Is my store looks professional and trustworthy enough?

Solved
cutprise
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi, 

When you check my store https://cutprise.com, do you feel safe to buy into this store? If not, what do you think i need to take an effort to add or improve to this store?

Any feedback would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Allan

Accepted Solutions (4)

Accepted Solutions
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
318 64 194

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @cutprise!  

Welcome to Shopify! Those are great questions, and you’ve come to the right place for feedback. You’ve put in a lot of effort, work and time into making the store what it is today, and it can only get better.

Focus on your branding
Right now, your brand is Cut Prise Reasonable Click. What is that? Not all brands need to be overly clear what it is (as such with my company, Lucky Orange). However, when combined with your main navigation in particular, there’s no way to tell what you sell. Think about that first experience someone has with your brand. If they can’t tell what you’re selling from their first impression, you’re not going to succeed here. Will someone think of pet products with your brand?

Speaking of the first impression…

I’m sure you’re thinking, “But look! I featured products on my homepage!” This is where a hero image (note: singular) would benefit you. Because your products are for pets, you have easy models to work with. Make sure it’s highlighting a product with an attractive tagline and a CTA button. 

Is there a translation issue?
I’m seeing a mix of English and another language. Things like Konto, Salg, and Vis alle aren’t translating. The price also isn’t updating. This mix is going to make it harder for your visitors to want to continue through the funnel. 

Analyze your homepage layout
Your homepage showcases your products, but that isn’t really the purpose for your homepage. Your homepage is typically the first step in the funnel. Visitors are trying to see what you’re selling and if they want to continue. This is where a strong hero image and messaging comes into play, especially early on the page.

Heatmaps would be helpful here. Use a scroll heatmap to see how far people scroll, which helps you analyze what information they are missing. Next, use a click heatmap to see where people are clicking. Instead of diving into products, I would feature your collections as a whole and maybe consider showcasing “Trending” or “Bestsellers.” 

Maximize that main navigation

If there was a weak point on your store, it’s your main navigation. You have to do more here! Since you have a live site, watch session recordings (which capture everything someone did on your website) to see how people are moving around. Do they use your main navigation?

I would do this: Home | For Cats | For Dogs | Last Chance | Contact.

After you modify it, keep on analyzing those session recordings. 

Don’t forget that footer! 

• Add value to your newsletter. Remember that people aren’t sure if they want to buy from you, so you’ll have to work harder to make them want to sign up for your emails. What do they get? A discount? Tell them!
  • Remove the phone number field from your contact form. It has a high abandonment rate. 

Make it easier to order
For reference, I’m on the Chest Hardness page.

First, tips:

• Don’t leave shipping costs for the checkout. Visitors want that upfront rather than buried.
  • Add in reviews

Next, I have to bring up confusion:

1. LED Luminating dog chest harness strap vest with safety reflect best for Husky shepherd Labrador” - Why specify dog breeds here? 
  2. Sizing chart: Can you add examples of dog breeds for each size? Obviously they still need to measure their dogs, but a general idea of what a specific dog breed tends to fit in a specific size would be helpful. 
  3. “** Add 5cm from your measurements.” - Why do visitors need to add 5cm from their measurements? If that’s a sizing issue, you need to remake the sizing chart to reflect that. Right now it adds more confusion than it helps. 

Translation issues aside, visitor behavior would be helpful here. You’re going to see where visitors are getting tripped up and find ways to make their experience even better. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps, Allan. Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View solution in original post

Marty
Shopify Staff
439 67 87

Hi, @cutprise.

Thank you for your message, I would be happy to offer you some feedback on your shop. I really enjoyed looking through your shop, it looks like you are offering some really great products. It also looks like you already have some great suggestions from @LuckyDanny here. That said, the first thing I noticed was your logo was a bit blurry, I would recommend referencing our Uploading images guide, to ensure you are uploading your images as per our requirements for best quality. 

In keeping with your photo resolution/aspect ratio, some of your product photos are different sizes on your homepage: 

I recommend referencing our product photo information on the same guide shared above to ensure your product photos are uniform across your homepage and entire shop for aesthetic purposes. If you are using a third-party theme, you may want to reach out to your theme developer to ensure they do not have different image aspect ratios or resolution requirements for optimal photo quality on their themes.

