FROM CACHE - en_header

Looking for feedback on bakery store to make sure I'm maximising experience

Sourdoughbakery
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi guys, 

Would love some feedback on the ability to go through the website from product selection to cart. 
In testing phase currently and notice 10% of customers have struggled to complete orders correctly - eg on our doughnut page selecting 1 doughnut multiple times instead of scrolling down to the correct amount (this gives a different price).

website is - www.thesourdoughbakery.co.uk

password - bread

Thanks for any feedback!

Replies 7 (7)
Growave
Shopify Partner
1545 53 437

Hi @Sourdoughbakery 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Congratulations on opening a new store. Your bread and bakes look amazing! I would recommend you implement the following eCommerce marketing tools for better traffic and sales. I hope my recommendations would help.

• Add Social Login

Attach Social Login buttons anywhere on your Shopify site and enable one-click sign-up or login to your online store. No need for passwords You can let customers log in using their Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yahoo, Tumblr, Instagram, or Amazon accounts. 

• Add Reviews

I haven't noticed any reviews at your shop. I strongly advise adding testimonials/reviews to products for building customer trust and social proof. Since you've launched the online shop recently, try to collect them through apps. Through the app, your customer can leave a photo or text reviews and will be reminded to share opinions whenever you prefer.

• Implement Loyalty and Rewards program

The Loyalty and Rewards program system inspires customers to connect more genuinely with your brand. It helps to strengthen direct communication between you and your audience. Also, it positively impacts repeat purchases and turns your customers into loyal clients. Motivate your purchasers by setting points, Referral links, and VIP statuses. I suggest you take into consideration the Referral program in order to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Once you got your first clients, try to gain more orders through existing ones. 

Q.png

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at affordable price, try  Growave.  We have 5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, a shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test all-in-one marketing platform Growave for free, press Growave

CartTurbo
Pathfinder
89 4 25

I like the site and it's rare that I say that.

Since food is one of the 3 things that allow you to bypass the conscious and speak directly to the subconscious, I would be trying to do just that, by putting a picture that'll make your mouth water and your stomach growl. 

And then I would add a call to action that talked about my biggest problem, or biggest fear when it comes to buying baked goods.

Speed outsell everything.

You can have a car pick you up in five minutes.

A pizza delivered in 20 ...

Groceries in 60 ...

Answers to any question in 0.3 seconds because at 0.5 Google saw a 20% drop in traffic.

Friction is anything you put between someone and the completion of a task. It can be anything from waiting for a website to load, to a pop-up, or even having to click to find a product.

Friction equals time and time equals money.

So you are in the business of removing friction, which means making things as fast and easy as possible which in turn saves you time and money.

Your website is slow, it takes 2.5 seconds for the first content paint and Google said it should be in under a second.

And the largest content paint takes 6.9 seconds and Google said it should be under 2 seconds.

The reason for this is because Google discovered that 53% of mobile users abandon sites that take 3 seconds to load.

Google also limits the number of crawlers if your site is slower than two seconds.

A lot of the bounce could be because of speed however it is a bit confusing.

I ordered a donut and it gave me a price however at the bottom of the pages it added items I did not buy and when I changed the quantity it did not change the price at the top of the page.

I shouldn't have to scroll to find important information.

However I do like the way the checkout opens a sidebar instead of a page.

And I would remove the social media links in the footer.

1.) They bleed pagerank and hurt your Google’s rankings.

2.) They could get you fined in California.

3.) And they send your traffic to a site you don’t control.

You want to get traffic from the social media sites and not send traffic to the social media sites.

And tests by major corporations have shown that they actually hurt more than they help with regards to likes and shares …the only reason for having them.

Your goal once on the site should be to convert them into a customer and not to get a like or share on social media, likes and shares on social media sites should come from the people that are currently on the social media sites and not from people on your site ready to make a purchase.

RishAtMason
Shopify Partner
32 4 9

Hi @Sourdoughbakery, I'm loving the look & feel of your store right now! 

Here are my thoughts as I go through the site:

1. I'd like to see a little formatting with the text. For example, "Carbs are forever, join the Carb Club!" could be in italics. Also, join or Carb Club should be a link! If you're asking me to take an action, I should be able to do it at that point.
  2. I don't like the empty spaces. Like between the text after your hero image and the best sellers section. An image, or even adding a pretty line and reducing the space would change that.
  3. I'm loving your enthusiasm for word play, but capitalizing it feels a little too on the nose. So maybe (Sour)Cronuts instead of (SOUR)Cronuts? Similarly, —NO TYPO after Gift Carbs feels a little on the nose. Maybe highlight it but in a subtler way through formatting? (ex: Click for Gift Carbs - no typo)?
  4. Again, when you say Follow @thesourdoughbakery_, I would like to be able to click through to do that right then. I also got a bit confused by the story highlights—each one only has one story? So it feels like a lot of clicks to be able to look at all the images. Can you put them on auto-scroll, or indicate that they are customer shares or something?
  5. Your bake days section is great in terms of informing me as a customer AND adjusting my expectations—BUT, there's too much empty space on the side again.
  6. Your About Us and About You section only had About Us information, and I was a little bummed.
  7. I like that you've readjusted the products to have an option to select the amount! Small suggestion—change "Size" to "Quantity"? I would also like an option to select the flavor between the two that are there for the week?
  8. I'd also suggest proofreading your copy (ex: Fillings may contains nuts --> Fillings may contain nuts, Our Olive Tartine is a favourite of ours! --> The Olive Tartine is a favourite of ours!). This would just add a more polished and professional feel to the store, IMO.
  9. !! Once I'm at the product page, I can't navigate back to the page. As in, I have to click on the hamburger and select Bread & Bakes again, but I would really like an option to just directly click back to other products. This could be as simple as a back arrow, or text that says "Back to shop", or anything feel like!
  10. With the loaves, I would really like to see a whole photo as well, not just slice/cut? That's just a personal preference. But also a variety in your photos would make your customer more hungry 😛
  11. I would really recommend adding some more information to the images on your collection page, because otherwise I feel like I have to click through multiple products, come back to the page, click on another product, and repeat. It's a bit tiring/cumbersome. So for example highlighting "many flavors" on the foccacia, or "750-850g" on the loaves (or even 12 thick slices!), or just a "recommended" or "special of the week". The sort of direct information that's available when looking at the display in a bakery actually? It would be nice 🙂 Going to the product page feels like asking someone at the counter about the product. And so I'd like some more labels, almost?
  12. The frequently bought together section is GREAT.
  13. I would also like to see some social proof—in the form of reviews, customer posts on social media, feedback on email/text/etc—basically anything that shows me that your existing customer's loving your products?

Overall, BIG fan of your site. Slightly envious and sad that I don't get to taste these products!

Building communities @ ModeMagic and Mason!

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know.
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Sourdoughbakery
Tourist
5 0 2

Thank you for your reply!

Having a look at this, particularly interested in the loyalty program 🙂

Sourdoughbakery
Tourist
5 0 2

Thank you CartTurbo for your feedback! Very helpful, will make the changes you suggest and revert back :))

Sourdoughbakery
Tourist
5 0 2

Thank you for such detailed feedback!
1. Great point will do this.

2. Agreed, been trying to fix that but will give it another go.

3. We quite like the capitalisation of (SOUR), open to changing it but need to convince others 🙂 agreed on the no typo in italics 

4.It's an app that seemed the best out of all the ones available. I'll have a look at the highlight part! 

5. Agreed, I'll neaten up that area.

6. Sorry haven't finished that.

7. Will make that change, for which product is this? The variants were a confusing part initially (especially for the doughnuts) had to get a coder.

8. Whoops! Thanks for pointing that out :))

9. Can't believe I didn't notice that!! That is such a hassle to the customer, will fast track a back button or something.

10. Good point, got loads to choose from so will make some additions 🙂

11. What do you mean by this for collections? Do you have an example?

12. Thanks, great app! I hope it gets utilised.

13. Where/what pages would you recommend this being showcased? 

PS can always DHL you haha!

JonathanBecuase
Pathfinder
90 7 31

Hi @Sourdoughbakery 

Love the website - 

• Regularly test your site speed and ensure everything is loading correctly, definitely an overlooked spot
  • Optimize your product pages by adding banners that highlight promo codes or any special discounts, customer reviews or information about the product, directly on the product pages. This will help guide your customers through education on your products. There are some great examples here: https://www.becauseintelligence.com/blog/4-sales-promotions-to-try-today-to-increase-product-page-co... 
  • The banners would be amazing on highlighting your ingredients and how you make your bread 
  • Feature more photos on your story, why the company started and maybe behind the scenes 
Content Marketing - https://apps.shopify.com/because
Because: Grow your Shopify store revenue with Because product page banners