FROM CACHE - en_header

Is my website good/any suggestions?

Solved
Friendlyseller4
Tourist
5 0 2

I am a 14-year-old who is attempting to start a dropshipping business. The problem is that I have absolutely no marketing or designing experience. However, I have a plan, I will be posting my website and products on social media before my website officially launches. That way I will gather customers before actually starting to go all into the business. Which will make it easier for me to start the dropshipping process. As I said before though, I don't have much experience with marketing, so I am not sure how to successfully gather customers. Before worrying about that, however, I decided to ask you guys about how my website works, because what's the point of gathering customers if they wouldn't want to buy anything from a shitty-designed website? Give your honest opinions, if you can give marketing advice that would be nice as well. Things to keep in mind while reviewing: The website is not officially launched, and I still have to make a few updates, I will be adding a domain soon, and I will be adding an official video to the website. https://rino-c77e.myshopify.com/

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
MS_WEB_DESIGNER
Shopify Expert
650 49 126

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Friendlyseller4

I hope you are doing great. Welcome to Shopify Community!

I am Anni from MS Web Designer(https://www.mswebdesigner.com/) (Top Rated Shopify Certified Experts and eCommerce Consultant from Singapore). I evaluated your store and believe a few adjustments may be made to make it more professional and appealing to customers and will convert your buyer into visitors 

Here are some recommendations:

Homepage:

The homepage is the first landing page your customers will see after opening the website. It should be elegant and eye-catching. 

1. A favicon is required to readily locate your website.

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_0-1659952983184.png

2. The Logo is good but can be more attractive, a bit tiny in size, and properly aligned.

3. Banners & Branding -- The banner is quite important in hero material. It is the first thing that customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in the first 5 seconds. So we suggest adding a hero banner that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc.

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_1-1659952983438.png

4. Over All Text, Font, Paragraph, Alignment, Spacing, Padding, etc., to make it more elegant -- Make your store well-organized, neat, and visually appealing to the users.

5. Trust Badges is a significant feature on the homepage so that people will trust your store. Check an example of this:
MS_WEB_DESIGNER_2-1659952983447.png

6. Testimonials -- They add to the trust factor as when customers see what other buyers have to say about your products, it makes them sure about your brand.

7. Featured Collection -- Add all the top featured collections on the homepage so users know the type of products you're selling in your store.

8. Featured / Bestseller products -- Engage your customers by letting them know about the bestseller products on your store.

9. Footer Can be more attractive by including a social media link in the footer- Include links to your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram company accounts, as well as any other social media business pages.

Collection Pages:

1. Should have the collection banners in each collection/category pages

2. It should have a quick view feature so that people can check the product details quickly at a glance. This is what it looks like:

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_3-1659952983482.png

Product pages:

Product pages are very long, so people might get confused with Add to Cart and Buy Now buttons. You should have a solution for a sticky cart. Please check this 4‑in‑1 Sticky Add To Cart app, which will give you an easy answer for the Sticky Cart option.

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_4-1659952983525.png

Cart Page: 

This page is the best place where you can showcase your discount coupons to avoid abandoned cart issues. Please check this Coupon Discount on Cart app, which gives the best experience to your customers.

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_5-1659952983533.png

Checkout Page:

There is no checkbox for terms and conditions at the checkout. We recommend that you install a  Free app from the Shopify app store that says 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions before checkout.' Because it makes it simple for customers to understand your terms and rules.

Blogs:

Is there no blog page yet? Blogs may assist you to market your website and merchandise.

Speed Optimization
I have checked and found that the website's desktop speed is good but mobile speed can be much better.

Please check the report: https://pagespeed.web.dev/report?url=https%3A%2F%2Frino-c77e.myshopify.com%2F&form_factor=desktop

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_6-1659952983569.png

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_7-1659952983626.png

Speed optimization is required to increase sales and traffic. Also, if the speed is not good, it will hamper the SEO ranking of your store. 

Aside from these monitoring methods, make sure your business has the following:

1. Create a sense of urgency with countdown timer, ‘only 1 left’ features, and promotional banners highlighting ‘sale expiry’.
  2. Ensure your store speed is optimized. You can do this by checking your google page speed score. Minify codes that are redundant or apps that are slowing down the site speed.  Make your site mobile-friendly.
  3. Optimize your user experience with easy navigation, proper spacing, alignment, font, and color coordination.
  4. There needs to be strong color coordination among all the colors used in your store. Try to use the same or similar colors used in your logo throughout your store and in the social media business page banner or cover picture you create.
  5. Remove the ‘Powered by Shopify’ icon in the footer section to make your store look more professional.

