed video going over how you can update this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQbxMz0eMhY

4 Checkout

Add logo and colors here. This video shows you how

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRou9ME_WHo&t=53s

5 Mobile friendly

This is really important seeing 50-90% of the traffic will come from mobile

The below link has lots more free videos to learn from also

https://www.youtube.com/@ClaytonBatesShopifyExpert/videos

Pretty much anything is possible when you put your mind to it. 

Cheers

FREE Tutorial Videos On YouTube --->CLICK HERE

Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

100 + Client Reviews --->VIEW

Multiple Award Winner --->CLICK HERE