Next, I really like how you have included an About us section in the footer of your shop, this is a great way for customers to get to know your brand better. That said, I would recommend two things, expanding the About section to give more detail into your story and brand and also additionally adding your about page to your store main menu:

We have a great guide that talks about writing an affecting About section, that you can check out here if you are interested in investigating this further.

Another idea for your shop would be to add an Announcement banner to your store. You could add a banner to highlight the following information:

• any shipping delays or regions not accepting international shipments
  • any updated or new policy pages
  • any promotions being offered at this time, such as new gift cards

If you are using a Shopify theme, your theme by default may have an Announcement banner. We have a guide on adding an announcement banner to your store here if you wanted to look into this potential further. If you are using a third-party theme, you may not have this available automatically, in that case, you can always look into a third-party application that can add a banner for you, some examples are:

- Quick Announcement Bar

- Bannerfly

In regards to wanting your customers to feel safe when buying from your store, I would recommend checking out this fantastic article. It talks about 39 ways to ensure your store is trustworthy for your potential customers, it's full of great information and resources you can utilize. 

I hope some of this information helps you out moving forward, please feel free to reach back out here with any questions you may have!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4015 242 733

Hello @cutpriseThis is AiTrillion- an all-in-one integrated marketing platform on Shopify. We are happy to help more than 100k+ Shopify merchants and would love to provide a solution to your questions:

- Add a banner image with a call to action button on the banner image of the homepage. 

- Add a review carousel on the homepage. It helps building trust with other visitors.

Add an announcement bar with a call to action button on it to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on & make them take action from it.

- Add a review section on the homepage as 83% of people read reviews before making a purchase. 

You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

- Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.

To add the above marketing engagement tools to optimize the conversions of your store there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

PageFly
Shopify Partner
1950 271 1433

Hi @cutprise

Your store looks great! I can see all the hard work you have put into the store’s appearance. Here I want to add more details to help you make the store perfect and increase conversion rate:

1, Add hero banner as the first section of your website to attract as much customer’s attention as possible. You can refer to our pre-made design here as an example

PageFly_0-1631853934726.png

2, Add secondary hover image for the products to give customers a better understanding of your products without the need to redirect to product page

PageFly_1-1631853934455.png

3, Add Featured Product to your home page to promote your best-selling products. You can also add countdown element to increase scarcity.

PageFly_2-1631853934777.png

4, Use Color Swatch for color variants to make your product page looks user-friendly and professional

PageFly_3-1631853934431.png

5, Make the product description horizontal to avoid unnecessary blank space

PageFly_4-1631853934589.png

The templates above can be used easily on PageFly page builder, even with a free account. You can take a look at our template gallery to choose what suits you the most.

For guidance in running a business online, you can take a look at our Academy to get instruction from our top e-commerce experts in increasing store’s conversion rates

Hope your business is successful and gains more sales everyday!

Cheers!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Replies 10 (10)
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
318 64 194

Hey there, @cutprise!  

Welcome to Shopify! Those are great questions, and you’ve come to the right place for feedback. You’ve put in a lot of effort, work and time into making the store what it is today, and it can only get better.

Focus on your branding
Right now, your brand is Cut Prise Reasonable Click. What is that? Not all brands need to be overly clear what it is (as such with my company, Lucky Orange). However, when combined with your main navigation in particular, there’s no way to tell what you sell. Think about that first experience someone has with your brand. If they can’t tell what you’re selling from their first impression, you’re not going to succeed here. Will someone think of pet products with your brand?

Speaking of the first impression…

I’m sure you’re thinking, “But look! I featured products on my homepage!” This is where a hero image (note: singular) would benefit you. Because your products are for pets, you have easy models to work with. Make sure it’s highlighting a product with an attractive tagline and a CTA button. 

Is there a translation issue?
I’m seeing a mix of English and another language. Things like Konto, Salg, and Vis alle aren’t translating. The price also isn’t updating. This mix is going to make it harder for your visitors to want to continue through the funnel. 

Analyze your homepage layout
Your homepage showcases your products, but that isn’t really the purpose for your homepage. Your homepage is typically the first step in the funnel. Visitors are trying to see what you’re selling and if they want to continue. This is where a strong hero image and messaging comes into play, especially early on the page.

Heatmaps would be helpful here. Use a scroll heatmap to see how far people scroll, which helps you analyze what information they are missing. Next, use a click heatmap to see where people are clicking. Instead of diving into products, I would feature your collections as a whole and maybe consider showcasing “Trending” or “Bestsellers.” 

