How to generate store traffic? Can someone review my store and provide advice to increase traffic?

Solved
elopezsnyder
1 0 0

Hello! I recently launched my store and I need advice to get people to visit my store and build up sales. Any advice is welcome.

Thank you

My store: https://evermoredreamart.com/ 

0 Likes
Kimi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
64 8 15

Hi, @elopezsnyder!

Congratulations on the launch of your store, and thanks for reaching out to get some feedback on it!

When it comes to increasing your store's traffic (and from that, hopefully, your store's sales too), you'll want to focus on your store's design, branding and customer experience, as well as some marketing strategies. I have a few suggestions that you can go through on your end:

1. Your brand story: Having a solid brand story is essential for all businesses, but moreso for an art store. Art is a highly personal purchase for customers, so your story as an artist can be the deciding factor in a customer's purchasing decision. When looking for art pieces to purchase, chances are customers would want to feel moved and compelled by not only the art that you're selling, but your whole brand story and package as an artist and business. It's definitely worthwhile to spend some time in creating a brand story, to outline your "why" and to highlight your point of differences in comparison to other online art stores. Once you have a brand story you're happy with, you can add a small snippet of it to your homepage, and create an About Us page to invite customers to read the rest of your story.

2. Focus on your homepage: A homepage to an online store is what a window display is to a retail store. It allows your prospective customers to take a peek at what you sell in a matter of seconds, where they'll also make their first impression of your store. Because of this, it's really important that you create a homepage that will make visitors want to stay and browse around. An eye-catching image banner is a popular strategy that stores take to capture their prospective customers' interest. A simple, clean, and easy to navigate homepage will also help better customer experience – this is something that your store already have, so it's really great to see this! I recommend going through our Shopify Blog here on homepage design, if you need a guide to help you think about how you can optimize your homepage as a sales and marketing tool.

3. Marketing strategies: Once you're happy with any edits made to your website, you can start to think about ways to increase your store's traffic. This can be done using paid or unpaid methods. You can market your store and products through setting up a paid marketing campaign on social media for example, or for an unpaid option, think about how you can optimize your store's SEO to increase your store’s discoverability too.

Just remember that as you create new marketing campaigns overtime, and discover new strategies for your store, keep an eye out on your store's analytics too. Your analytics gives you the tools to understand which campaigns and strategies have worked for your store more than others, and moving forward this will help you tailor a strategy that works best for your business.

Let me know how you go with the information above! I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @elopezsnyder, I have some comments on your website. Hope they would help you to increase traffic. 

1. The home page: 

- You should place the logo in the left corner to increase the brand awareness

- The menu bar is important as it is the first thing to come when customers entering the website. You could divide the products into smaller categories. 

- You should have a fixed menu bar that will help users navigate to the other pages easily, and they will 't have to scroll up and down again and again whenever they want to explore your website more.

fb 31.png

2. Follow-up with shoppers who abandoned their carts

Did you know that research from Baymard Institute has shown that "69.57% of online shopping carts are abandoned"? This is a huge number and what you should do is to follow up with shoppers who abandoned their carts and turn them into your customers. Email follow-up is a good choice and you can check out Klaviyo and Avada for this.

3. The footer: 

Add more information such as shipping, refund policy and your social channels.

fb 32.png

4. Use the count down timer

Since you are applying the sales off strategy, you can try using a countdown timer on your website to create the urgency and increase the conversion rate more quickly. If you're interested in it, check out this app from Shopify.

5. Create a professional FAQ page

Try to create a more professional FAQ page to make your website more SEO-friendly and visually appealing to the customers. Read this article from Shopify to learn how to build a FAQ page. You can also take a look at this FAQ building app.

Lastly, if suggest you want to optimize your store more effectively, then you can view PageFly solution. They can help you with this.

Hope these help.

