Hello WGG. Welcome to Shopify.
You have a nice store but it seems that you're new here. There are several things which I think will improve your shop.
1. The style (font) of the description is not familiar to me. I liked the wording but the font was not desirable for me.
2. The ordering hint is good and I liked it. The product's features were written well too.
3. On your homepage you have some banners that have a "Shop Now" button, but when someone clicks on them, lands on the collection page. I prefer to see a great offer in the banners and land on the product page to buy the offer. The simplest offers are Bundle Offers. We have a Bundling app (Fast Bundle) that fits great to small and medium-sized shops like you. It has a Free Plan. Check it if you're interested.
Good luck on Shopify
Fast Bundle Support Team
Congratulations on launching your store! I've taken a look through and I have a few suggestions.
First, your SEO.
By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You want to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:
Next, it looks like you ship worldwide so I would recommend adding a currency coverer. We give you a free option in this video and show you how to install it:
At checkout, I would add in an estimated shipping time. You might think longer shipping times would turn people off - and maybe it will for some, but long-term, you want happy customers and it's better to just say up front, "hey, this could take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive" rather than not giving a shipping time and then getting an email 2 weeks later from an unhappy customer wondering where their package is.
As for your homepage, I'd give this video a watch on how to set up your homepage for conversions:
I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Hello @WGG, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:
- Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.
- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add web push notifications which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.
- Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. When they sign up, automatically welcome email and thank you email is sent. This helps you to retarget your customers according to their buying behavior and browsing behavior & helps you to automate your store and eliminate lots of manual work.
- Add a popup with a discount code.
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
Hope this helps!
Hyde here from Shopify.
Congratulations on your online store!
I'd start off by recommending that you check this list of absolute essentials and cross-reference your store against it. Also, I seem to receive a 404 error when I first land on your site:
I'd recommend double-checking why that is and possibly using a URL redirect to ensure that visitors land on an active page as opposed to a missing page. In terms of conversions, we do have other considerable advice here that almost certainly should help.
I hope this helps, once you've had a look at all that if you have any other questions, do please let me know.
All the best, Hyde.