I'd like some feedback on my store.

Solved
lojaookami
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi guys, i'd like some feedback on my store.

www.lojaookami.com

It's in portugese and still lacks some product descriptions, but I just want a general idea.

Thank you!

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
CartTurbo
Pathfinder
89 4 25

This is an accepted solution.

Sliders slow the site down, cause banner blindness, and divide the user’s attention.

A study by Notre Dame University web developer Erik Runyon showed their slider received a click-through rate of barely 1% and 90% of those clicks were on the first image.

Beaconfire conducted a similar study with four different clients’ websites. The CTR on these four sites was well under 1%, and again, the first slide in the rotation got most the clicks.

A Hero image with a call to action and the promise of a solution to my biggest problem would stand the best chance of getting my attention.

You should never use entry pop-ups.  They do more damage to user experience than just about anything other than load times.

And exit pop-ups make you look needy and insecure.

Ethan Zuckerman, the creator of the pop-ups apologized for creating “one of the most hated tools” in online marketing.

Entry pop-ups break the flow that is happening as someone is entering your site.

You’re blocking the information I'm looking for and forcing an action from me to continue.

It's bad for the web, it’s bad marketing, and it creates a terrible user experience.

The fact that pop-up blockers are built into browsers shows how aggravated people are with it. 

And the after market ad-block act as further proof.

Get rid of the pop-ups and force yourself to build a stronger, better, healthier content strategy.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)
DanBim
Shopify Partner
383 38 92

It has an aliexpress item link below the trust badge button.

Ryviu - Aliexpress Reviews app - is a review app, with features to import reviews from Aliexpress, Amazon, Etsy and Dhgate. Trusted by over 40.000+ merchants.

lojaookami
Tourist
8 0 1

yes, i've seen this, going to delete it soon! thank you!

thevista888
Explorer
65 0 21

It's all good to me except for the reviews on the home page. Lets be honest, who would share their pictures to the store just because they published a review? I dont see it much. Also, I think if you try to show how reliable you are by using those reviews on the home page, it would be repulsive to me. But dont forget that its all subjective.

CartTurbo
Pathfinder
89 4 25

This is an accepted solution.

Sliders slow the site down, cause banner blindness, and divide the user’s attention.

A study by Notre Dame University web developer Erik Runyon showed their slider received a click-through rate of barely 1% and 90% of those clicks were on the first image.

Beaconfire conducted a similar study with four different clients’ websites. The CTR on these four sites was well under 1%, and again, the first slide in the rotation got most the clicks.

A Hero image with a call to action and the promise of a solution to my biggest problem would stand the best chance of getting my attention.

You should never use entry pop-ups.  They do more damage to user experience than just about anything other than load times.

And exit pop-ups make you look needy and insecure.

Ethan Zuckerman, the creator of the pop-ups apologized for creating “one of the most hated tools” in online marketing.

Entry pop-ups break the flow that is happening as someone is entering your site.

You’re blocking the information I'm looking for and forcing an action from me to continue.

It's bad for the web, it’s bad marketing, and it creates a terrible user experience.

The fact that pop-up blockers are built into browsers shows how aggravated people are with it. 

And the after market ad-block act as further proof.

Get rid of the pop-ups and force yourself to build a stronger, better, healthier content strategy.

lojaookami
Tourist
8 0 1

A real lesson. Thank you very much. Will indeed make such changes.

lojaookami
Tourist
8 0 1

makes much sense, thank you!!