I am looking for feedback before I officially launch - your help would be appreciated

GillianArtist
Tourist
3 0 2

I have managed to get my site organized (wow what a learning curve).  I plan to launch on Sept. 13 and would REALLY appreciate your feedback before I officially launch.  Current password is BOHCHO.  I am open to all constructive criticisms.  

Replies 10 (10)
collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
222 26 95

Hi @GillianArtist 

What is your store URL?

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact
collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
222 26 95

Hi @GillianArtist 

Thanks for sharing! You have some really beautiful artwork and product collections and your store look professional and well designed - I can tell you have put in a lot of work on this one! Nice job!

I will suggest making the main header sticky - so when a customer is down the page. They won't have to scroll up to the top to access the main navigation of your store. This makes navigating through your store a lot easier. Also, adding breadcrumbs will make navigating the store easier   - Breadcrumbs are a series of links typically found at the top of a webpage that tracks user navigation through your website so they can easily identify what they’re looking for and find their way back to the previous collection. Breadcrumbs help Google index your product pages and SiteMap as well as give your customer a better user experience on your site. 

Here is an example of a hierarchy breadcrumb

collinsmbaka_1-1631127722545.png

I will also suggest adjusting the product images on the collection page - so they all have equal heights as that will be neat. It will make the collection pages easier to scroll through than it is now.

The other thing you will want to start focusing on is getting traffic and converting your traffic to sales - They are a ton of useful resources on the Shopify blog and academy that can help you hone in on marketing. You can also check these articles on Making your first sales in 30 days and How to Build and Launch a Profitable Store

Best of luck and cheers!

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact
GillianArtist
Tourist
3 0 2
Thanks so much. GREAT suggestions!! Now more things to figure out. lol I am an artist so the learning curve was steep. I also know I need to optimize (and actually figure out what this means.

Take care,
Gillian
Mac
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
594 52 94

Hi, @GillianArtist!

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your store link, I would be happy to provide you with some feedback on your shop!

I really enjoyed looking through your shop and artwork, it looks like you have a wide variety of amazing art for your customers. The first thing I noticed were your great product photos and high quality media selection. Having these quality photos not only allows your customers to view the products better, but truly makes your store more clean and professional. On the other hand, I noticed that your initial banner photo is quite large in size. This causes the customer to scroll down further to view the additional information on your homepage, which may cause your viewing experience on desktop to suffer. A solution to this would be to simply crop the photo so that the text can be inserted above like so: 

08-15-10261-87388

I also noticed that you have very unique product descriptions and journals in your store! This is great as you are improving your search engine optimization (SEO). This will increase your store’s discoverability by using relevant keywords that your target customers will likely search for on Google. Here is a really helpful guide on how to get started with this. Also, check out this help document on how to submit your sitemap file to the Google Search Console to help Google find and index pages on your site.

Another great suggestion is to add Shopify Inbox to your shop. This app allows you to interact with potential customers and provide tailored recommendations if they have any questions regarding your artwork or shipping. This is done through a chat option that is located directly on your store and integrates with other messaging channels like Facebook Messenger and Apple Business Chat. Take a look at our Shopify Inbox Guide on how to set this up. 

I’d love to know more about your business and how you are using social media to promote your brand! Linking your account is a great idea as this allows you to have your products more available to your customers. Check out this really great guide on how to set up Facebook and Instagram shopping in your store. You can also take a look at our guide to content marketing for more information on how to engage with potential customers on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Reddit.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions! 

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Shopipro
Excursionist
24 0 2

Before you launch your website make sure you consider these following:

Slow page loading
Too many popups
Poor branding design
Low quality product photos
Not having enough product specifications
Too complicated checkout process
Over or under pricing strategy
Not recovering the abandoned carts
Hard to navigate website
Wrong landing page from ads

Hope that is helpful.

Growave
Shopify Partner
1543 52 436

Hi @GillianArtist 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. First of all, I would like to compliment your store design and visual appeal.  You have done a great job. I would suggest you considering implementing eCommerce marketing tools in order to increase your sales and drive traffic. I hope it will help.

