How to Sell

phillipmiller31
1 0 0

I'm new here and i want to learn how to sell product on shopify.

Replies 3 (3)
Marty
Shopify Staff
429 67 84

Hi, @phillipmiller31.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to offer you some support for this. We are so happy to hear you are looking to start selling on the Shopify platform and I would be more than happy to offer you some resources that can help you get started. Have you thought about what sort of products you are looking to sell in your shop? If not, I would recommend checking out this helpful article here that talks about finding a product to sell online. You will also want to decide whether you are going to be selling your own products, such as something you have access to sell or that you make yourself. Or if you are selling a supplier's products as a dropshipping store. Dropshipping lets you sell products by using a supplier that holds the inventory and ships the product for you. You pay the wholesale price to the supplier while controlling the price that your customers see in your Shopify store, so you don't need to hold any inventory or ship items yourself. If you are interested in this method of selling, we have a great guide here that you can check out for more information.

Another great resource that you will want to go over is our Intro to Shopify guide. This guide will walk through an overview of the platform, a breakdown of our subscription plans and prices and even how to get started with your 14-day free trial. Another great resource for you to check out if you are more of a visual learner like myself is our help center Youtube channel, which offers short informational and tutorial videos, like starting your store and how to add a product to your shop. You will also want to make sure you get accustomed to themes when building your store, themes are the templates you use to build and design your shop. We have a handy guide that talks about choosing themes that will offer you some more insight into this aspect. Lastly, I suggest going through our General checklist for starting a store guide, this checklist outlines all the steps that you need to take to get started with Shopify. These steps will help guide you to create, open, and promote your online store.

I hope the above information helps provide you with the resources you need to get started, please feel free to reach back out here with any questions you may have!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

hori_tran
Shopify Partner
146 16 55

As a fellow store owner who also struggled at first, here are my personal recommendations for you. Just make sure:

1. you have a winning product.

2. Your store is professional-looking and high-converting.

- Show promotion and a great shopping policy on the top

- add realistic product images

- make videos to attract customers and increase time on site

- pop up chat and discount pop up - Footer: add your social media

- Add reviews for each product (some Shopify review apps can help)

- And don't forget to add JSON LD to your site to display your reviews on Google search by SEO app. (This SEO app I use 1 year: https://bit.ly/2YxoOYC )

- SEO: your mobile version is good. Heading tags, Meta tags, keywords are optimized. To handle this I usually use the above SEO app.

- Add Google Analytics to track customers visiting your site

3. Effective and diverse marketing strategies including ads, email marketing, SEO, etc

For me, step 3 is where most people including myself could go wrong. My advice for small stores starting out with a limited budget would be to invest 80% on ads and 20% on SEO. At first, you need to prioritize ads for quick sales but never miss out on SEO as it helps you grow your online presence sustainably with an affordable strategy. By the way, there's no need to hire a costly SEO expert as there are some free SEO apps that offer good service.

Just my personal recommendations. Hope it helps

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Thank you and have a nice work!!!
PartnersWire
Excursionist
35 3 12

Hi @phillipmiller31 

Research your niche, start and just keep on going.

Make you store looks clean and professional. I also suggest to check solutions that helps you with store management and eventually gain customer satisfaction and able to sell more.

Let me know if you need help. You may also check links on our valuable apps that provide real-time solutions