I have customers coming in and alot of people making it all the way to checkout but no sales?

SwiftyAir
Excursionist
13 0 1

I have people going all the way to my checkout and making it right to the end but not checking out. Also some tips on my layout and website design would be great. www.swiftyair.com

Replies 2 (2)
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1592 196 356

Hey, @SwiftyAir! There are a few things I noticed about your store that I think can be improved upon:

• feedback.jpg

I noticed a small spelling mistake on your homepage there. Not a huge deal but if spotted by a visitor, it can be a clunky experience that may make your brand come across as unprofessional.

• feedback2.jpg

It's not necessary to have a 'Home' menu item in navigation as the vast majority of users with experience online subconsciously use the logo to take them back to the homepage on both mobile and desktop. You'll notice some of the largest brands in the world (Nike, Starbucks, McDonalds) do not use a 'Home' in their navigation. In addition, you've done a great job breaking out your products into organized categories. There is no need to have a generic 'Catalog' collection that showcases all your products. Site organization is key, you want to prevent users from having a negative experience trying to sift through an assortment of products.

As far as checkouts occur, can you share your online store conversion rate card (Admin > Online Store > Analytics > Dashboard)? That will give us some insight as to where the drop-offs are occurring. Additionally, I did notice you are giving away free earbuds and the customer pays shipping. It's entirely possible visitors are not willing to pay $10+ to receive the product. In which case you will want to decide if the marketing campaign should be shut down or if your margins can handle it, lower the cost of shipping.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SwiftyAir
Excursionist
13 0 1

I greatly appreciate your post and definitely see a lot of your points. For my conversation rate here it is:

SwiftyAir_0-1623185966420.png

As you can see a lot 30% are reaching reached checkout yet no one is.