Looking for Feedback for my store

sandyng
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

Hello everyone, 

We are trying to do a revamp for our website. 

The webshop has been running for 2 years with the current theme. 
In our user experience reviews, many have confusion in navigating the website. 

We are looking for more feedback to generate a clear plan of improvements. 

It would be appreciated if you have a moment and could visit us & leave some feedback - how you think we could improve. 

Our site: www.fiveelephant.com
Background: Five Elephant is a specialty coffee roastery, artisanal bakery, and small Berlin café chain. 
We mainly sell coffee beans and equipment on our webshop.  

Thank you for your attention! 

Best Regards, 
Sandy

Replies 8 (8)
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2503 344 1670

Hi @sandyng 

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store about the store design based on 5 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

So I have just gone through your website and here are some of my thoughts the homepage, product page, product listing page and cart page:

Plus point:

• Your page is really well designed and clear
  • The Images and contents are well – invested

That being said, I would like to give you some suggestions for improvement. Hope you find it valuable.

Home Page

• Add sticky navigation bar:

It’s great that you have a “Back to the top” button. However, a sticky navigation bar will help customer navigate themselves from every part of the homepage to any page of your store more conveniently. User experience is extremely important to an online store and we should make the buying experience seems effortless.

PageFly_0-1628783393444.png

• Add Shipping Info to the Footer:

Adding a direct link of “Shipping Info” can also be crucial for users; in particular, the cost and expected delivery date. Many research show that customer automatically go to the homepage’s footer to find information like “Return Policy” and “Shipping Information”. This can be a important factor that effect the purchase decision

PageFly_1-1628783415749.png

Product Page

• Show 3-5 images of the product

Without the ability to physically examine the product before buying it, users rely on product images to inform them of the product’s key visual features. That’s why you should add more style of images. For example, “in scale” images help customers understand how big the product is and how it would fit in the house.

PageFly_2-1628783455815.png

• Add reviews for the product page

Reviews are crucial when it comes to shopping online. PageFly allows you to add testimonials and product review to the page in ease ways

• Utilize the blank space

There are a lot of blank space in the product description. This might negatively effect the page’s aesthetics. You should redistribute the space evenly.

PageFly_3-1628783512873.png

Product listing page:

• Using “Load More” button

I find the loading of your product listing page interesting. However, you can consider using “Load More” button. It keeps customer focus on some products and prevent them from feeling overwhelmed. It also allows merchants to compare products.

PageFly_4-1628783627405.png

Your cart page looks good to me. It allows users to edit data directly at the review step, you can make the PayPal button less distracting but overall, everything is fine.

Here are some articles that might help you improve your store:

Improving Home Page with PageFly: https://pagefly.link/SvbnDwyS 

Improving Collection Page: https://pagefly.link/jwQGMZkx 

Above are some of my initial thoughts on your store and I hope you find something helpful. If you are still looking for a tool to build a great website, I hope you can try our product: PageFly Landing Page Builder

If these feedbacks about the homepage and collection page are helpful, please give me a "like". Thank you so much and I hope your business is successful! 

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store.

collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
222 26 95

Hi @sandyng 

Thank you for sharing! I'm happy to check the store and provide you some feedback

Positive

Overall shop design and user experience are great.

It works well on mobile and desktop and has quality content.

Here are some suggestions

1. Add more product images (4 - 5) on the product pages, if you can make high-quality short videos to include in the product pages that would be great. As it will help showcase your products even better.

2. I will recommend adding a filter and search app on the collection and search pages to make it easy for your customers to navigate and search for products in your store.

3. This design here can be a little confusing. Maybe you can add a space between the collection image and the product grid

collinsmbaka_0-1628790680379.png

Best of luck and cheers!

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @sandyng,

I've taken a look through your store and have some feedback for you.

fiveelephant-01.png

POP UPS
I noticed a lot of things vying for my attention upon landing. I had the cookie policy, the newsletter and the cookie policy at the top. The cookie policy at the top is particularly troublesome because it blocks your navigation on mobile and it continuously pops up on every page unless you click accept (even though I already clicked accept on the one that popped up in the corner). Overall, these pop ups are annoying and will likely cause your visitors to leave your website so I'd recommend replacing them with a more user-friendly way of presenting important information. 

When you think of adding pop ups to your website, ask yourself - "what are my top three priorities for this visit?" For example, it might be: 1. Make a sale 2. Get a newsletter sign up 3. Have them follow me on social media.

