kpughdesigns.com

kpughdesigns
1 0 0

I am getting some traffic, little sales and almost no one signing up for e-mails.  Seem to get an unusual amount of people adding items to their carts and not following through

Replies 5 (5)
CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @kpughdesigns 

Congratulations on your store! 

Here are some feedbacks:

Banner: 

It is a good idea to have a banner on your front page with a Call to Action button, which will take the customer directly to the product page. 

Chatbot: 

Try having a chatbot to answer usual questions as well as gain useful customer insight. 

About Us Section: 

Try shifting this section to another page, so that here you can add more pictures.

Text: 

There are big blocks of text which might put people off. So, try to use only keywords, and more images. 

Newsletter:

Have a popup to sign up for the newsletter, as it is too down below, where people may miss it.

Finally, it is a good idea to mail the clients who have pending carts with discounts or other offers, especially with Christmas coming up. 

Please reach out in case of any questions, and the very best of luck to you!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @kpughdesigns,

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, onto my feedback..

First of all, very cool products, very unique!

Here is what I would recommend:

1. Advertise locally. Local Facebook groups, Facebook marketplace, I'd recommend approaching local shops as well about carrying your product in store. When farmers markets are back on, I'd get into those as well.

2. Content marketing. This is free to do, it just takes some time and work on your end. I'd recommend creating videos of you making your products. You could do short, sped up videos using Instagram Reels or TikTok or you could use YouTube if you want to do longer videos. Here is what I am talking about:

Next, you do need some work done on your website. A logo for sure, which is one of our giveaway prizes by the way so make sure to enter :). Alternatively, you can have one done up on Fiverr very inexpensively. You've got some text on your homepage ("A little about me") that I'd recommend moving to an "About Me" page instead. Your homepage/store front should really be a place where people land, know exactly what you sell and invite them to take a look around. One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. This point leads me into my next suggestion which is..

Your SEO (how people find you in Google). By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

Finally, to address your comment about the cart. A few minor tweaks. 1. When you are at the checkout, I'd swap the order of the "Continue Shopping" and "Checkout", Checkout should be first.

designs-checkout.png

When I continue to shipping, it holds me back because you have two fields (Apartment, Suite and Phone Number) that are marked as required to continue, they really shouldn't be. Apartment/Suite does not apply to everyone and for some, giving out their phone number is not something they want to do and they may be abandoning cart because of it.

designs-checkout2.png

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 488

Dear @kpughdesigns 

Congratulations on your store!

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales.

• Add Logo & Favicon - Your logo should highlight your brand name. Add a favourite icon so users can locate your webpage easily
  • Use predictive search feature
  • Add social profiles at footer
  • Add Custom Slider(Hero banners) with Call to Action
  • Add Trust Badge and Highlight your USP
  • Human Touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section
  • Featured Collection - Add all the top featured products on the homepage so users know the type of products you're selling on your store.
  • Add Sticky Buy now or add a cart button,Sticky cart
  • Add Promotional banner on collection page
  • Add Product filter for easy navigation - Categorize & filter products by their size, colour or type so users find product to product navigation easy.
  • Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc.
  • Need to do SEO
Click Here to Hire Shopify Store Customization Experts
Boost Conversions & Average Order Value with this
Best App for Sticky Add To Cart
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @kpughdesigns, I hope you are doing well! here are some suggestions:

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

- Having a good brand logo helps in branding.

You should add a loyalty program in your store. Many brands have started using the loyalty program to build long term relationships with their customers. To make customers purchase from you again you have to give them rewards and loyalty points. You can give welcome points, on allowing for push notification, on a sign-up, on following or sharing on social media, and many other activities. Engage them with gratification and build relationships with your customers by offering such kinds of rewards. It will help you to increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers, reviews, social media presence. 

Add web push notifications which will help you to bring back visitors who bounced from your site and convert them into paying customers. Even more astounding, this can increase customer retention by 7x times. This will clearly impact your retention.

- Add reviews and Q&A to establish authority and influence visitors with user-generated content. Turn your customer content into sales by collecting and leveraging reviews, ratings, and Q&A. Collect reviews and display them.

- Entice customers with rewards & discounts. 

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
flareAI
Shopify Partner
718 62 199

Hello @kpughdesigns,

I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.

1. Add store logo. logo is an important part of your company's brand, and makes a significant impact on a company's public perception
2. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.
3. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
4. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
5. Add Contact Us page for better customer interaction.
6. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
7. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic. Having social media is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.
8. A FAQ would be useful!
9. Try to maintain the same image size while listing all products. 
10. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
11. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.
12. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!
Jeena