I'd love some feedback for my outdoor gear store

LostJohn2992
3 0 2

Hi all

I'd love some feedback for my outdoor gear store www.pacificwestoutdoors.com

I've had it in the making for a while, and I'll slowly be adding more products to it, I thought I'd launch now while I keep working on it.  I live in Vancouver, Canada, and thought it would be good to have the store name regarding the pacific west.  Please let me know your feedback, be honest and brash, I won't get upset.  Thanks all!

Replies 3 (3)
hori_tran
Shopify Partner
146 17 56

Hi,
I visited your website. your products and web design are very nice. I like them. But I saw something, this may be helpful to get a higher conversion rate:
- add a best seller category
- The slide banner with great visuals with your products and the "call to action" button. the slide banner should show the benefits of your products ( you can choose the best sellers to describe), your events, your discounts (Black Friday is coming, right?)

hori_tran_1-1637031060556.png

- add realistic product images
- make videos to attract customers and increase time on site
- pop up chat and discount pop up
- Add reviews for each product (some Shopify review apps can help) and a lower price next to the original one or to attract customers (on both the homepage and the product page)

- And don't forget to add JSON LD to your site to display your reviews on Google search by SEO app. (This SEO app I use 1 year: https://bit.ly/2YxoOYC)
- SEO: your mobile version is not good. Heading tags, Meta tags, keywords are not optimized. To handle this I usually use the above SEO app.
- Add Google Analytics to track customers visiting your site
- lacking favicon

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Thank you and have a nice work!!!
AngelasDezignss
Tourist
20 1 4

I really like your website. It looks amazing. I like the content, the colors, the wording. Looks great! Much success. 

RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
968 135 726

Hi @LostJohn2992 

Congrats on your new store! I’m Richard Nguyen- CRO Expert at PageFly- Free Landing Page Builder . I’d like to give you some suggestions, I hope they could help increase conversion rates for your store.

First, I think that you did a great job with the logo.  I love that you have promotion banners and a  prominent search bar. Also, your landscape images are inspiring.

From my point of view, there are some points that I think could be improved.

1. Adding a favicon to your site

Having a favicon for your store will make your store unique and help customers easily recognize it. You can check this article to know how to add it.

2. Make your header sticky

• A sticky navigation bar will make it easier for customers to navigate from any part of the homepage to any page of your store. 
  • Also, you can consider setting only one promotion banner, content can be devices by a hyphen so that you have more space for the sticky menu.
  • Making the navigation bar into one row helps you save space and better aesthetic.

3. Make the content in the hero banner more prominent

• Currently, headings and CTAs are quite difficult to read and unattractive. I suggest you increase the font size and font-weight.
  • Using bespoke product images in hero banners is my suggestion. A website should convey to the customer the product it offers above the fold.

4. Feature a Representative Sample of Products on the Homepage

You should feature a diverse sample of products directly on the homepage. Typical small catalog sites should aim for featuring at least half of the product catalog on the homepage, and at least 1 product for each product type. 

5. Add a section for a brand story on your homepage

Users are quick to evaluate not only a site’s product catalog, but also the brand’s policies, value proposition, and trustworthiness, from the homepage, and lack of clarity towards any of these concerns can result in premature abandonment. You guys have a nice About us page, I would suggest that you pick out a highlight or make a summary and put it in a section on the homepage.

6. Adding a testimonial section with pictures from customers

Users usually rely on reviews to select a product rather than product detail descriptions and other information provided because they believe reviews are more legitimate and trustworthy. I recommend that you include customer feedback on your home page and product pages.

You can use third-party review apps like Loox, Yotpo, or Judge.me, among others. PageFly works with these apps.

This guide can also be used to select the best reviews app for your store.

7. Have secondary hover images for the product

Customers can easily scan many products to see additional imagery by presenting secondary hover images.

With all the above, I think you’re good to go. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder with 24/7 support live chat to create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, also please take a look at this guide on how to personalize a Shopify store from PageFly, hope it helps!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.