Next, ask "does this pop up help achieve one of these goals or does it distract from one of these goals?" Then the final step is strategically presenting them at the right time, on the right page. So for example, with the newsletter pop-up, it would be better to have that pop up with a discount when a person clicks on the checkout button as opposed to immediately when they land on your store.

LOCAL
Make sure to include a business card with every purchase you do offline that includes an incentive (such as a percentage off) for their next online purchase. This creates awareness that you have an online store and encourages people to purchase through your website.

Here is a video on how to create discount codes:

You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:

If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well:

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

EcomGeeks_0-1625765135293.png

SEO

One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

MARKETING
For you, I’d recommend creating videos to market your products. You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get adsense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns adsense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
I think this could be great for you, hope you give it a go!

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

SajiniAnnieJohn
Shopify Partner
55 2 7

Hello @sandyng

I have gone through your store and found that a sticky cart is missing in your store. Having a sticky stick may provide your customers a seamless buying experience as they don't need to scroll up the page every time to add the products. To save your time by adding this feature to your store manually I would love to recommend an app called iCart Cart Drawer Cart Upsell that helps you to boost sales on your store. This app is an all-on app that completely boosts the conversion rate of your Shopify store with its outstanding features. Do check it out.

Hope this information helps!

Sajini Annie John | iCart Team
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Andrew
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1417 145 259

Hi @sandyng,

Hyde here from Shopify.

Well done on a fantastic store (and in one of my favorite cities no less!) you've done a wonderful job. I suspect I might have actually stepped into your cafe during the Berlinale!

Navigating your site actually seems very clear and straightforward. The main menu is uncluttered, the dropdowns are simple and minimalist. Clicking into each collection, they are all very intuitive to use. If I had to make a personal subjective observation I'd say that the dead space to the left of your product descriptions is a little jarring, but certainly not confusing! 

13-00-85662-11212.png

I can put products into the cart and then head to checkout with complete ease too.

So I'm curious as to which aspects your customers have found confusing? Did they provide more concrete explanations?

Have you considered conducting user interviews or a contextual inquiry? This is called usability testing and is invaluable to every store owner.

There's an app called lucky orange you could think about using which is a heat map that can give you a sense of how users are moving around your site. You may also be familiar with Hotjar that operates in a similar fashion.

There's also the Shopify Live View (Store admin > Analytics > live View) that can give you insight into common areas that may be causing issues for visitors.

I hope this all helps! I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have or discuss this further.

All the best, Hyde.

Andrew | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DanBim
Shopify Partner
383 38 92

Hi @sandyng, after 2 years of running your store and non of your products have reviews, it can affect the CR of your store a little bit. 

Your add to cart button on mobile view also is too small, make it full width on the mobile device.

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 16.33.43.png

Ryviu - Aliexpress Reviews app - is a review app, with features to import reviews from Aliexpress, Amazon, Etsy and Dhgate. Trusted by over 40.000+ merchants.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @sandyngThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some inputs on your store after reviewing it that you can start working on it:

- Add a call to action button here on the homepage. You can refer the below image.

AiTrillion_0-1628853209742.png

- Add a call to action button on the banner image of the homepage. 

- Display the collection list on the homepage. Also, add a section of trending and new arrivals on the homepage.

- Add a review carousel on the homepage. It will build trust with visitors coming to your store.

- Also, I see there's no reviews section on the product page. Add a review section on the product page as 90% of people read reviews before making purchase.

Add trust badges in your store. With the help of trust badges, customers will know that all the processes taking place are safe and secure.

- Also, to entice and attract customers add loyalty rewards program to give customers loyalty points on many activities and rewards on point redemption.

You can work on the above points to improve your store & make it even better to drive conversions. 

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
JonathanBecuase
Pathfinder
90 7 31

Hey @sandyng 

Awesome Shopify store!

• I would focus on ensuring your product photography is on more of your product pages and through out your site showcase your customers from your locations 
  • Regularly test your site speed and ensure everything is loading correctly.
  • Optimize your product pages by adding banners that highlight promo codes or any special discounts, customer reviews or information about the product, directly on the product pages. This will help guide your customers through education on your products. There are some great examples here: https://www.becauseintelligence.com/blog/4-sales-promotions-to-try-today-to-increase-product-page-co... 
  • add a blog that would be a cool way to add some organic traffic and feature some collabs
  • I would also add some customer reviews through out the site 
Content Marketing - https://apps.shopify.com/because
Because: Grow your Shopify store revenue with Because product page banners