How can our soil health-based CBD store be more effective?

cedarmeadow
Tourist
6 0 1

We launched our CBD store about a year ago and are working to slowly gain traction. We realize we're in an incredibly difficult, crowded and noisy space, so we've worked hard to build on strong positioning. 

We're like to start marketing more aggressively, but would love feedback (and even re-tooling portions of the site, if necessary) before we open up wider. 

While we're not looking for an overhaul, we DO want to be effective in ATTRACTING our market, COMMUNICATING our message, and easily FACILITATING sales.

We'd be thrilled to receive your feedback about:

• Messaging
  • Design
  • Functionality

Huge thanks for taking the time to check us out at CedarMeadow.Farm

Replies 9 (9)
DanSP
Shopify Partner
161 12 40

Hi @cedarmeadow, after taking a look at your store, here are some of my suggestions

• add a call to action in the banner on your homepage
  • On the product page, please change the background color of add to cart button to draw attention.
  • Add extra add to cart button below product description or sticky add to cart button so they can easier to checkout when checking your product
  • Add a trust badge below Add to cart button 
  • Product reviews are recommended.

Hope this can help.

Dan from Ryviu
hori_tran
Shopify Partner
131 15 48

Hi @cedarmeadow 

I visited your website. your products are very nice. I like them. Your store looks great basically.

But I saw something, this may be helpful to get a higher conversion rate:

- add a best seller category

- Show promotion on the top slide

- Add the "call to action" button here:

hori_tran_0-1636426621726.png

- add realistic product images

- make videos to attract customers and increase time on site

- discount pop up

- Footer: add your social media

- Add reviews for each product (some Shopify review apps can help) to attract customers

hori_tran_1-1636426760588.png

- And don't forget to add JSON LD to your site to display your reviews on Google search by SEO app. (This SEO app I use 1 year: https://bit.ly/2YsfRzq)

- SEO: your mobile version is not good. Heading tags, Meta tags, keywords are not optimized. To handle this I usually use the above SEO app.

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Thank you and have a nice work!!!
CutOutWiz
Navigator
395 28 152

Hello @cedarmeadow 

Hope you are doing well! Your shop looks very neat and organized. Good job is done there. The theme matches your products very well.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. Consider, however, adding a Shop Now button to your banner, which will take you directly to the relevant product page.

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch.

The main problem most Shopify store owners have is that they upload raw images of their products. On the website, this makes the product color dull and unappealing.

Rule of thumb - never post unprocessed images on your website. In case you are looking to make your images sharp and professional, contact CutOutWiz for any image-related solutions.

Especially for this kind of product, it is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
cedarmeadow
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you so much!

this is incredibly helpful - we'll start processing this feedback. 

Thank you for taking the time to review and provide this detail note.

cedarmeadow
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you!

Very helpful feedback - definitely some things we need to learn about - we'll give it a try!

cedarmeadow
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you so much for taking the time to send this note! 

We'll review these and start to get them in the works!

PartnersWire
Excursionist
35 2 12

Hi @cedarmeadow 

Messaging, design and functionality is a great factors in attracting client. Try also making your browser tab stand-out by using some animations and consistency is the key.

I also suggest to check solutions that helps you to gain customer satisfaction and sell more.

Hyde
Shopify Staff
1066 114 192

Hi @cedarmeadow

Great work on the store and congratulations! I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but now that I'm looking through your site I have to say you've done a great job.

You've got video, you've got several pages with informative content, you've even got a book - fantastic!

You have all this brilliant material that you can now disseminate widely and enthusiastically to your target audience. But who is your audience? Who is your target consumer? Have a look at How to create customer personas

At the moment your store spans:

1. Agriculture (with your expertise in soil health)
2. CBD oil for people
3. CBD oil for pets
4. CBD oil for horses

You could feasibly be all of those, but then you might want to position yourself as a lifestyle brand as opposed to focusing entirely on the product? That way all those elements could live comfortably under the brand name of Cedar Meadow Farm, which is a symbol of the lifestyle you're advocating.

So, in essence, you'd be creating an online community with the farm as the digital meeting place. All your content is brilliantly personalized (love that Grizzly the dog has his own page) so you can keep that personalized material and funnel it into the appropriate social channels and platforms.

How do you plan on raising awareness about your brand and staying in touch with loyal customers? Maintaining a blog is great for SEO purposes, but if you don't have the time to sit down and write a blog post every couple-of-weeks-to-a-month then maybe you want to focus your energy on TikTok marketing. You could showcase life on the farm and feature Grizzly! You can also now sell products through TikTok too by installing the app.

Have a look at this smart content marketing funnel for more ideas about how you make expand your reach and improve your customer's journey to understanding your brand.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have more questions!

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

cedarmeadow
Tourist
6 0 1

Hyde, this is a brilliant and appreciated reply. I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier - I meant to - your analysis is encouraging, specific and very insightful. 

Thinking of how to reposition our brand as a lifestyle vs. a product is really an interesting prospect that's made us all turn and think again about everything. We're mulling this over a lot. 

Thank you very much for taking the time to both look and respond to my inquiry!