I would love some help

Jeffrey_Mankin
2 0 1

My store is 7 years old and i get very few sales. I also use the shopify POS and do large numbers on that platform but those sales are physical sales inside my retail location. I have great reviews (minus i think 5) I know my site needs a lot of work to be pretty but i don't believe that is where the problem is. I get less than 200 hits on the site a day. I have 3200 on both FAcebook and Instagram and a retail site for almost 6 years.  A few months back, summer time i was getting a 250,000 hits on my google pages, although that number is now down.

I own a holistic and Gem shop

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

www.highhogems.com

Jeff

Replies 5 (5)
DanSP
Shopify Partner
172 14 45

Hi @Jeffrey_Mankin, after taking a look at your store, here are some of our suggestions may you concerned:

• Design your own logo, you can use this free application of Shopify: https://hatchful.shopify.com/
  • Add favicon for your store
  • Don't add all menus to your main menu
  • Add call to action on your homepage banners
  • Add thumbnail image for your Classroom category
  • Make your Add to car button bigger and change the background color (don't use the same color with other buttons to draw attention to it).
  • Add a trust badge below Add to cart button
  • You can use Klaviyo for Email & SMS Marketing Automation.

Hope this helps!

Dan from Ryviu - Product Reviews

Dan from Ryviu
hori_tran
Shopify Partner
171 19 66

HI @Jeffrey_Mankin ,

It depends on your current situation. If you need to get traffic/sales quickly as a new store, invest in Google/Facebook ads. I have learned from my own experience that in order to run Ads effectively, you also need to do some good research with SEO first. By doing SEO, you'll understand what are the most effective keywords from organic traffic and also, customer behavior on your website. Then you can optimize your ads with SEO insights and improve your on-site elements to boost conversion. If you're a fresh website starting out, my advice would be to invest 80% on ads and 20% on SEO. At first, you need to prioritize ads for sales but please, never miss out on SEO because it helps you grow your online presence for the long term and attract a sustainable amount of traffic to your web. By the way, there's no need to hire a costly SEO expert as there are some free and effective SEO apps that offer good service in my opinion, (I've been using this one for over a year: https://bit.ly/2YxoOYC) Just my personal recommendations as a fellow store owner. Hope it helps

PS: Here are some tips that help improve your store to get more traffic and sale

- Change your menu bar. Make it clear and good-looking. Should have:

+ Home

+ Shop (your products)

+ Service (include polished, gift card,...)

+ best seller

hori_tran_0-1637118062584.png

- The slide banner with great visuals with your products and the "call to action" button. the slide banner should show the benefits of your products ( you can choose the best sellers to describe), your events, your discounts (Black Friday is coming, right?)

In addition, You should design the horizontal slide banner.

hori_tran_1-1637118300031.png

You can go through this site to get ideas: https://packagefreeshop.com/

- Show promotion and a great shipping policy on the top
- add realistic product images
- make videos to attract customers and increase time on site
- pop up chat and discount pop up
-  Add reviews for each product (some Shopify review apps can help) and a lower price next to the original one or to attract customers (on both the homepage and the product page)

hori_tran_2-1637118663027.png

- And don't forget to add JSON LD to your site to display your reviews on Google search by SEO app. (This SEO app can help: https://bit.ly/2YxoOYC)
- SEO: your mobile version is not good. Heading tags, Meta tags, keywords are not optimized. To handle this I usually use the above SEO app.

Note: SEO is crucial, as it affects your traffic from google

- Add Google Analytics to track customers visiting your site
- lacking favicon

- Footer: add factors that make your customer trust, such as:

+ add your social media

+ "Our Company": About Us, Contact Us, Terms Of Service, Privacy Policy, DMCA Request

+ "Help Center": Size Charts, Payment Methods, Cancellation & Modification, Shipping, Delivery, Track Your Order, Returns and Refunds, FAQs

+ "Get In Touch": mail, support time, warehouse,...

hori_tran_3-1637118755828.png

- One thing I noticed while on your website, was that you have Powered by Shopify in your footer. here is how you can remove that:
Step 1. Navigate to your Online Store > Themes section of your admin.
Step 2. In the Action drop-down menu next to your current theme, select Edit Languages.
Step 3. In the Search Translations bar next to Filter please type in "power".
Step 4. Under Powered by Shopify, in the text bar, just put in a single space. This will erase the Powered by Shopify.
In the top right corner, select Save.

