Image size issue: Desktop vs Mobile

PeacefieldTitan
1 0 0

Hello everyone. I am learning alot about my shopify store however I am concerned that I do not get as much conversion as I could, because of the size of my home page images. On a desktop they seem huge and you have to scroll too far to get to my products. I think it looks good on a mobile device. Is there anyway I can change this while keeping my existing theme?

Www.peacefieldtitanium.com 

Thank you in advance for any help or advice.

Effie

Replies 2 (2)
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
3802 753 792

I checked and because your slideshow image has a picture number 2 with the size of a very large square:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0260/6101/3080/files/4.png?v=1612961575( 2700x2700 )

Please upload them all to the standard size as shown in the first slideshow( 1920x1080 ), it will display fine on desktop. or if you still find it too large, you can reduce the height of the image to size 1920x720. All display depends on the size of the image you upload. Hope it helps!

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Have not had your Shopify store yet? Start the 14-day free trial HERE
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Try our FREE DEMO now!
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey Effie (@PeacefieldTitan),

You are absolutely correct. Oversized images are troublesome for a variety reasons. Here are 2 of the most important:

STORE SPEED
Large images are one of the most common reasons for slow store speed. 
Why is store speed important? Because the longer your website takes to load, the more potential customers you loose. Even with a load time of three seconds you loose 10% of your potential customers. We did a video all about how to run a speed test as well as how to find your issues:

ABOVE THE FOLD
There is a term “Above the Fold” which is essentially everything a visitor sees before they scroll. This area is prime real estate for your store and should be used wisely. 

Right now, the entirety of this is taken over by your large homepage images, I cannot see any products. I’d highly recommend condensing this area to give more room for things that will give you what you desire - sales.

FIX
To fix this (and keep your theme) I would recommend hiring a Shopify Expert. I recommend going with an expert specifically because you can see and read reviews and also filter by location and price point to get exactly who you want.

Also, although images can be part of the problem, other common reasons for high traffic and no sales are: you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook