Just launched a plant shop and would love some honest feedback!

jasmineg13
Tourist
7 0 2

https://lushleafplants.com/

I'm eager to make this work but have been struggling to get any sales. From a user experience standpoint, what do you think? What do I need to improve? Did I do anything well? 

Thanks for your time and feedback on this 🙂 

Replies 11 (11)
Geraldmckingz
1 0 2

Someone really did they're homework 🙂

You should be proud of yourself.

Now that you've got your online store in place, you need to work smart and hard on improving your sales channels everyday.  That's where the real hard work's at.

Wish you luck on your new store!

PageFly
Shopify Partner
2501 343 1669

Hi @jasmineg13 

This is PageFly - Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendations for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

My 1st impression is WOW, that's so nice, you have done a great work. Congrats!

I have that you have:

- A favicon to differentiate your store from others in visitor's browser

- Beautiful & Effective above-the-fold area, which clearly tells what your store is about (home page) 

- Featured collections & products (home page)

- Your brand promise (home page)

- Trust badge

- Contact page with contact information

Amazing job! 

I just have some suggestions and hope they are worth trying:

HOME PAGE:

- Add a section of testimonials: it can be reviews & rating but it can also be a section where text testimonials are featured, like this 

PageFly_0-1633398783613.png

- Review your heading hierarchy: some H2 are missing right now, it's for SEO purpose

PageFly_1-1633398987789.png

COLLECTION PAGE

Take this one as example: https://lushleafplants.com/collections/hardy-plants 

- I find the menu is a bit strange:

The SHOP NOW button will look like a button when I hover on it, but I think it should be the other way around to make it clearly look like a button and tell people to click

Normally, we will have Home as the 1st menu item, so we can go back to the Home page whenever we want, it took me a bit of time to find the way to go back Home, hope you can consider this experience:

PageFly_2-1633399196941.png

PRODUCT PAGE

Take this one as example: https://lushleafplants.com/collections/hardy-plants/products/pothos-snow-queen-cuttings-5-pack?varia... 

- The sticky menu is a bit huge when you have the sticky CTA, it can be hard for someone who has small screen

Honestly, it was a bit annoying when I tried to read the description as the menu overlaid most of them.

PageFly_3-1633399460451.png

- Have more product images: some people rely heavily on visual elements, so it'd be nice if you have 4-5 images to show, maybe image from different angles and the plant in a real use case

- When I read the description, I did have a question about how big the tree is and if the purchase include a pot. I think your customers might have the similar questions too, you might provide some more information like this (about what the customers may ask)

If you want some more tips about Product page personalization, we have this guide https://pagefly.link/mvEbsRGE , hope this can help too.

CART

- Remove some unnecessary buttons: I think it could be very confusing on your cart pop up & cart page:  what is the difference between Go to cart & Process to checkout (when you ask them to Agree with terms & conditions when I don't see any link or other information) => it can cause hesitation.

PageFly_4-1633399913885.png

- On cart page as well: I think at this far, instead of Continue Shopping, we should encourage Process to checkout, we don't want they to leave at this point right?

PageFly_5-1633399928644.png

- There're huge spacing on the cart page

PageFly_6-1633400158716.png

What I have done is going through the flows that your customers might take, I suggest you test with some of your friends as well, then you can find some points that can cause frictions.

And I hope my suggestions above can help, let me know if they are useful by giving me a Like! Thank you in advance and I wish you the best of luck!

PageFly.

===

P/S: If you want more flexibility to personalize your pages, I'd love to introduce our product PageFly Landing Page Builder with 24/7live chat support. PageFly has a Free plan where you can use all features and create different page types so I hope give us a try.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store

waytoapps
Shopify Partner
734 65 265

Hello @jasmineg13 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Make the sticky header bit smaller, so that rest of the page flows better.

Organize header section with Home option as the first in the Menu.

Add Testimonials or reviews on the homepage to build trust with the visitors.

Increase Blog posting which will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers..

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace, if you have any unique or Handmade product in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
kelvinpeter
Pathfinder
155 0 9

wow!! that is so nice, you have  done a great job. you need to work on the following:

1. Trust badge 

2. Contact page(with information)

3.Home page

Buy PreMade Dropship Stores.Check Dropship-empire.com
We Help Shopify Customers to Sell Online.
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful. Click Accept as Solution If Our Reply Answered Your Question!

Growave
Shopify Partner
1543 52 436

Hi @jasmineg13 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Congratulations on opening a new store. First of all, I would like to compliment your store design and visual appeal. You have done a great job. I would suggest you implement the following eCommerce marketing tools in order to drive traffic and increase conversion rate.  I hope it will work for you.

• Implement Social Login 

Attach Social Login buttons anywhere on your Shopify site and enable one-click sign-up or login to your online store. You can let customers log in using their Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yahoo, Tumblr, Instagram, or Amazon accounts. It simplifies the login process and enables one-click signup. Also, gathered data through social login can be studied for customer retention and client analysis.

• Implement Loyalty and Rewards program

The Loyalty and Rewards program system inspires customers to connect more genuinely with your brand. It helps to strengthen direct communication between you and your audience. Also, it positively impacts repeat purchases and turns your customers into loyal clients. Motivate your purchasers by setting points, Referral links and VIP statuses. You can reward them with points for leaving reviews, following on social media accounts, birthday gifts on their special days, etc. Collected points they can spend on free delivery/discount/product. By collecting points, your customer spends more and repeat purchases.

Also, I suggest you take into consideration the Referral program in order to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Once you got your first clients, try to gain more orders through existing ones. It motivates customers to develop your brand community. 

• Adjust your Sticky Menu

Improve the Sticky Menu since it takes 1 /3 of the page when a customer browse the shop. It makes it difficult to see the product and doesn't make your online shop user-friendly.

8.png

Test Growave during the free trial period to check whether it works for you. The app contains 5 efficient marketing features that will help you with sales and traffic such as Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, a shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test all-in-one marketing platform Growave for free, press Growave

jasmineg13
Tourist
7 0 2

Thank you so much for that feedback! I appreciate you 🙂 

jasmineg13
Tourist
7 0 2

WOW This is incredible!! Thank you SO MUCH for all of these improvements! And for taking the time to go into such detail - I really appreciate you!! I will get on implementing these ASAP 🙂 

jasmineg13
Tourist
7 0 2

Thank you for your time and feedback! I love each of these and will absolutely implement these improvements 🙂 

jasmineg13
Tourist
7 0 2

Thank you! I shall 🙂 

jasmineg13
Tourist
7 0 2

Thank you! Those are all excellent improvements and growth strategies! I'll look into them now, I appreciate your help and guidance! 

vinods
Shopify Partner
717 12 89

Hi 

Your store is fantastic. Great products too. The name and logo is good too. 

Below is my feedback

In mobile the description is coming twice one on top one below are you using some app for description usually one description is enough. Also the description on top is little jumbled I mean not correctly formatted. same is on desktop.

Also I would tweak The menu a little bit keeping in mind your products.

In mobile there is a black strip coming in bottom area since you have all information or links to cart etc in top area does not make sense in bottom area.

On Desktop the popup comes immediately please try to reduce the time i mean delay the pop up

The menu  on desktop is jumbles too due to less space needs some tweak

On product details page remove BUY NOW Button just keep add to cart

You can email me and Let me know if you have any further question

I have worked for this industry in UK market.

thanks

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev
Digital Centrics
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization