FROM CACHE - en_header

Looking for feedback on my new shop stockkit.org

MeetDBYourMaker
1 0 1

Hello Community,

i opened my stock footage store for video clips and would like some feedback on the functionality and user experience.

https://www.stockkit.org

Feedback on the animation / clip customizer builders would be particularly interesting for me.

Best regards
Dennis

DB
Replies 2 (2)
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 98

Hi, @MeetDBYourMaker.

Thanks for your message and for sharing the link to your shop. I really enjoyed taking a look through your shop, you should be really proud of this build. From a visitor's perspective, I really enjoyed the ease of use of your menu breakdowns as well as how to preview and download your clips. I also like how you have broken down your video categories at the bottom of your shop for quick access. One thing I would recommend is to add an about us section to your shop, this is a good way to build customer trust and retention while also teaching more about your brand story. If you are curious, we have a great guide here, that talks about writing an effective about us page that may be worth checking out.

I also like that you have included a lengthy privacy policy, however, unless I am missing the information I do not see any information on the use restrictions (if any) for the clips that your customers can purchase. Perhaps a FAQ page would be useful for customers who may have specific questions about your stock footage such as, where they are able to showcase it, and if they are able to re-sell etc. 

Overall, I really think you have a great shop here and I don't see anything glaring that I would suggest adding or changing. I would recommend focusing on driving traffic now, which I would be happy to offer you some additional resources for. I love sharing this fantastic article with our merchants that talks about ways to bring traffic into shops, it walks through important questions you should be asking about your brand/store such as:

• Is this a good product? A “good product” means that it’s good enough for your audience and passes their implicit cost benefit analysis
  • Is there a large target market? A market is a group of people already spending money on something. Are people buying the same type of product?
  • Is there an addressable target market? An addressable market is a group of people with visible shared qualities, already spending money on something. Is there a market segment you can focus on? 
  • Is there a great product story and/or compelling copy? You might have a clear “why” for the product in contrast to competitors, but you need to translate that pitch to compelling web copy. Does your product pitch resonate with them enough to purchase?
  • Is there a low-cost way to reach this audience? The goal should be to keep customer acquisition costs low. Are there multiple ways you can reach potential customers?

It then moves on to talk about different methods you can start utilizing to gain said traffic. For example:

- Facebook ads

Instagrams ads

Google Ads

I would also suggest reviewing our search engine optimization (SEO) overview guide. You can use (SEO) to improve the search engine ranking for your store and help customers find your products easier. There are many factors that can make your online store appear higher in browser search results:

• the number of natural (not paid or social media) links pointing to your store from other websites
  • the authority of the website based on engagement and other factors
  • the age of your domain name
  • website structure and content that is optimized for search engines

This guide walks through multiple ways you can improve your SEO to ensure your shop is accessible to as many customers as possible.

I hope some of these ideas help you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly with any questions you may have!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PageFly
Shopify Partner
3658 552 1898

Hi 

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendations for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants. 

I have just had a look at your store. Your store is pretty. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Make a sticky header

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.

If your page is long, when you scroll down, there is no quick way to come back to your menu, especially on mobile. You do not have an anchor button to “Back to the top”, so it makes it very inconvenient for customers to go back to your menu and see other pages, products, etc.

PageFly_0-1634205404489.png

2. Have a CTA button on the banner/ slideshow

One crucial thing for an online store's home page is a primary call to action. With this icon, you are going to redirect customers to the page where they mostly want to take action. This also helps your store to improve its conversion rate. 

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc.

I found that you have few CTA buttons now, but they are in the same style and other elements have the same color too. It makes your CTA are not focused.

PageFly_0-1634206731563.png

3. Add section about your brand story

A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. 

4. Add testimonial - customer reviews

• Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.
  • Reviews are crucial when it comes to shopping online. PageFly allows you to add testimonials and product reviews to the page in easy ways

Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials. Here is an example of testimonials and unique points that are displayed on our page templates, you can refer more.

I found an article for you about third-party apps that are 07 Tools to Boost Your Conversion Rates and the best reviews app for your store.

5. Check your spacing among sections

Some spaces are quite big, you should consider to reduce them, for example:

PageFly_1-1634206802052.png

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here: Personalize Your Homepage

By the way, the BFCM is on its way. What have you been doing to prepare for it? PageFly collaborated with Wilson Ho, Shopify Tech Partner Manager, to create this video that will share you insightful tips to boost sales and reveal secrets to warm your customers up through the whole year. Let's check it out!

Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies. If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark it as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages.

Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check out our Ecommerce Website Design ideas for 2022. 

Learn the quintessential strategy to bring your store online with An Evergreen Guide.