Maximize that main navigation

If there was a weak point on your store, it’s your main navigation. You have to do more here! Since you have a live site, watch session recordings (which capture everything someone did on your website) to see how people are moving around. Do they use your main navigation?

I would do this: Home | For Cats | For Dogs | Last Chance | Contact.

After you modify it, keep on analyzing those session recordings. 

Don’t forget that footer! 

• Add value to your newsletter. Remember that people aren’t sure if they want to buy from you, so you’ll have to work harder to make them want to sign up for your emails. What do they get? A discount? Tell them!
  • Remove the phone number field from your contact form. It has a high abandonment rate. 

Make it easier to order
For reference, I’m on the Chest Hardness page.

First, tips:

• Don’t leave shipping costs for the checkout. Visitors want that upfront rather than buried.
  • Add in reviews

Next, I have to bring up confusion:

1. LED Luminating dog chest harness strap vest with safety reflect best for Husky shepherd Labrador” - Why specify dog breeds here? 
  2. Sizing chart: Can you add examples of dog breeds for each size? Obviously they still need to measure their dogs, but a general idea of what a specific dog breed tends to fit in a specific size would be helpful. 
  3. “** Add 5cm from your measurements.” - Why do visitors need to add 5cm from their measurements? If that’s a sizing issue, you need to remake the sizing chart to reflect that. Right now it adds more confusion than it helps. 

Translation issues aside, visitor behavior would be helpful here. You’re going to see where visitors are getting tripped up and find ways to make their experience even better. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps, Allan. Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Marty
Shopify Staff
439 67 87

Hi, @cutprise.

Thank you for your message, I would be happy to offer you some feedback on your shop. I really enjoyed looking through your shop, it looks like you are offering some really great products. It also looks like you already have some great suggestions from @LuckyDanny here. That said, the first thing I noticed was your logo was a bit blurry, I would recommend referencing our Uploading images guide, to ensure you are uploading your images as per our requirements for best quality. 

In keeping with your photo resolution/aspect ratio, some of your product photos are different sizes on your homepage: 

I recommend referencing our product photo information on the same guide shared above to ensure your product photos are uniform across your homepage and entire shop for aesthetic purposes. If you are using a third-party theme, you may want to reach out to your theme developer to ensure they do not have different image aspect ratios or resolution requirements for optimal photo quality on their themes.

Next, I really like how you have included an About us section in the footer of your shop, this is a great way for customers to get to know your brand better. That said, I would recommend two things, expanding the About section to give more detail into your story and brand and also additionally adding your about page to your store main menu:

We have a great guide that talks about writing an affecting About section, that you can check out here if you are interested in investigating this further.

Another idea for your shop would be to add an Announcement banner to your store. You could add a banner to highlight the following information:

• any shipping delays or regions not accepting international shipments
  • any updated or new policy pages
  • any promotions being offered at this time, such as new gift cards

If you are using a Shopify theme, your theme by default may have an Announcement banner. We have a guide on adding an announcement banner to your store here if you wanted to look into this potential further. If you are using a third-party theme, you may not have this available automatically, in that case, you can always look into a third-party application that can add a banner for you, some examples are:

- Quick Announcement Bar

- Bannerfly

In regards to wanting your customers to feel safe when buying from your store, I would recommend checking out this fantastic article. It talks about 39 ways to ensure your store is trustworthy for your potential customers, it's full of great information and resources you can utilize. 

I hope some of this information helps you out moving forward, please feel free to reach back out here with any questions you may have!

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4015 242 733

Hello @cutpriseThis is AiTrillion- an all-in-one integrated marketing platform on Shopify. We are happy to help more than 100k+ Shopify merchants and would love to provide a solution to your questions:

- Add a banner image with a call to action button on the banner image of the homepage. 

- Add a review carousel on the homepage. It helps building trust with other visitors.

Add an announcement bar with a call to action button on it to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on & make them take action from it.

- Add a review section on the homepage as 83% of people read reviews before making a purchase. 

You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

- Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.

To add the above marketing engagement tools to optimize the conversions of your store there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions.

Hope this helps!

Growave
Shopify Partner
1128 38 392

Hi @cutprise 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. I would recommend you consider using more eCommerce marketing tools in order to increase your sales and drive traffic. I hope my recommendations would help.

• Collect reviews

I strongly advise adding testimonials/reviews to products for building customer trust and social proof. Let your customers leave a photo or text review and be reminded whenever you prefer.

• Implement Social Login

It provides easier access to a customer's account and enables creating an account within one click through social media account. You can let customers log in using their Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yahoo, Tumblr, Instagram, or Amazon accounts. 

• Add Wishlist

It reduces shopping cart abandonment and fulfills sales from customers who showed intent but didn't purchase. If the items on the Wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

• Loyalty and Reward program 

It allows you to strengthen the customer relationship, increase repeat purchases and turn your customers into loyal advocates. You can include 1. points, 2. referral programs, and 3. VIP tiers. Motivate customers to spend more by rewarding them with points for leaving reviews, following on social media accounts, birthday gifts on their special days, etc. Attach referral links for your customers to share your products with friends and get rewarded for that. It will help you to gain more orders through existing customers. Also, keep your best customers engaged with VIP ranks and perks.

P.png

Test Growave during the free trial period to check whether it works for you. The app contains 5 efficient marketing features that will help you with sales and traffic such as Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, a shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
PageFly
Shopify Partner
1950 271 1433

Hi @cutprise

Your store looks great! I can see all the hard work you have put into the store’s appearance. Here I want to add more details to help you make the store perfect and increase conversion rate:

1, Add hero banner as the first section of your website to attract as much customer’s attention as possible. You can refer to our pre-made design here as an example

PageFly_0-1631853934726.png

2, Add secondary hover image for the products to give customers a better understanding of your products without the need to redirect to product page

PageFly_1-1631853934455.png

3, Add Featured Product to your home page to promote your best-selling products. You can also add countdown element to increase scarcity.

PageFly_2-1631853934777.png

4, Use Color Swatch for color variants to make your product page looks user-friendly and professional

PageFly_3-1631853934431.png

5, Make the product description horizontal to avoid unnecessary blank space

PageFly_4-1631853934589.png

The templates above can be used easily on PageFly page builder, even with a free account. You can take a look at our template gallery to choose what suits you the most.

For guidance in running a business online, you can take a look at our Academy to get instruction from our top e-commerce experts in increasing store’s conversion rates

Hope your business is successful and gains more sales everyday!

Cheers!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

cutprise
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi @LuckyDanny,

Thanks for the feedback.

I like your suggestion to change the menu layout. I've now implemented it.

I'm still working on translating the store to local language as much as possible, this is the reason why some are in English and in Norwegian.

I've still have a long way to rebuilt each of the product descriptions & the SEO. 

Thanks-Allan

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4015 242 733

@cutpriseI’m writing to follow up. 

Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? 

Did you get a chance to try the all-in-one marketing app AiTrillion? If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help or you can email our support at support@aitrillion.com

Reply Awaited!

Thanks

cutprise
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi @Marty ,

Thanks for your helpful feedback,

I've implemented some our your suggestions.

Changed the logo and the background, put profile picture to the collection "recommended by us" to make the aspect ration quite similar to others.

I'm still working to re write the about us (Om oss) based in the guide you provided and hope i can write it in Norwegian.

For announcement banner, I have it before but it reduces the speed score to low when i installed it and decided to remove it. Any advise on this?

Best regards and thanks, Allan

Marty
Shopify Staff
439 67 87

Hi, @cutprise.

It is good to hear from you, I am happy that some of my suggestions helped you out. In regards to the Announcement banner you were using causing speed issues with your store, this can certainly occur for a couple of reasons. Are you utilizing many third-party applications in your shop? if so, this may be an issue as too many applications can cause performances issues. That said, I would actually recommend reaching out to the developer of the Announcement banner app you were using to look into this issue further. If I developed an app and it was working slowly or causing site speed problems, I’d most likely want to hear about it so I could check into it. I would want to make sure there are no bugs on my end and try to see if there is a conflicting script from another application for example. It may be worth reaching out to the developers directly to take a closer look or offer you any suggestions moving forward. 

It may also be worth reviewing our Online store speed guide for further information and tips on improving your overall store speed. The reason I like sharing this specific guide in reference to optimizing store speed is that it breaks down both what you can control and what you cannot when it comes to site speed: 

I hope this further information helps you out, please let me know if you have any further questions, we are always happy to chat!