FROM CACHE - en_header

How can I increase conversions?

Solved
fancychess
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi,

I've been running a lot of Google/Microsoft shopping ads for a few months (also tried Facebook ads for a month), but I'm still not making enough sales to cover the advertising cost. My site is at: https://www.fancychess.com/

I see a lot of people that look at a product, scroll up and down a few times, but then leave.

Can anyone see anything on my site that would cause people to lose interest or not trust the site?

Any suggestions on how to increase my conversion rate?

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
12522 1933 2480

This is an accepted solution.

@fancychess ,

Welcome to the Shopify community.

Hope you are doing good. Here are a few suggestions.

Logo: For Brand identity, you need a proper logo to represent your business as it's missing on your website. It's a basic or important foundation for branding your business.

Front Images: Use good quality featured banner images with call-to-action buttons to captivate user attention.

Homepage: Homepage designs guide your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided. You can add a ‘Call to action banner’ ‘New arrivals’, ‘Top selling products, etc. on the homepage to engage users.

Add Blog: 

You know creating/adding blogs gives you a great way to generate fresh content on a website and provides a catalyst for email marketing, and social media promotion to drive search traffic to your website.

Client Reviews and testimonials of Happy Customer:

You will stand out. Customers will appreciate that you are invested in helping them. And they will be more invested in helping you. Happy customers will help you attract new business and will help you improve consumer confidence. …

Happy customers are more likely to remain loyal.

Popup:

Also, you can add a popup box for visitors.

A popup should have some kind of informational or promotional offer that displays on top of your content, designed to capture your users' attention quickly.

You should have a contact us menu on the right-hand side of blog navigation. It should have a contact form for the visitors.

Improve SEO, links, usability, and performance score to increase more conversion & sale (Your page could be better)

Check your site in page insight, your site score can be better.

oscprofessional_0-1652088326611.png

Need to work on following points 

• Theme Upgrade if there is a scope and upgraded theme available
  • Reduce JS Payload.
  • Use Critical CSS .
  • Reduce Large Image Sizes
  • Compress Images
  • Limit Third Party JavaScript & Shopify Apps
  • Preload Web Fonts. 
  • I would suggest limiting to one and using a standard web font.

You need to focus on the following SEO points of view.

1. Use dynamic content.
  2. Choose relevant keywords
  3. Use design to improve user experience.
  4. Improve page loading time.
  5. Create Content That Converts
  6. Add testimonials, reviews, and logos on home page
  7. Mobile friendliness

Check you store with Page insight tool to get the score. because the low mobile score can kill the website traffic.

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve.

And we will provide an assured guarantee plan for the website speed optimization.

For more details please check the link below. 

https://www.oscprofessionals.com/shopify-performance-optimization/

If anything is missed out or unclear then don't hesitate to ask. Email us or Connect with us on Skype

Have a nice day !

Please Like and Accept Solution. Free website audit to grow your business Chat on WhatsApp | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Hire us | Expert Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development & Modifications any Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)
Mo-Flynn
Shopify Partner
21 2 6

Hi Fancychess, 

Would you please expand on which products you tried to run campaigns for? The one you said people scroll up and down on.. if more than one product let me know so I can look them up.

Also, Would you give details on your campaigns? Sometimes it's not the product/website but something in the campaign that's not getting you in front of the right people.

Would love to help you.

ReturnPrime
Navigator
378 47 75

Hi @fancychess,

I have two suggestions for you. You can add testimonials and reviews as no one wants to be the first person to use a product or service. So, you can put their mind at ease by providing testimonials and/or reviews from past customers. Additionally, you can use Return Prime for Return/Exchange requests and this will let your customers raise return/exchange request on their own. Return Prime will definitely have a good impact on your business.

Tanya

Return Prime

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
12522 1933 2480

This is an accepted solution.

@fancychess ,

Welcome to the Shopify community.

Hope you are doing good. Here are a few suggestions.

Logo: For Brand identity, you need a proper logo to represent your business as it's missing on your website. It's a basic or important foundation for branding your business.

Front Images: Use good quality featured banner images with call-to-action buttons to captivate user attention.

Homepage: Homepage designs guide your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided. You can add a ‘Call to action banner’ ‘New arrivals’, ‘Top selling products, etc. on the homepage to engage users.

Add Blog: 

You know creating/adding blogs gives you a great way to generate fresh content on a website and provides a catalyst for email marketing, and social media promotion to drive search traffic to your website.

Client Reviews and testimonials of Happy Customer:

You will stand out. Customers will appreciate that you are invested in helping them. And they will be more invested in helping you. Happy customers will help you attract new business and will help you improve consumer confidence. …

Happy customers are more likely to remain loyal.

Popup:

Also, you can add a popup box for visitors.

A popup should have some kind of informational or promotional offer that displays on top of your content, designed to capture your users' attention quickly.

You should have a contact us menu on the right-hand side of blog navigation. It should have a contact form for the visitors.

Improve SEO, links, usability, and performance score to increase more conversion & sale (Your page could be better)

Check your site in page insight, your site score can be better.

oscprofessional_0-1652088326611.png

Need to work on following points 

• Theme Upgrade if there is a scope and upgraded theme available
  • Reduce JS Payload.
  • Use Critical CSS .
  • Reduce Large Image Sizes
  • Compress Images
  • Limit Third Party JavaScript & Shopify Apps
  • Preload Web Fonts. 
  • I would suggest limiting to one and using a standard web font.

