Hello! I am looking for feedback on my store: https://thepapercraft.co . I just set it up recently and have spent a lot of time getting it ready and am looking for some feedback on the store as a whole:
I am new to this and this is my first Shopify shop. Anyone have any tips? Especially to do with apps that I should have installed, how to deal with taxes worldwide (I am in Canada and currently have TaxJar installed but not sure if maybe there is a better app to help with that), both taxes my customers should be paying as well as how I deal with subitting my taxes as a first time business owner in Canada.
Anything anyone at all can give me on anything I have mentioned above would be greatly appreciated. If you are referring to anything region specific could you please let me know what region you are in? Also if something is not displaying correctly could you let me know what OS, browser, etc.
Thanks so much in advance!
Congratulations on your new store. Im happy to take a look and give my feedback.
What you have done really well.
- Beautiful design, easy to use, and good user experience
- Works well on mobile and desktop
- Good selection of products
Other suggestions for improvement
- Make the header sticky: The header is what your customers use to navigate the store, so it is important that they can access it from any section of your store. Make the header sticky, so when your customers scroll down they can still use the header and see the information on it.
- Add shipping policy on the footer
- Engage with your customers and visitors: I will suggest adding a Live chat, you want to reach out to your visitors and show that you're ready to answer any question they might have to better understand what they actually want. If you added a Live chat that launched after 90 seconds of someone landing on your store that asks, “What stopped you from checking out today?” may help you uncover some valuable insights. The trick here is to understand why a visitor isn’t engaging or converting to then work on fixing the issues.
- Add customer reviews and testimonials
- Use color swatches to display product variants: This makes it easier for your customers to see all the available variants and also improves the aesthetics of the product page.
- Add your shipping and return information on the product page: On the product page add information about shipping and return policies. You can add a summary of the important shipping and return information your customers should know before they place an order.
Here is a good example;
- Show stock quantity: Showing the number of stock is useful information to have on the product page. This is a proven trick top online commerce retailers use to drive sales.
- Add Product reviews: This is easily the most important information you need to show on your product page. Even if you don't have any customers yet, you can source product reviews from your vendor.
- Use a carousel or scrollable section to display your product images on the mobile version: having all the product images take up all that space is not neat, it will be simpler to use an image carousel or have them in one line and make it scrollable.
- Add a Quickview button on the products on your collection and home pages: Having a Quickview button option on your collection page will make it easier for your customers to view more of your products. When they are able to easily preview and read the product details without going to the product page, they are more likely to view more products and which in turn can increase their chances of making a purchase. Most themes already have a Quickview/Quickshop option, you can check for this on your theme customizer and enable it. Also, you can get the Quickview/Quickshop option for free when you install the Collections filter & Search bar by the Sobooster app.
I think you have a well-designed store and a good selection of products.
Best of luck and cheers!
I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Page Builder. First of all, congratulations on your store. So I've checked your store and I have some feedback on it, and I hope it helps.
1. Add Sticky Header
I would suggest you use ONE sticky header. A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want.
2. Add a hovering effect for CTA buttons
Sure thing the CTA button is the ultimate goal of your page, so why not make it more visible and attractive by creating a beautiful hovering effect that encourages users to click on it?
Another thing I would like to mention is that you should feature on the Homepage 2 to 3 products, it could make them more unique and encourage customers to explore them on the product page.
3. Add pop-up
Promotion should be announced right from the moment visitors enter your page. Popups or one slide on the banner slide show will make sure your client will not miss your sale.
4. Add Chat box and Testimonials
They can be added to your homepage as well. Customers will feel more engaged in your store.
5. Use Delivery Date
Once a purchase decision is made, the buyer is excited to get your product on their hand as soon as possible. When viewing “Standard Shipping — 3 business days. Get it by April 4th”, visitors get the urgency to make the purchase.
6. Return Policy
Customers get hesitant to shop online because they are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it. Return and exchange policy should be findable on the product page.
The actual return policy, in particular, the duration and the payment of return shipping, is highly impactful to site conversions. However, you should take extra care to make your policy easy to read and clear for customers.
You can check out our templates for more inspiration for your page. Feel free to check our blog article as well. A Page Builder can be seen as a good choice for you to have an attractive and powerful page quickly. You will have lots more time focusing on strategies.
If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!
PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.
Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.
Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly
Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.
Make a Sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customers to access menu at any time they want.
Expand hero banner to full width, as it gives first impression when customer lands on homepage.
Add Testimonials or Reviews on the Homepage, which helps in building trust with other visitors.
You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.
There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.
You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace, if you have any unique or Handmade product in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.
Mention more contact details, which builds trust on your store.
Hey Kadie (@ThePaperCraftCo),
Congratulations on launching your Shopify store and well done on all of the work you've put in thus far. You've done an excellent job! I've taken a look through your store and have a few suggestions for you.
First, you'll notice on mobile that the white banner text you have gets pushed below the image and therefore is very difficult to read against the light background. Something like 80% of people are shopping from their phone so it's really important to make sure the mobile version of your store looks great and is easy to navigate as well.
Another thing I noticed on your mobile store is that your Washi Tape Sets, for example are difficult to see because the images are so small. The other thing is that you have the variants named "1, 2, 3" etc. so a person would need to scroll up, scroll down, scroll up, scroll down to see every option and decide what they want. It would be better to have your variants renamed to descriptive titles ie. #12 could be named "purple hues" and #6 could be named "pink hues" for mixed ones like #7 you might call it "spring". I'd recommend removing that large image of all of the tapes and instead have individual product photos of each. This is going to show a single larger image that will change depending on what variant a person selects. The other option would be to create a collection called "Washi Tape" and then break these into single, individual products.
Here is a video showing you how to create collections:
Now that I've touched on mobile, I want to touch on desktop. The theme overall is very nice, the one thing I would recommend changing if it isn't too much trouble is expanding the width of your content. Right now it's less than 1000 pixels wide with tonnes of white space on either side. What's the big deal? There's a phrase "above the fold" which is essentially everything a person can see before they need to scroll down the page (valuable real estate on your website). You would be able to place more "above the fold" if the overall width was larger. Your navigation for example is running into two lines when it could be one.
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment. This is a service we offer so if you are interested, you can click here for more information.
Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.
POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information.
Sell locally first to get those first customers and to bring in reviews. You can advertise by joining local community groups, Facebook buy & sell pages, joining online trade shows (and in person when you are able).
Make sure to include a business card with every purchase that includes an incentive (such as a percentage off) for their next online purchase. This creates awareness that you have an online store and encourages people to purchase through your website.
Here is a video on how to create discount codes:
You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:
If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well:
Here are a few tips to help you if/when you run paid ads:
For you, I’d recommend creating videos to market your products. You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get adsense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns adsense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
I think this could be great for you, hope you give it a go!
I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Thank you all so much for the reviews and information. A few things mentioned I have already implemented, but the majority of the things mentioned are things that I definitely can do. I will go through each of your suggestions one at a time over the next few days. Thank you so much!