• Add Favicon

Favicon adds legitimacy to your website and helps boost your online branding as well as trust from potential consumers. Favicons are an immediate visual marker for the website which enables easy and quick identification for webpage visitors especially when a lot of tabs are open.

• Add Reviews

I strongly advise adding reviews to products for building customer trust and social proof. Reviews are a vital part of an online store since credibility is a fundamental basis in any eCommerce. Attach a photo or text review to your art items.

• Add Referral system

I suggest you take into consideration the Referral program in order to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your paintings with friends and getting rewarded for that. Try to gain more orders through existing customers. It motivates customers to develop your brand community together.

6666.png

• Add Instagram gallery on your Shopify Store

I highly recommend taking advantage of social media and add Instagram gallery with your painting on your homepage. Link your profile on Instagram where you already have 3222 followers to your store and allow customers to shop directly from the posts. It will drive traffic to your site as well as to your profile. Showcasing stunning shoppable Instagram galleries across your site will help to increase product discovery.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at affordable price, try  Growave.  It constains 5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test all-in-one marketing platform Growave for free, press Growave

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
3818 755 794

Hey @GillianArtist,

Your web is well-designed with the quality images, and also has necessary eCommerce feature. Personally, I have some suggestions to help you optimize your page.

1. Add Live Chat

Live chat is a great way to enhance the conversion rate on your page. According to Shopify, "Merchants that respond to a customer's chat within 5 minutes are 69% more likely to get a sale from the shopper." Therefore, you should install a chatbot app into your store to start engaging more actively with the site visitors. When it comes to live chat app, please check out Tidio or Reamaze.

2. Use The Quick View Feature

Quick view is a great feature that help you allow the site visitors to hover over your products and add them to their carts, without having to leave the collection page. Using this functionality will help you shorten the purchasing process of your potential customers => increase the conversion rate more quickly. You can take a look at this quick view app on Shopify.

3. Show The Estimated Delivery Date

Estimate the delivery date for each product also means showing the dedicated attention to your customers. Therefore, you can take a look at this app to display the estimated delivery date for each product.

Hope these help.

4. Follow-up With Shoppers Who Abandoned Their Carts

Did you know that research from Baymard Institute has shown that "69.57% of online shopping carts are abandoned"? This is a huge number and what you should do is to follow up with shoppers who abandoned their carts and turn them into your customers. Email follow-up is a good choice and you can check out Klaviyo or Avada for this.

5. Optimize SEO Performance

Since your online store is going to be launched, I suggest you should read this SEO guide to start boosting up the page rank in the long term

6. Optimize Instagram Marketing Strategy

I see that you integrated Instagram with your store. You could take a look at this article to know how to optimize the Instagram marketing activity.

If you find my answer helpful for you, please kindly mark it as a solution. I appreciate your response and good luck on your launching day. 

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Have not had your Shopify store yet? Start the 14-day free trial HERE
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Try our FREE DEMO now!
Dr_S
Explorer
64 1 17

Hi, @GillianArtist  

Your Store Looks good. you are doing good work on the Store.
I suggest you few basic points for your Store.

1. You are giving info/offer and Shipping details at the top of the banner. but it is not visible to reads clearly.

Here you can use Bright colors related to your theme.
so, the message will be visible clearly.

I suggest the white color here.

A11_0-1631263906238.png

2.  Add a Favicon

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @GillianArtistThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

- The banner image in the first fold of the homepage is too large. You should change it. 

- Align all the images with each other.

AiTrillion_0-1631265924610.png

- Add a newsletter sign up box in the footer with automatic thank you email. 

- Add a review carousel on the homepage. It helps building trust with other visitors. 

- Add a review section on the product page as people read reviews before making a purchase. 

Add trust badges in your store. With the help of trust badges, customers will know that all the processes taking place are safe and secure. 

- Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers.

To add the above marketing engagement tools to optimize the conversions of your store there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.