You need to focus on the following SEO points of view.

1. Use dynamic content.
  2. Choose relevant keywords
  3. Use design to improve user experience.
  4. Improve page loading time.
  5. Create Content That Converts
  6. Add testimonials, reviews, and logos on home page
  7. Mobile friendliness

Check you store with Page insight tool to get the score. because the low mobile score can kill the website traffic.

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve.

And we will provide an assured guarantee plan for the website speed optimization.

For more details please check the link below. 

https://www.oscprofessionals.com/shopify-performance-optimization/

If anything is missed out or unclear then don't hesitate to ask. Email us or Connect with us on Skype

Have a nice day !

Please Like and Accept Solution. Free website audit to grow your business Chat on WhatsApp | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Hire us | Expert Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development & Modifications any Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
flareAI
Shopify Partner
898 86 241

Hello @fancychess,

I've taken a look at your store. I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product. Even sometimes by reading reviews, customers may look to understand whether your product will suit their particular situation and make the decision to purchase the product.
2. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional. Testimonials allow your satisfied customers to step forward and address the questions and objections that fill the minds of your prospective buyers for you.
3. A FAQ would be useful to provide quick information to help customers make a purchasing decision and also to reduce the time your employees need to answer simple questions.
4. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly
Over 54% of all web traffic comes from smartphones and tablets, so make sure your store is mobile-friendly. Websites that are mobile-friendly, in general, will outrank non-mobile-friendly sites in mobile search results.
5. Try to maintain the same image size while listing all products.
6. Use the same font for the whole website.
7. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
8. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
9. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
10. Add average ratings for each product
Including both user rating and number of ratings on the products will help users to make decision whether to buy your product or not.
11. Add sticky header
Adding sticky header allow users to quickly access the navigation, search, and utility-navigation elements without scrolling up to the top of the page. They increase the discoverability of the elements in the header and the chance that users will take advantage of them.
12. Add Blogging in the store
Blogging is an amazing way to drive traffic to your website and increase your SEO. The more your blog, the more content the search engines have to crawl and index. This means they can easily recognize that your site is a resource of information for people to access.
13. Footer content seems to be too much
You can incorporate this contact information on the "Contact Us" page

Fancy Chess 2022-05-09 11-58-18.png
Instead of social media text links, go with icons

Contact us – Fancy Chess 2022-05-09 11-58-44.png

Your customers trust Google Search more than Ads. 53% of eCommerce traffic is Search, far greater than Paid Ads & Social Media. We created flareAI to deliver feeds to organic channels on a regular basis without taking your time. As a Google partner, flareAI will submit your products to Google and other organic free channels on a daily basis. Once your product is found on the organic channels, you don't need to do a thing. Customers will keep finding your product day after day. flareAI will help to scale your site sustainably at NO Agency fees, NO Pay-per-click, NO paid marketplaces. With flareAI, your site can access the world's dominant Free eCommerce services in one Shopify App.

Hope this was helpful,

Gina
Add flareAI Shopify App today!

flareAI: Generate Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Problem solved? ✓ Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Stop missing out on Google
fancychess
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi, I'm running ads on all my products.

I tried using an ad company for a month, and they created 2 campaigns; one for Best Sellers, and another Catch All for everything else.  I just enabled Enhanced CPC last week and might try adding remarketing soon.

The scrolling up and down happens on pretty much every product, at least for people that view it on a phone (which unfortunately about 95% of people do).

Some of the most popular products are items such as:

https://www.fancychess.com/products/crusades-templar-knights-chessmen-on-black-maple-chest-chess-set

or:

https://www.fancychess.com/products/13-7-inch-black-marble-patterned-boxed-chess-set-with-classic-me...

fancychess
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi @oscprofessional , 

Thanks for the detailed comments.

I'm not sure what you mean about a logo being missing on my site?  It's on the top left corner:

FancyChess logo (291x96).jpg

or are you talking about a different kind of logo?

For the homepage, I guess I can try making some changes there.  Do you have some examples of sites that have good layouts?  Unfortunately about 90-95% of my traffic is from people on phones, which really constrains the amount of content they can see.

Adding a blog is on my TODO list, but I'm pretty busy with a lot of things.

I have an app to let people add reviews & ratings, but most people don't leave any.

SEO is something I need to work on.  My Google page rank is about 21 right now.  I think what I'm lacking is external links back to my site.

As for performance, I'm not sure how useful that speed score is on Shopify?  I've never had any problems viewing my site quickly.  Even if I view on a phone over mobile data instead of WIFI, the pages load instantly.

Dan_From_Ryviu
Shopify Partner
597 69 141

Hi @fancychess,

You can try to add reviews for your products, especially reviews with photos, it may help you increase sales. 

Is it helpful? Like and Accept solution to let me know 🙂
Ryviu - Aliexpress Reviews app - is a product review software with the ability to import reviews from Aliexpress, Amazon, Etsy, and Dhgate in order to drive traffic, boost SEO, and increase sales. Over 40.000 stores use it.