Ive been running ads for 2 days I get around 25 people a day they view my product but that is it, how do I convert them to sales? any suggestions with my website?
I've taken a look at your store and have a few suggestions that you can consider:
Optimize your About Us page: One thing I noticed about your store is that there isn't much information for visitors on what your store is about, and the story behind it. I see that there's a little snippet within your About Us page, which is a great start! Though there is definitely more that can be unpacked about your store, in order to connect more with your audience. Creating an About Us page that tells your brand's story or mission is key in introducing your business to prospective customers. It will give you the opportunity to showcase more of what your brand is about, beyond the products, and therefore allows prospective customers to learn and connect more with a brand that they potentially align with. The About Us page of a business tends to be an aspect that gets overlooked, but it's really worthwhile to spend some time in creating one for your store. Check out our handy guide here to help you create your About Us page.
Create a homepage that captivates visitors: Your homepage should give visitors a snippet of what your store is about and what you sell, as well as entice your visitors to browse around, much like a window display is to a retail store. Perhaps think about how you can promote a featured product through the use of an eye-catching imagery, in order to draw in your visitor’s attention immediately as they arrive on your website. You can also think about implementing a call to action on your homepage, to point out the direction that you'd like visitors to take when browsing on your store. Take a look at our homepage design blog here if you need some tips and tricks on homepage design.
Remove the Powered by Shopify text: I noticed that you still have this text within the footer of your store. I highly suggest removing this text, as it will allow your store to appear more professional overall. It might seem like a minuscule detail to remove, but the text can draw attention away from your brand and can potentially also distract visitors. This text also links directly to our Shopify website, so this poses as a potential increase to your website's bounce rate, as customers may leave your site and not come back, should they click on this text.
Add more product photos: I really like the simple and clean product photographs that you've included within your store. Customers are able to easily and clearly see the products and also have the option to zoom-in, which is a handy feature to have. It might also be worth to include more images to your products, as I see that there's only one image for each product at the moment. Including more images will give prospective customers confidence in the products that they are looking to purchase. You can also think about including images that are styled on a model, or a mannequin, as a live body helps a customer relate to your product and make clothing come to life. You can read more about clothing photography on our Shopify blog here.
Overall I think you've done a good job with your store so far, so well done!
In terms of your store's marketing, where are you advertising and what strategies have you put in place? I'd be happy to provide more detailed feedback in regards to advertising once I hear more about your current strategies.
This is PageFly - Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendations for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.
I like how you have:
- Have a clear and CTA button on the banner
- Have clear Shipping and Refund information
Since you have run your ads for 2 days and haven't got sales yet, I'd recommend you check your ad copy & also the landing page: Is the ad copy matching with the landing page content? Do the landing page tells the audience what you've mentioned on the ads? Besides, check your ads audience if they are actually who you want to sell the products to.
In terms of the store design itself, I have some recommendations as below:
- Add favicon to your store: Having a favicon for your store will make your store stand out and help customers easily recognize it from other tabs in their browser. You can check this article to know how to add it https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/images/add-favicon
-Have an announcement bar: the announcement bar can announce the information about shipping and discount or any promotion campaign of your store. I see that you have 14-day free return
- Offer a benefit for someone who subscribes: when someone clicks on your ads, it means they have an interest, for any reason that they haven't bought yet, you may ask them to subscribe to get a benefit, for example: exclusive discount, gifts or something.
- Add secondary hover image for the product list: By presenting secondary hover images, customers can easily scan many products to see extra visual information, then you'd have more chances to impress them (I personally hope to have a closer look at the text and the fabric)
- Add a section about testimonials and a section about your brand story: it will increase the brand credibility
Take this one as an example https://interstellar1969.com/products/do-you-see-it-1
- About the URL: I recommend you added keyword 'shirt', I will help Google recognize your product
- Have more images for your product (at least 2-4 more images): Product images are essential elements for users to judge products- if products do not display enough images, users will not be able to get a full sense of products and will be reluctant to purchase. If possible, it would be nice if you have image of a model wears the shirt, then write down model's height & weight with their size. It would help so much for the visitors.
Or this one https://interstellar1969.com/products/truth-has-to-be-told-2 I can't hardly see the front pocket and you mentioned self-fabric patch on the back, but you don't provide any image for the back of the shirt:
- Buy now button is almost invisible from the background
- I think what you can do now is to personalize the product pages a little bit more as the unique selling points aren't standing out. A different layout can bring a good impact, more tips for updating the product page can be found here https://pagefly.link/mvEbsRGE
I want to introduce our app, PageFly Page Builder, as we has a Free plan where you can use all features and create different page types, you may try to update 1 product page and see how it goes.
- I don't know if you have anyone who adds to cart yet but there's another issue of the checkout button
Also, too many button here can confuse the shoppers, you may say that there're options to pay with ShopPay, PayPal & GPay and they can do that at checkout
One last suggestion: you may test a limited time offer discount / free shipping for any order campaign to create a sense of urgency or free wrapping as people are starting buying gifts for their family & friends now.
Above are my suggestions, I hope they will help you to get sales very soon. If you find my comments useful, please let me know by giving me a Like.
Thank you so much and I wish you the best of luck!
P/S: In case you wonder what PageFly can do for you in this holiday season, let's check this out.
Hi @shwean, here are some of my suggestions after checking your store.
- Recommend you create your own logo. You can use "Hatchful by Shopify" for free
- Make a Quick link section at the bottom of your page to display in a separate line
- On the product page, recommend you change background color of Add to cart button to draw attention to it. Add trust badge below Add to cart button. Also, try to add a product review app to collect reviews, because reviews can drive traffic, boost SEO, increase sales, and provide visitors purchasing decisions. Here are some review apps you can try for free: Ryviu, Loox, Yotpo...
Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.
Add a Favicon which helps to find your store when customer had multiple tabs in their browser.
Add a nice logo which gives Identity and also it separates you from the competition.
Increase the Size of hero banner, as it gives first impression when customer lands on the Homepage.
Add testimonials or reviews on the homepage to build trust with the visitors.
Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.
Consider promoting your products on other social platforms and provide those social links on the footer section.
Make social links open on new tab.
Organize quick links on the footer section.
You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store which helps to increase your sales.
There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.
There is no customer review option on the products. Install Product review app from the Shopify app store, so that customer can write a review when they purchase any product from your store.
You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more, if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.
I think you should add a little backstory about your products to the homepage. Also the material composition and images up close of what the items look like so people can get an idea before buying them. Are they amazing quality or are they cheap? No one will know unless you include this info on your site. <-- On the homepage and product page would be nice
We're all happy to help, @shwean. I'm glad to see you were able to get a range of different feedback and perspectives here for your store!