Is my product too niche? Augmented Reality Art Prints

Is my product too niche? Augmented Reality Art Prints

jmaldonado
Visitor
2 0 1

I've just launched www.acidprints.xyz—we combine physical posters with AR to make art prints that come alive when you scan them with Instagram. It's like bringing a bit of the future into home and office decor.

But, I'm hitting a bit of a wall trying to get the first sale and really get the word out. Wondering if my product might be too niche? or if there's anything I should change about my site?

Any advice on my site, marketing or product is appreciated!

Thanks!

acid_print_image_demo.jpg

Replies 4 (4)

Oldfire
Shopify Partner
21 2 1

The creativity is laudable. I think that you're too early to the market though, as there aren't many opportunities for the customers to extract value from your product at this stage (which is the animated part). My take is that find a few customers that want to give you money for it, and understand why they bought it, then find more people exactly like that. Being too niche isn't the problem as long as there are enough people for whom this is valuable.

jmaldonado
Visitor
2 0 1

Thank you for the thoughtful response!

PageFly-Kate
Shopify Partner
1204 346 361

Hi @jmaldonado,

This is Kate at PageFly - Shopify Advanced Page Builder app

First, your store looks stunning, and I can tell you've put in a lot of effort. I understand that experiencing low sales can be frustrating. From my CRO expertise, I’d love to give you my suggestions as hereby:

1. Improve Hero Section

PageFlyKate_0-1710478529470.png

It would be better to increase the hero section size and make it full in one fold. It means the visitor will not see the top of the video in this section. The main point of this section is to boost the conversion rate through the CTA button. Thus, showing a piece of video would help little in achieving it. 

2. Auto-Playing Video

PageFlyKate_1-1710478530092.png

Visitors now have to click on the button for the video to play, which is not as attractive as an automatically playing video. The autoplay attribute ensures a smooth and user-friendly experience – your users don’t need to interrupt their browsing of a product to click a "play" button somewhere off to the side.

3. Improve Hierarchy Typography

PageFlyKate_2-1710478529985.png

Currently, the only difference between your headlines and text is their text size. I suggest that you make changes to the type font, color, or format (capitalization or normal case).  make the design more visually appealing and easier to navigate. This allows readers to scan quickly for relevant information.

4. Utilize Instagram Feed For Review

Since it takes an Instagram filter to make your art come alive, it is reasonable to run a marketing campaign on Instagram. For instance, you can give discounts to customers when they upload a video showcasing your products on Instagram. Next, utilize some Instagram Feed apps such as VIBE Shoppable Instagram Feed, InstaFeed, and Instagram Feed Instafeed RPTR  to extract customer videos from Instagram to your Shopify homepage as reviews. 

I hope that my suggestions will be helpful for you.

Best regards,

Kate | PageFly Team

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

➜ Optimize your Shopify store with PageFly Page Builder (Free plan available) 
➜ Weekly updated Shopify tutorials on YouTube 

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

Neha-Bitqit
Shopify Partner
2049 124 440

The default search landing page is a bit off, I mean it's empty. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solutions. Other significant observations for store optimization are as follows:

1. Add a Contact Us page, add email address, phone number, and contact form for the visitors.
  2. Try reducing the size of your logo, it takes up a lot of space and thus makes the home page less user-friendly.
  3. Make sure your social media pages open at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.
  4. You should add terms and conditions and FAQs if any, again these also help in building search engine content.
  5. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts, and add a referral code that can help the first-time user gain a discount on the second order.
  6. Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high-intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope you find these suggestions helpful in enhancing your store's performance and providing an improved experience for your customers.

Best
Neha - Shopify Partner

Bitqit is a complete web solutions company that can fulfill all of your web design and development needs. Store setup for the startup, Custom theme and Shopify app development, 3rd party API Integration, Custom Payment Gateway, Theme setup, and customization are the major services that are provided by them. Following are our apps, 1. Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. 2. Bodt gives brain to your website with AI-Chatbot powered by ChatGPT that knows your business and converses with your users. 3. TrackOrder It allows shop owners to create a custom order tracking page for their customers