If you find my answer helpful for you, please mark it as a solution. Thank you and good luck

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Navigator
362 28 138

Hello @elopezsnyder 

Hope you are well. For an owner with very little experience, you have done a pretty good job. I must say your aesthetic eye is very keen.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes
UpPromote
Shopify Partner
77 2 14

Hi @elopezsnyder,

This is UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing - The no.1 Affiliate marketing on Shopify app store.

Firstly, congratulation for your first online business. It would be hard at the beginning. Most other business would be same as you in the past, and now they are successful. So be patient!

I have just gone through your store website:

Plus point:

- Your products are wonderful and interested

- The layout of the page is clear

- You include enough information for customer, especially payment method information in the footer

On other hand, here are some suggestions for improvement and I hope you find it useful:

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 15.59.33.png

The menu bar is very important. You can generate your products into smaller categories, and collect into different collections. 

- Adding product reviews. Customers will spend their to read user reviews more than they read product descriptions.  So try to add some reviews of your products to your homepage. It will strongly help to increase customer's reliability to your products. You can use product review apps so support you to do it. 

- The footer: You should add some information about shipping method, terms and policies, about us.

- Try to introduce your store via "About us" section. You can inspire your energy, passionate to your customers via your story.

Marketing strategy: With the marketing strategy, you should spend first priority to find the methods which brings positive results with no risky and low cost. It much better for you at this time. Besides adding your social media channel such as Facebook or Instagram on your homepage, you can add the affiliate registration form on the shop menu , so any visitors who visit your site can easily approach your affiliate campaign.

Your affiliate can create an account and log in right in your shop, which is really simple and convenient.

Screenshot_315-1024x470.png

Affiliate marketing is a marketing model which helps to grow your business faster and stably. This marketing campaign allows you to connect with various affiliates, and then they will use their advertising sources such as social media channels, websites, blogs, etc, to promote your products. You only need to pay affiliate commission whenever a customer makes a purchase via the unique link or coupon associated with their recommendation.

Why using Affiliate Marketing helps to boost sales?

Cost-Effectiveness

Affiliate marketing may be the most cost-effective form of advertising since you’re only paying for results. In fact, affiliate marketing does not need a huge amount to build a customer service team, or running advertising. This campaign helps to mitigate any risks that drive traffic or run social ads with little or no result for your Shopify business, while also ensuring that merchants achieve what they pay for.

Sales

With UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing, generating an affiliate program allows you to tap into potential sources of traffic and revenue that you would otherwise not be getting. This is especially true of physical products, for which affiliates can do product review blog posts or videos, for example.

UpPromote_0-1632404823645.png

Brand Awareness

A research reported that 92% of customers trust the recommendations of people, companies or influencers they know. For this reason, working directly with affiliate marketers who then promote your products to their established audience, brings more opportunities and more direct sales. The plus of affiliate marketing is to expand out into new markets that you haven't explored, giving your brand a much stronger online presence.

SEO Value

Publishers (the affiliates) link to your website to send traffic your way. Provided they aren’t spammy, these links are usually beneficial for your off-page SEO efforts, since inbound links are a huge factor in Google’s ranking algorithm.

The “Industry” Is Growing

As previously mentioned, U.S. affiliate marketing spend is expected to grow 10 percent over the next five years to $6.8 billion, fueled by the enormous growth of e-commerce  and social media.

Customer Data

UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing provides you valuable data and insight into how, where and why your customers are buying, which you can then use to make smarter marketing decisions in the future across other channels.

I hope my recommendation will be helpful for you. If you are still looking for a marketing tool to boost your sales greatly, I hope you can try our product: UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing 

If these feedbacks are valuable and helpful, kindly give us a "Like" or mark it as a solution. Be patient with your business and good luck!

All the bests,

UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing

Build. Manage. Succeed with Affiliate Marketing

UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing - the best Shopify affiliate app
- The powerful tools to support Shopify merchants to build, manage and succeed effectively with affiliate marketing.
- At the moment UpPromote reaches 35K+ merchants used; and 724K+ affiliates signed up, and 25M clicks recorded.
0 Likes