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_8-1659952983633.png

In addition, here are some of the articles you can check. I believe these will be helpful for your online store:

Your Stores Getting Lots of Traffic but No Sales? Fix This Now - MS Web Designer Blog

10 Proven Steps that will Improve your Shopify Website Speed - MS Web Designer Blog

Please feel free to contact me for further queries.

Best regards
Anni 

MS Web Designer  | Top Rated Shopify Experts in Singapore
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1500+ Happy Clients

Want to Improve Shopify Store Speed, Redesign or custom changes, or Small tweaks on store hire me.Try Our Free Shopify App
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)
oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
12168 1885 2423

@Friendlyseller4 ,

Share the password.

Please Like and Accept Solution. Free website audit to grow your business Chat on WhatsApp | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Hire us | Expert Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development & Modifications any Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
SmallTask
Shopify Partner
502 24 31

Hello @Friendlyseller4 

Can you share your storefront password, so that I can check and help you?

Feel Free to Contact Us on WhatsApp | Email Us at info@instiqa.com
Develop Your Shopify Store with our Small Tasks, Shopify Custom Theme Development, and Shopify SEO Services.
Friendlyseller4
Tourist
5 0 2
Friendlyseller4
Tourist
5 0 2

https://nrtihkko0bjarvea-59302772781.shopifypreview.com here is the real link, i'm sorry. I accidentally put the wrong one.

Friendlyseller4
Tourist
5 0 2
Friendlyseller4
Tourist
5 0 2

Everyone, I apologize for posting without access, here is access to the store : https://nrtihkko0bjarvea-59302772781.shopifypreview.com/

Oladele
Shopify Partner
38 1 0

The website link has expired can you send the correct one so I can help you with the issue you are having?

Oladeleabdulganiy@gmail.com
Roller3
1 0 0

Helo 

How are you doing 

based on what you posted here about your store based on marketing and design 

it's a simple thing i can guide you through 

moreover marketing matter most in a store

kindly drop your feedback so we could discuss more

MS_WEB_DESIGNER
Shopify Expert
650 49 126

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Friendlyseller4

I hope you are doing great. Welcome to Shopify Community!

I am Anni from MS Web Designer(https://www.mswebdesigner.com/) (Top Rated Shopify Certified Experts and eCommerce Consultant from Singapore). I evaluated your store and believe a few adjustments may be made to make it more professional and appealing to customers and will convert your buyer into visitors 

Here are some recommendations:

Homepage:

The homepage is the first landing page your customers will see after opening the website. It should be elegant and eye-catching. 

1. A favicon is required to readily locate your website.

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_0-1659952983184.png

2. The Logo is good but can be more attractive, a bit tiny in size, and properly aligned.

3. Banners & Branding -- The banner is quite important in hero material. It is the first thing that customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in the first 5 seconds. So we suggest adding a hero banner that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc.

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_1-1659952983438.png

4. Over All Text, Font, Paragraph, Alignment, Spacing, Padding, etc., to make it more elegant -- Make your store well-organized, neat, and visually appealing to the users.

5. Trust Badges is a significant feature on the homepage so that people will trust your store. Check an example of this:
MS_WEB_DESIGNER_2-1659952983447.png

6. Testimonials -- They add to the trust factor as when customers see what other buyers have to say about your products, it makes them sure about your brand.

7. Featured Collection -- Add all the top featured collections on the homepage so users know the type of products you're selling in your store.

8. Featured / Bestseller products -- Engage your customers by letting them know about the bestseller products on your store.

9. Footer Can be more attractive by including a social media link in the footer- Include links to your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram company accounts, as well as any other social media business pages.

Collection Pages:

1. Should have the collection banners in each collection/category pages

2. It should have a quick view feature so that people can check the product details quickly at a glance. This is what it looks like:

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_3-1659952983482.png

Product pages:

Product pages are very long, so people might get confused with Add to Cart and Buy Now buttons. You should have a solution for a sticky cart. Please check this 4‑in‑1 Sticky Add To Cart app, which will give you an easy answer for the Sticky Cart option.

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_4-1659952983525.png

Cart Page: 

This page is the best place where you can showcase your discount coupons to avoid abandoned cart issues. Please check this Coupon Discount on Cart app, which gives the best experience to your customers.

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_5-1659952983533.png

Checkout Page:

There is no checkbox for terms and conditions at the checkout. We recommend that you install a  Free app from the Shopify app store that says 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions before checkout.' Because it makes it simple for customers to understand your terms and rules.

Blogs:

Is there no blog page yet? Blogs may assist you to market your website and merchandise.

Speed Optimization
I have checked and found that the website's desktop speed is good but mobile speed can be much better.

Please check the report: https://pagespeed.web.dev/report?url=https%3A%2F%2Frino-c77e.myshopify.com%2F&form_factor=desktop

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_6-1659952983569.png

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_7-1659952983626.png

Speed optimization is required to increase sales and traffic. Also, if the speed is not good, it will hamper the SEO ranking of your store. 

