I'd love some feedback for my outdoor gear store

LostJohn2992
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi all

I'd love some feedback for my outdoor gear store www.pacificwestoutdoors.com

I've had it in the making for a while, and I'll slowly be adding more products to it, I thought I'd launch now while I keep working on it.  I live in Vancouver, Canada, and thought it would be good to have the store name regarding the pacific west.  Please let me know your feedback, be honest and brash, I won't get upset.  Thanks all!

Replies 5 (5)
AngelasDezignss
Excursionist
20 1 4

I really like your website. It looks amazing. I like the content, the colors, the wording. Looks great! Much success. 

RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1054 147 799

Hi @LostJohn2992 

Congrats on your new store! I’m Richard Nguyen- CRO Expert at PageFly- Free Landing Page Builder . I’d like to give you some suggestions, I hope they could help increase conversion rates for your store.

First, I think that you did a great job with the logo.  I love that you have promotion banners and a  prominent search bar. Also, your landscape images are inspiring.

From my point of view, there are some points that I think could be improved.

1. Adding a favicon to your site

Having a favicon for your store will make your store unique and help customers easily recognize it. You can check this article to know how to add it.

2. Make your header sticky

• A sticky navigation bar will make it easier for customers to navigate from any part of the homepage to any page of your store. 
  • Also, you can consider setting only one promotion banner, content can be devices by a hyphen so that you have more space for the sticky menu.
  • Making the navigation bar into one row helps you save space and better aesthetic.

3. Make the content in the hero banner more prominent

• Currently, headings and CTAs are quite difficult to read and unattractive. I suggest you increase the font size and font-weight.
  • Using bespoke product images in hero banners is my suggestion. A website should convey to the customer the product it offers above the fold.

4. Feature a Representative Sample of Products on the Homepage

You should feature a diverse sample of products directly on the homepage. Typical small catalog sites should aim for featuring at least half of the product catalog on the homepage, and at least 1 product for each product type. 

5. Add a section for a brand story on your homepage

Users are quick to evaluate not only a site’s product catalog, but also the brand’s policies, value proposition, and trustworthiness, from the homepage, and lack of clarity towards any of these concerns can result in premature abandonment. You guys have a nice About us page, I would suggest that you pick out a highlight or make a summary and put it in a section on the homepage.

6. Adding a testimonial section with pictures from customers

Users usually rely on reviews to select a product rather than product detail descriptions and other information provided because they believe reviews are more legitimate and trustworthy. I recommend that you include customer feedback on your home page and product pages.

You can use third-party review apps like Loox, Yotpo, or Judge.me, among others. PageFly works with these apps.

This guide can also be used to select the best reviews app for your store.

7. Have secondary hover images for the product

Customers can easily scan many products to see additional imagery by presenting secondary hover images.

With all the above, I think you’re good to go. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder with 24/7 support live chat to create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, also please take a look at this guide on how to personalize a Shopify store from PageFly, hope it helps!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

New webinar: Unpack #3: Create and Own Customer Relationship.

LostJohn2992
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi all

I've updated the website and taken some of your advice, thanks all for the help.  If people would like to have a look at pacificwestoutdoors.com and let me know if there's any more to add, I'd appreciate that a tonne!

Currently adding more products and imported reviews to these,  finding videos to add in product description, and some of my website products I have photos I have done myself which I am yet to upload most of them.  Cheers

Teetop
Tourist
11 0 3

I like your website design, layout and structure. But I see you have not setup  Sales Revenue Funnel, setting up this will make your website does retargeting and increase your Revenue. I would advise you do this. 

Gyana
Explorer
38 6 14

Hey hi,

Your Website looks awesome and the products are very unique too. My small suggestions can improvise your Webpage, that will make your page look more attractive and user friendly as well.

1. The search landing page is blank, you can add up some products on the search page. It gives some ideas for the customers to pick from.

2. I would recommend you to add some brief description under the product.

3. You can try up Search and Filters on your store instead of default search. There are so many APP's available in Shopify. Just have a look on Sparq, which allows advanced custom Tag product filters for Collection Pages, Product Filters and Search, Synonyms, Spelling Correction and other added features as well.

4. Make sure to add up social media pages and also your social media pages open up at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website instead of getting diverted while looking at your social presence.

5. And i noticed that contact information is empty, you can add up Email Address and Phone number to look more informative.

6. Filters plays key role, for customer in order to identify the correct product from numerous products, would recommend you to add up advanced Filters options for your store.

7. Footer looks empty so you can add up your store LOGO or some Words and Images related to your Products. And also you can try out some color according to your theme to look attractive.

Good Luck !! Hope my suggestions may help you in a better way.

Thanks
Gyana

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.