FROM CACHE - en_header

how to find my store in shop app

lovejoy121
2 0 0

hi, guys, I have an online store buylovetoy.com but it is so strange that I cannot find my store in the shop app by searching the store name.

I really love the function of the shop app. if  Shopify can integrate the amazon store link in their shop app. That would be huge.

since amazon downplays the seller's store and gradually replaces it with their own brand store. 

Does anybody help me ??

Replies 11 (11)
Leah755
Excursionist
15 1 7

Hi @lovejoy121 , 

You could possibly not find your online store in Shop App may be because you are using the old version of the App(since the apps too will likely do maintenance and upkeep of their app).

Try updating the App on your mobile then search for your online Store. If its still not working out Kindly contact me.

Leah755
Excursionist
15 1 7

And hope you are already making huge sales on your online Store?

lovejoy121
2 0 0
Hi. I still cannot find my store after update

Search lovetoy there is no result coming out

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1010 137 167

Hey, @lovejoy121!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting, and a very warm welcome to the Community!

It's awesome to hear you are utilizing the Shop App, it's a breakthrough shopping companion that helps level the playing field for independent businesses, all for no additional cost for you or your customers.

Firstly, ensure that you have added the Shop channel to your Shopify admin. This will allow you to manage settings that'll help improve your customer's shopping experience:

• Click the + button beside the Sales channels heading.

• On the Add sales channel dialog, click Shop to learn more about the sales channel.

• Click Add channel.

For further guidance, we have a great help doc that I suggest reading below:

Shop Search

Shop search is currently in beta and is available only to eligible merchants in the US and Canada. Shop search is designed with ranking systems that help customers quickly find the most relevant and useful search results. These ranking systems are made up of a series of algorithms that consider many factors, including your location. Shop search is continuously evolving to ensure that it returns relevant results for queries.

If you meet the Shop Merchant Guidelines and you have the Shopping and Discovery settings enabled in the Shop sales channel, then your customers can discover your Shop profile and the products in your store from the Explore tab in the Shop app.

How can I make sure my brand shows up in Shop?

Once you have Shop Pay enabled and meet the Shop Merchant guidelines, personalized product recommendations from your store will show up in your customers’ Shop feed automatically and for free. There’s nothing else you need to do!

How do I enable Shop Pay for my customers?

You can turn on Shop Pay in your payment settings along with other accelerated checkout options. Note that Shop Pay is only available if you are using or are eligible for Shopify Payments. Learn more about Shopify Payments and the eligibility requirements here.

How can I encourage my customers to use Shop?

Once a customer has completed checkout, they can easily track their order by downloading the Shop app straight from your Order Status Page. Add the 'Track with Shop' option at the checkout by activating it in your admin.

You can learn more about the Shop app from the Shop Help page below:

As this is your first post in the Shopify Community I would like to welcome you! I would recommend reading our guide on getting support from the Shopify Community here so you are best equipped when looking for support through these forum boards. We also have this great Introduction to Shopify section of our Help Center and a YouTube Channel which is jam-packed with how-to guides to help you get set up faster.

I do hope this helps! Let me know how you get on with the suggestions above and feel free to let me know if I can clarify anything further.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1010 137 167

Hi @lovejoy121,

Shop search is currently available only to eligible merchants in the US and Canada. You also need to ensure you meet the Shop Merchant Guidelines and you have the Shopping and Discovery settings enabled in the Shop sales channel, then your customers can discover your Shop profile and the products in your store from the Explore tab in the Shop app.

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers, 

MoltenKhor
Tourist
6 0 4

It's June 2022 and i still can't see how my is showing up on shop app since there's no way to search it. Atleast add some sort of direct link from the shopify admin panel...this is so ridiculous i'm actually regretting the time spent on setting up this and shopify payments... 

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1010 137 167

Hey @MoltenKhor,

You are able to view how your store appears in the Shop App via the customize section of the Shop channel within your Shopify Admin. See example below: 

22-06-pnhvx-o01y8

Let me know how you get on!

MoltenKhor
Tourist
6 0 4

This is just a preview, in order to see how it actually render i had to make an order with a placeholder account or i couldn't have any way to reach my shop in the shop app.

Is that so hard to implement a search bar? I mean it's not rocket science

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1010 137 167

@MoltenKhor 

You should definitely be able to view your store in the Shop App. When you search for your store name via the app does nothing appear? I just tested and am able to successfully search my store and view all products and collections available.

Shop search results include stores that ship to the customer's location. For example, if a customer is located in the United States, then only stores that ship to the United States are displayed in the customer's search results. 

Shop local lets customers find stores to shop from that are within 31 miles or 50 kilometers of the location of their device. To appear in Shop local, you need to meet the merchant requirements and the following criteria:

• Have a POS location within 31 miles or 50 kilometres of a customer's device.
  • Have a POS location with at least 20 days of sales in a month within the last year.
  • Have a sale within the last 30 days.

MoltenKhor
Tourist
6 0 4

If i press 🔍 on the bottom i only get explore section with suggested gategories, if i select local there are no result even if i'm literally in my shop address.

There is no search bar nowhere in the app, is this because i'm in EU?

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1010 137 167

@MoltenKhor 

Ah! Yes, you are correct. The search bar is currently in Beta, therefore only available to Shop app users in the United States and Canada. If you're using the Shop app from another location, then you can browse the Search tab to discover new products.