Import Alibaba reviews

Fabian_weldon
Pathfinder
131 0 26

I have recently launched my own shopify store and have a query regarding reviews. Reviews are obviously an important part of a site but as a new sight i haven't sold any units yet and so have no reviews. 

Is it a good idea to import manufacturer reviews (alibaba)? Is this ok even though my products are personalised as my brands own?

Thanks in advance

Replies 3 (3)
Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
853 34 340

Hey!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

You certainly do have the option to import reviews from Alibaba or Aliexpress but whether or not you should very much depends on the reviews themselves. I often find on sites like that, they don't have quality reviews. It can be obvious where you imported them from which is an issue when you're trying to build a strong brand of your own.

It might be better to give people an incentive to leave reviews on your site. The app I use on my site is Loox Photo Reviews. The app emails customers 14 days after the order to request the review. It's possible to edit the duration.

Social Proof is important as part of your marketing strategy but reviews are not the only option. Growing your Social Media following is important too and this is something you can start on right away. We have free Social Media marketing courses on Shopify Compass. Make sure you also check out our post on the 30/30/30 approach to Social Media Marketing. It's important to ensure you're posting valuable content and not just spamming people with your products which is likely to result in a loss of followers.

It's worth considering creating a micro-influencer affiliate program. Having brand ambassadors can help build trust in your business. We have affiliate marketing apps to help with this.

You can find more social proof ideas in this blog post.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DanBim
Shopify Partner
362 34 87

@Fabian_weldon Ryviu - Product Review app allows you to import reviews from Aliexpress, Amazon, Etsy, and DHgate 

- Want a reviews app? Ryviu - Aliexpress Reviews app - is a review app, with features to import reviews from Aliexpress, Amazon, Etsy and Dhgate. Trusted by over 40.000+ merchants.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Fabian_weldon, yes you can import the reviews. Make sure you have an app to import reviews. You can use the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion to import reviews in your store. 

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.