I am requesting feedback on my store Grumpy Dad Apparel

Solved
grumpydad
1 0 0

My store URL is www.weargrumpydad.com

Please give me any feedback you think would be helpful.

Accepted Solutions (3)

Accepted Solutions
CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @grumpydad 

I must say, your store looks very nice, and the way that you have incorporated humour within your descriptions is really good and adds a unique touch. 

Here are some minor tweaks to your page that you can consider: 

a) Banner: 

Your banner ticks all the basic boxes and looks very good as well. My suggestion here is to make the slideshow a little shorter (around 5 seconds per slide) so that it attracts the customer's attention. You may also consider putting the hyperlinks in such a way that each slide talks about a certain product and each call to action button leads to a different product page.

b) Headers: 

You may want to add more tabs to your header, for example "women's tees" or "new collection" instead of advertising on a small banner at the top that new collections are incoming. 

c) Chatbot: 

You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyse which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solves your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to. 

Happy Selling and A very Happy New Year to You!

Thank you and Best of Luck!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz

View solution in original post

RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1279 178 854

Hi @grumpydad , 

I'm Richard- CRO Expert at PageFly Page Builder- would love to have some comments on your store.

First of all, congratulations, I think you have already had conversions with it- the display is very great. You just need to pay attention to small details.

1. Homepage

RichardNguyen_0-1609390735814.png

- To better customer experiences, the Product Collections should be displayed in the 4x3 grid view. If later on, your collections increase, you can change the layout.

RichardNguyen_1-1609391040795.png

- Add more CTA buttons on the Homepage. For example, the name of the collections should be placed elsewhere, replaced by a "BUY NOW" button, which can also put at the bottom of the collections.

- Also, consider adding a review or testimonial section on the Homepage, which increases the reliability of your store. 

RichardNguyen_0-1609395464537.png

When I click on this tab, I expect to see ALL PRODUCTS, instead of this repeated content on the Homepage. So this should be named COLLECTIONS, or just display some featured collections on the Homepage.

2. Product pages

RichardNguyen_1-1609395653034.png

- Your product images are too small, and customers will not see the details or the outstanding feature of a product. Also, there is a feeling of confusion, you need to break the line out, make it a 4x3 grid view. 

RichardNguyen_2-1609395923566.png

- I think there are some bugs here with the text. Also, add a Shipping and Return Policy would make your Product details page perfect!

That's all. In general, the store looks amazing, hoping it can run well for long. If you find my comments helpful, please LIKE and MARK AS SOLUTION.

Happy holidays!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly

Ali-92
Trailblazer
131 9 44

Hi @grumpydad 

Just had a look at your store. Here is my feedback to add more value

* Add one more section on your homepage to make it more valuable that can be a marketing video showcasing all your products, offers and your brand positioning value.

* Another section can be of your happy customers testimonials. This will make your homepage more worthwhile.

* Integrate a live chat widget on your store. This way you can greet your visitors straight away and can also perform some marketing activities to capture the potential customers. You can try FB Chat by Care Cart to integrate the chat widget easily.

* The "About You" thing is really unique and urges one to click. I have observed that you have some sound copywriting skills which is a great thing and that is why I would recommend to add a blog page on your website as well. In the blog page, you can share weekly/bi-weekly articles revolving around your niche and what excites your target niche. Then share those posts in your social platforms. This will help in your click through rates and indirectly it will help you SEO as well.

* To protect store exits and bounce rate, integrate an exit intent pop up. You can try Wheelify app by Care Cart to implement this mechanism.

* Moreover, add some social proof to your website like showing up recent sales notification, stock countdown, and live traffic on your products. All these efforts will add value to your social proof and it will build your buyers confidence.

Hope the answer helps. 

Shopify Marketing Solutions: https://apps.shopify.com/partners/care-cart

Replies 5 (5)
CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @grumpydad 

I must say, your store looks very nice, and the way that you have incorporated humour within your descriptions is really good and adds a unique touch. 

Here are some minor tweaks to your page that you can consider: 

a) Banner: 

Your banner ticks all the basic boxes and looks very good as well. My suggestion here is to make the slideshow a little shorter (around 5 seconds per slide) so that it attracts the customer's attention. You may also consider putting the hyperlinks in such a way that each slide talks about a certain product and each call to action button leads to a different product page.

b) Headers: 

You may want to add more tabs to your header, for example "women's tees" or "new collection" instead of advertising on a small banner at the top that new collections are incoming. 

c) Chatbot: 

You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyse which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solves your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to. 

Happy Selling and A very Happy New Year to You!

Thank you and Best of Luck!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1279 178 854

Hi @grumpydad , 

I'm Richard- CRO Expert at PageFly Page Builder- would love to have some comments on your store.

First of all, congratulations, I think you have already had conversions with it- the display is very great. You just need to pay attention to small details.

1. Homepage

RichardNguyen_0-1609390735814.png

- To better customer experiences, the Product Collections should be displayed in the 4x3 grid view. If later on, your collections increase, you can change the layout.

RichardNguyen_1-1609391040795.png

- Add more CTA buttons on the Homepage. For example, the name of the collections should be placed elsewhere, replaced by a "BUY NOW" button, which can also put at the bottom of the collections.

- Also, consider adding a review or testimonial section on the Homepage, which increases the reliability of your store. 

RichardNguyen_0-1609395464537.png

When I click on this tab, I expect to see ALL PRODUCTS, instead of this repeated content on the Homepage. So this should be named COLLECTIONS, or just display some featured collections on the Homepage.

2. Product pages

RichardNguyen_1-1609395653034.png

- Your product images are too small, and customers will not see the details or the outstanding feature of a product. Also, there is a feeling of confusion, you need to break the line out, make it a 4x3 grid view. 

RichardNguyen_2-1609395923566.png

- I think there are some bugs here with the text. Also, add a Shipping and Return Policy would make your Product details page perfect!

That's all. In general, the store looks amazing, hoping it can run well for long. If you find my comments helpful, please LIKE and MARK AS SOLUTION.

Happy holidays!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly

Ali-92
Trailblazer
131 9 44

Hi @grumpydad 

Just had a look at your store. Here is my feedback to add more value

* Add one more section on your homepage to make it more valuable that can be a marketing video showcasing all your products, offers and your brand positioning value.

* Another section can be of your happy customers testimonials. This will make your homepage more worthwhile.

* Integrate a live chat widget on your store. This way you can greet your visitors straight away and can also perform some marketing activities to capture the potential customers. You can try FB Chat by Care Cart to integrate the chat widget easily.

* The "About You" thing is really unique and urges one to click. I have observed that you have some sound copywriting skills which is a great thing and that is why I would recommend to add a blog page on your website as well. In the blog page, you can share weekly/bi-weekly articles revolving around your niche and what excites your target niche. Then share those posts in your social platforms. This will help in your click through rates and indirectly it will help you SEO as well.

* To protect store exits and bounce rate, integrate an exit intent pop up. You can try Wheelify app by Care Cart to implement this mechanism.

* Moreover, add some social proof to your website like showing up recent sales notification, stock countdown, and live traffic on your products. All these efforts will add value to your social proof and it will build your buyers confidence.

Hope the answer helps. 

Shopify Marketing Solutions: https://apps.shopify.com/partners/care-cart
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @grumpydad, here is the feedback:

- On the homepage, add a section of trending, new, recently viewed products or you can install AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations.

Showcase reviews on the home page or create an exclusive page that will build more trust in visitors.

- Add a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.

Enable Social media conversion techniques on the store for better conversion.

You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
HughesMenswear
Excursionist
86 0 5

Hey Grumpy Dad,

I noticed we are using the same theme, which is rare to find anyone else using a paid theme in this part of the forum haha.

A few things I noticed. (please excuse the fact that these are all minor detail picky things)

- Your filters (tags) are not capitalised. I go nuts for the small details and this one got me right away.
- Prices are in your blue colour... any reason for this or you just wanted to incorporate the colour more? Pricing is one thing I find it best not to mess around with as a matter of professionalism. It cheapens the feel to colour them like this and makes them harder to read.
- I see your images are all imposed onto the same stock image. Do you have the blank without a white background? Personally I would change the white to a slightly off white I use #fafafa. This will add some structure to your collection pages. 
- The font you have chosen on the product pages is very rigid and not nice to read. 
- This theme has a built in review section. You should enable it and start writing some... I know that might sound dishonest... but so are people with the fake "someone from USA just purchased "X" ". Alls fair when trying to jump start your business. (I use Yotpo to collect after purchase reviews then I manually add them to the appropriate product pages as I quite like the look of the built in reviews.

Cheers,
Reece