How does my store look? "YourGrub"

jamesMeegan
Excursionist
47 1 9

So this is not an actual store and it won't be used to sell anything. This is just a practice store. I am in the process of becoming a Shopify theme developer and this is the first store I've created. I was gonna put this in my portfolio of projects that I've worked on to show I have experience. Please let me know what I should change or what I should I add to the store. 

Here is the preview link: https://hcup12lajbhm5cn2-59603353759.shopifypreview.com

Replies 5 (5)
PageFly
Shopify Partner
1934 268 1411

Hi @jamesMeegan

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. First of all, congratulations on your store. So I've checked your store and I have some feedback on it, and I hope it helps.

Add favicon to your store

Having a favicon for your store will make your store unique and help customers easily recognize it. You can check this article to know how to add it. 

Home page

1. Make the menu sticky

• A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. 
  • A sticky navigation bar will help customers navigate themselves from every part of the homepage to any page of your store more conveniently. 

2. Add section about your brand story

A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional.

PageFly_0-1632671574411.png

Product page

I take this product page as an example:

PageFly_2-1632672611501.png

1. Have at least 3-5 product images for all products

• Product images are essential elements for users to judge products- if products do not display enough images, users will not be able to get a full sense of products and will be reluctant to purchase. 

PageFly_1-1632671857461.png

2. Display a minimum of 6 reviews by default and allow users to submit reviews

• Normally, users often rely on reviews to judge a product besides product detail descriptions and other info given by a site since they consider them more legit and authentic. I would recommend you display reviews on your product page (with a minimum of 6 reviews with the ability to “Load more” and allow users to submit their reviews.

3. Display or Link to a Return policy from the main Product page content (Optional)

Customers get hesitant to shop online because they are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it. Return and exchange policy should be findable on the product page.

The actual return policy, in particular, the duration and the payment of return shipping, is highly impactful to site conversions. However, you should take extra care to make your policy easy to read and clear for customers.

Moreover, you can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

jamesMeegan
Excursionist
47 1 9

I made the header sticky, added the favicon, and the return policy page. Other than that did you think the site looked somewhat professional and would you think it would entice possible clients to hire me to alter their shopify sites. Thats really the whole goal of me building these sites so I can show prospective clients that I know what I am doing.

Shay
Shopify Staff
513 85 99

Hi @jamesMeegan 

Thank you for sharing your development store with us to have a look at. Building a store for display purposes can be tough sometimes as it's hard to recognize the content that you may need or that a customer/client may want to see. 

I would encourage you to review the demo stores available in our theme store (search for "food" to find similar layouts to your own) to see how our expert approved themes are marketed and displayed:

I do really like the work you have done so far and I do think there is room to improve. While browsing the website, I did come across a formatting issue on the "7 days of meals" product page (followed the link to the product page from the homepage call to action).

In the screenshot below I noticed an overlap in the search bar and search icon in the upper right side and a duplicate product offering below the main one on the product content page:

27-27-73985-40000

Outside of the issue I saw on that product page, I did feel that that the font size for the pricing on the collection page and the home page was a bit small. I would look at increasing the sizing to ensure the website is fully accessible. You can learn more about store accessibility here: Accessibility for themes · Shopify Help Center.

I would also look at filling out your content with more robust information and ensuring that a customer (even though the site isn't real) could follow this purchase experience all the way through. Some questions I asked myself while looking:

• How would you setup fulfillment for this store?
  • What are the delivery options?
  • Do you package and ship prepared food through the mail?
  • How do I check to see if I am eligible for local delivery? 
  • Where are the products sourced?
  • Is there a blog with content related to the food being made and served here?
  • Do the recipes change over time? How frequently?

Obviously your store is not going to be actually fulfilling orders, as it is meant for display, but right now I just see a layout and basic content, not a complete store with a customer driven story behind it. The questions I asked are questions that an active store would need to be able to answer and something I would want to see from a demo store in the same niche. 

I hope this helps you on your development journey! Don't hesitate to reply back if you have additional questions.

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AllFetch
Shopify Partner
645 60 243

Hi @jamesMeegan 

I have visited your store and here are my suggestions. Hope they are helpful to you!

Homepage

In general, your homepage looks clear and well-arranged. There are only a few things that you should improve it 

• Make sticky navigation menu: The first thing you can improve is to make a sticky navigation menu so that visitors can easily go through important sections. The constant presence of the menu bar reminds users that other pages, ones they probably need, are also available.
  • Add sale of price: Most customers have price consciousness and are interested in good deals. Adding compare price/ sale of price for products displaying on your homepage will be an effective method to appeal customers and increase conversion rate
  • Activate Sticky cart: I recommend you to activate sticky cart on your website. This enhances the user experience and makes the checkout process simple and easy for them. Moreover, a sticky cart helps to increase the conversion rate by reducing cart abandonment. Try out this app Advanced Sticky Add To Cart for free
  • Showcase shoppable Instagram feed on your site: I see that you have a business Instagram account which is great to integrate your Instagram with your store. Turn your Instagram feed into a shoppable gallery and let your followers shop right from the posts. Displaying beautiful shoppable Instagram galleries throughout your site will aid in product discovery, inspiration, and sales. Link your Instagram profile to your store and convert your followers into customers. App Instagram Shoppable Feed can help you at ease and free.

Product page

• Testimonials/ Customer review: Adding testimonials on your product page will be a good way to build trust and credibility from new customers. The majority of buyers are concerned about whether the products they purchase online are as attractive and high-quality as they appear on the website. As a result, previous customer feedback might have a significant impact on a potential customer's buying decision.
  • Create Bundles: It seems like you have various types of products. It is a good condition to apply an effective cross-sell method which is product bundles. You can create many product bundles with discounts to appeal to customers. Most customers are willing to buy bundles to get a lower total price. Therefore, don't miss this chance to sell more products and increase your sales. App Product Bundle Volume Discount can help you create bundles at ease. 

That’s all my suggestions for your store. Hope they are helpful to you

Happy selling!

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 10.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.
- Stay updated with AllFetch: Website / Youtube / AllFetch Community / Facebook / Twitter / Linkedin.
Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com
jamesMeegan
Excursionist
47 1 9

Didn't even realize I had multiple copies of the same image below, I fixed thank you.