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Thank you and have a nice work!!!
Jeffrey_Mankin
2 0 1

I have fixed the powered by, that was an easy fix, i'll look into the rest, thank you so much

Jeff

waytoapps
Navigator
483 41 196

Hello @Jeffrey_Mankin 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

• Add a Favicon, which helps to find your store when customer had multiple tabs in their browser.
  • Organize header section as it is huge, move few options to the footer section and remaining adjust with dropdown menu.
  • Make a Sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customer to access menu at any time they want.
  • Expand hero banner to a full width and add Shop Now(CTA) button on it. On the hero banner customer should be able to click on CTA button to navigate to the collection page/Product page.
  • As there is separate Contact us page, you can remove store hours and location details from the footer section and simply provide 'Contact us' link.
  • Display testimonials/Reviews on the homepage.
  • Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.
  • Highlight  social Icons on the footer section.
  • Make social links open on new tab.
  • You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.
  • There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.
  • You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.
Thanks,
Waytoapps
PageFly
Shopify Partner
1959 272 1453

Hi  @Jeffrey_Mankin

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for over 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

Congratulations on your store! After looking at your website, I have some feedback for your Store and hope that they can help you increase sales.

1. What I like about your store are

• Drop down menu allows customers to easily have general information about your products.
  • Having reviews makes your customers trust your website.
  • Your products images are of high quality which will help your customers have a better vision about the products. 

2. Recommendations

2.1. A hero banner should be displayed on Homepage

Its most crucial feature is that it captures a visitor's attention right away. Having a high-resolution image on your website is a fantastic method to persuade visitors to investigate your site further since people respond positively to visual material.

Moreover, including a CTA button on your banner can help you boost your conversion rate. I will take our Hero banner from Business template as an example

PageFly_0-1637919834030.png

2.2. Make prices being displayed more outstanding

Customers adore bargains. It's a smart decision to feature pricing on HomePage since it saves both clients and you time by avoiding awkward budget concerns. As a result, it would be fantastic if the pricing were attractive to clients. In addition, the calls to action act as a transition between the different stages of the buyer's journey. They tell the user what to do next and encourage them to act right away. 

PageFly_1-1637919834187.png

I will take our Valentine sales Template as an example for this: 

PageFly_2-1637919834296.png

2.3. Add Core Brand information

Promotional banners are useful, but if they were divided into larger sections, they would be more enticing to buyers. Buyers are frequently interested in any additional benefits that may be available. Especially in Holiday season, a Holiday template would be a good way to arrest their attention. 

PageFly_3-1637919833897.png

Free shipping, return policies, and any warranty or guarantee information may all help to improve users' opinions of a site or brand by ensuring them that it is reliable. The Homepage is a good place to highlight such regulations in an easy-to-understand way. Such information, which is on many users' minds, can help build trust and encourage people to explore the site further. Our Sparkling template may help you in this busy Holiday season.

PageFly_4-1637919833892.png

2.4 Add product core features

Customers are sometimes more concerned with unique selling attributes than with price. It's important to display aspects that could be highlighted on the site. Before committing to investigating things, shoppers may have a better knowledge of the brand's most significant attributes. With your products, you add this kind of information to let customers know how your rocks can help them, where they are from, and some unique selling points...

Last but not least, here are my other recommendations for you, feel free to consider them applied to your store:

• Add Testimonials section: Your message is quickly magnified to its greatest potential when you mix client testimonials with other effective marketing methods.

The Holiday season is coming with many important days. We bet you are all super busy planning to improve your store on store design, boost site speed, marketing strategies, and promotions to boost sales for your stores in this BFCM season. To refer more templates for Holiday season, you can refer ours here. Let’s prepare for a selling season. 

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.