Launched in May, Still at 0 sales in July. HELPPP!!!!!

Mieluri
Tourist
3 0 5

Hello, my name is Darla, the owner of a trendy, feminine clothing shop called Mieluri. I launched my store back in May expecting it to do great. Since the launch day, we have gotten 0 sales despite advertising like crazy on ALL social media platforms, adding discounts, and utilizing influencers on Instagram. Seems like we've just been wasting money. We get an average of about 200 visitiors a month, which I think is pretty good, but we have 0% conversion rate. I need BRUTAL HONESTY, and IDEAS or TIPS that could help my store strive like I know it should! Please and thank you!

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1050 142 343

Hey Darla (@Mieluri),

Even without a store URL, you shared three pieces of information that I believe at your main issues:

#1. PRODUCTS
"the owner of a trendy, feminine clothing shop called Mieluri"

As you know, clothing can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a shirt or pants in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local.In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

#2. PAID ADVERTISING
"we have gotten 0 sales despite advertising like crazy on ALL social media platforms, adding discounts, and utilizing influencers on Instagram"

Here are a few tips to help you with your paid ads:

1. When working with influencers, don’t be blinded by numbers. A large following does not mean success. Be cautious of bringing in “general traffic”, you want an influencer that is in your niche.
  2. Remember that every social platform has a primary user demographic. You want to create profiles and run ads on whichever platform your target demographic spends the most time. Check Social Sprout for the 2021 Social Media Stats.
  3. Target your ads. Do not make your ranges to broad, know your target audience and dial in to reach exactly who you intend to reach. Remember, high traffic is not a good thing if it’s the wrong traffic.

#3. HIGH TRAFFIC, NO SALES
"We get an average of about 200 visitiors a month, which I think is pretty good, but we have 0% conversion rate"
When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). If you share your store URL I can take a look through, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on. If you post your link, tag me @EcomGeeks so I get a notification and know to come back to this post.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

Mieluri
Tourist
3 0 5

@EcomGeeks Thank you so much for your response, it was very insightful. I would love for you to take a look at my website https://mieluri.com/ for more feedback. Again, I am so grateful for the time you take in order to help me and my business. God bless!

CutOutWiz
Navigator
362 28 138

Hello @Mieluri 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• Your entire website is filled with light colors, even the writings. The color of icons and headers are so light that it's sometimes difficult to understand them. Consider using bright colors or post them on a brighter background so they are more visible and are highlighted. 
  • It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types. I see that you only have one banner on the homepage. It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1050 142 343

Hey @Mieluri,

Happy to take a look! Here is my feedback for you:

screencapture-mieluri-2021-07-26-09_28_41 (1).png

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment. This is a service we offer so if you are interested, you can click here for more information.

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

COLORS
Your font colors are quite light and hard to see. Again, highly recommend having a logo done up and using that as your anchor point.

mieluri.png

SEO 
When writing your SEO, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. You have product names such as “Angel Cardigan” and “Cloud Top”, the issue here is that a person trying to find this type of product in Google is not going to type “Angel Cardigan” or “Cloud Top” into the search bar. For this product for example, you would want to include words like "orange", "one shoulder", "crop" etc.

cloud-top.png

I know SEO is no small task but it’s going to make a big impact. One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you reach your intended audience organically. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here:

PHOTOS
Your photos all have different backgrounds/styles. Having a consistent photo theme adds trust to your site. The issue with inconsistent photo themes is it may appear to the visitor that they aren't your photos and they may not have the confidence to proceed with a purchase.

mieluri-photos.png

SELECTION
You currently sell 5 items in total. I would highly recommend adding more variety in both sizing and selection.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

Mieluri
Tourist
3 0 5

@EcomGeeks Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for taking the time to go through my website, I appreciate it a lot and will be applying these changes to the best of my ability at the moment. Again, thank you, seriously! 

flareAI
Shopify Partner
438 38 138

Hello @Mieluri,

I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.

1. The font color you used is very hard to see. Try some other darker color.
2. Add a detailed product description in product pages.
3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
4. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
5. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
6. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
7. Create a Facebook account for your store. Having a Facebook Store is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.

Hope this was helpful!
Gina
https://apps.shopify.com/mansion-flareai

0 Likes