Aside from these monitoring methods, make sure your business has the following:

1. Create a sense of urgency with countdown timer, ‘only 1 left’ features, and promotional banners highlighting ‘sale expiry’.
  2. Ensure your store speed is optimized. You can do this by checking your google page speed score. Minify codes that are redundant or apps that are slowing down the site speed.  Make your site mobile-friendly.
  3. Optimize your user experience with easy navigation, proper spacing, alignment, font, and color coordination.
  4. There needs to be strong color coordination among all the colors used in your store. Try to use the same or similar colors used in your logo throughout your store and in the social media business page banner or cover picture you create.
  5. Remove the ‘Powered by Shopify’ icon in the footer section to make your store look more professional.

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_8-1659952983633.png

In addition, here are some of the articles you can check. I believe these will be helpful for your online store:

Your Stores Getting Lots of Traffic but No Sales? Fix This Now - MS Web Designer Blog

10 Proven Steps that will Improve your Shopify Website Speed - MS Web Designer Blog

Please feel free to contact me for further queries.

Best regards
Anni 

MS Web Designer  | Top Rated Shopify Experts in Singapore
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1500+ Happy Clients

Want to Improve Shopify Store Speed, Redesign or custom changes, or Small tweaks on store hire me.Try Our Free Shopify App
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

PageFly
Shopify Partner
2881 401 1750

Hi @Friendlyseller4 

It's PageFly - Best Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that my recommendations based on 6 years of providing solutions for more than 100.000 merchants can be beneficial to you in improving your store performance. 

I have a few more comments to make your pages even better:

1. General

1.1. Color

The color you are using for your store is quite vibrant and lively, which is a good things. However, we need to ensure the color go well through out the website. You can improve it by:

- Reducing the saturation of the background color. Having bright background color will decrease the focus on website content, and cause unwanted distraction

- Increase color contrast between background color and content color. In this case, the content is quite hard to read for a quick glance (which might be caused by font family as well). You can check color contrast with this free website here 

PageFly_1-1659978011860.png

Aside from this, I recommend having a contrast background color for the footer, as it will emphasize the end of your page, as well as the content inside it. This is a common practice for website that our customers have already get used to, so I think it's best to follow it. We can see the example right from Shopify site like this

PageFly_2-1659978824547.png

1.2. Content style

There are 2 main text type on a website: Heading and paragraph. It's recommend to have different style for each of these types to differentiate them and create a hierarchy throughout your store, as customers need to classify information for skimming and scanning. In this case, you are having bold style for heading, so for paragraph, you can try using font with regular style or thin stroke.

I will also recommend you to make the most of header tags and use headings correctly on your store, as it can impact SEO greatly.

PageFly_4-1659979137067.png

2. Home page

2.1. Hero banner

It's recommended to use bespoke images for your store, and make sure everyone can know subconsciously what you are selling right from the above-the-fold area. If this area is not impressive enough, we will end up having high bounce rate.

My suggestion is to replace it will a storage/ garage image, or showing collections of products in carousel. Furthermore, you can display the product you want to promote the most right on hero banner.

PageFly_0-1659977718964.png

2.2. Product list

Having a long product title will make it hard for customers to catch up with gadgets like this - it's recommend to keep product title short and on-point, and save detailed information for product description.

You can consider adding a Call-to-action button (like Quick view or Add to cart) on each product which can help increase conversion rate for the home page as well.

PageFly_5-1659979276963.png

2.3. Add more section to your home page for more information

To give diverse content to your home page, you can consider adding

• Best-selling products to drive sale
  • Features and benefits showing the advantages of shopping on your store
  • Blog Posts showing guides, tips and tricks
  • Testimonials to be more trustworthy
  • Contact Information for easily getting in touch
  • ….

3. Product page

You may want to check the description text here, it's quite hard to read

PageFly_0-1659979517597.png

The description is having a big image, which causes a gap on the right side of the page here:

PageFly_1-1659979576160.png

Also, as the product description is long, it left a blank space on the left side like this:

PageFly_2-1659979596181.png

In this case, you can make the product images a sticky block, so that it can take up the unwanted blank space in case you have long product description.

To make the pages more professional, you can check out our templates as inspiration for design and content. Here is a sample for home page:

PageFly_6-1659980237961.png

And here is a sample product page:

PageFly_5-1659980024806.png

All these templates can be used on PageFly Page Builder, even on a free plan.

For guidance in web design, you can take a look at our Academy or Blog Post to get instruction from our top e-commerce experts in increasing store’s conversion rates.

Hope your business is successful and gains more sales everyday!

Cheers!

If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Back-to-School Marketing Ideas of Best Platforms To Sell Online.