Looking for advice specially to better my SEO and Site Speed

Jason101
Excursionist
37 1 9

Hey all,

I am looking for advice on how my website operates for new visitors and their experience specially relating to SEO and page speed. I have gone through GTMetrix and PageSpeed Insights to clean up what I can to my ability, however there are recommendations to be cleaned up on the mobile side.

I'm interested in your user experience and any issues or bugs you come across pertaining to SEO and page speed. Anything you would do different or change that would better my site for organic reach etc.

https://www.photogrfr.com

Thank you!

Replies 3 (3)
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @Jason101These are some points that you can work on to keep your store’s speed optimized:-

• Optimize all the images
  • Eliminate using multiple apps- you can try the all-in-one app AiTrillion.
  • Use a fast and reliable hosting
  • Use a Content delivery network (CDN)
  • “Minify” your code
  • Reduce redirects and broken links

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
sillycube
Shopify Partner
693 16 100

Most of the mobile issues are fixed by Shopify and theme developers. This is because only they can control the site performance. 

How to drive more organic reach?

Create more unique content because Google loves it, e.g. tutorial videos, blog posts, etc. Share the content across different social channels. Most merchants only focus on on-page but omit off-page SEO works. In practice, it's only half of the SEO work.

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 75

Hi @Jason101 

I ran your homepage through the Shopify Analyzer (free analysis tool our team built for the Shopify community). It looks like a decent amount of optimizations can be implemented to help improve your site's performance. Here is your full report: https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/g11x9krmt7

A little more detail about some of the optimizations you should work on:

• Lazy loading: It looks like some images on your homepage aren't being lazy loaded. Adding this can really help with page performance since it delays the loading of images until the user needs to view them. This way you aren't loading all images up at once. Here's an article we have that can help: How to Lazy Load Images on Shopify to Make Your Site Faster
  • Image optimizations: You'll want to reduce your oversized images by having mobile images display no larger than 960px and desktop images no larger than 1500px. You'll also want to convert any images with a non-transparent background from a PNG to JPG. Lastly, I'd recommend checking out Crush Pics. It'll help you compress your product images.
  • Apps: 3rd party apps can have a significant impact on page performance, so I'd recommend uninstalling any that aren't essential. It's also worth noting that even after an uninstall, app code can remain in your theme. It's best to browse through your main theme files to ensure there's no leftover code.

Those are some of the biggest optimizations I'd recommend. We also have an in-depth optimization guide you can follow: How to Optimize a Shopify Site: Complete Guide to Faster Load Speed.

I hope this was helpful. Please feel free to reach out to our optimization team at speedboostr.com/contact if you need any more help. Best of luck!

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)