Overall, I am quite happy with how the website looks, I am trying to keep it clean, minimalistic and therefore make it seem like a representable upmarket brand (eventhough it's dropshipping based).
I would like some feedback based on where people think I could improve on, and I will let you know my honest opinions in return, whether it's an area I am working on already or something I have existing but not yet implemented etc.
Hey @UnfoundGroup site looks great.
I just tested a few behaviors on your store and would recommend setting up cart saver popups.
You can show these "on-exit" to users who have something in their cart and are about to abandon.
I also wanted to share our new tool (that just released yesterday): The Shopify Store Grader.
This tool will give you a free analysis of your website in 15 seconds.
And you'll get a list of more recommendations to help improve conversion on your website.
Hope this helps!
Hope the following suggestions will help you
I just left Privy 2 days back actually, I was not fully satisfied with the services and as soon as the trial ends all services are just dropped immediately.
Thanks for your offer in providing the time to look at the store but I have moved on to another provider.
Some of these options are things I would like to consider and fix, i.e page speed and the Quick Links in the footer, though I am using the Debut Theme and such customisation aren't quite doable to my understanding.
As of yet, I am looking at spending money on my website until I have some ROI, to which I rather focus my money into advertising and marketing the site and brand.
Some the options you have shown are very, IMO, horrible looking sites. As mentioned, I want to go for a minimalistic, classic modern site. Keeping to a more upmarket looking brand and not your everyday looking cheap, 'hey i have everything on one page'...
That being said, I do understand some points you've made
I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder.
Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store. It’s pretty. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!
1. Make a sticky header
Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.
You see, when you scroll down, there is no quick way to come back to your menu, especially on mobile. You do not have an anchor button to “Back to the top”, so it makes it very inconvenient for customers to go back to your menu and see other pages, products,ect. Please consider my suggestion above, you can make your header more choices in your menu with collections, it’s more attractive.
2. Improve your hero banner
The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. Your current images are pretty but I think we can improve it more, it doesn’t show the attractive products you have.
What should you do?
- Add a premium banner. It makes your site more professional and helps attract the attention of customers
- Display the products on the banner. As soon as they see your sign, let your customers know what you're selling. You can use slideshow, the other text color to make it highlighted.
3. Adjust more content on your homepage
Besides the hero banner, I suggest that you should add more information on your homepage. You should show your collections/product lists, 1 product detail. Creating a clean and pretty page with some CTA buttons leads customers to explore more or BUY NOW.
Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials. Here is an example of testimonials and unique points that are displayed on our page templates, you can refer more.
About the star under each product, you have few reviews, you should not show this app here till you increase them.
4. Consider to reduce some white space in your page:
To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here : Personalize Your Homepage
For more information, you can consider subscribing to our channel “Ecom Learning With PageFly” in which we provide you with actionable insights into building your own eCommerce business, including everything from Business Ideation, Product Research, Brand Building to proven eCommerce Marketing Strategies, Store Design and Conversion Rate Optimization Strategies.
I also have a video about picking winning Dropshipping products in June 2021 is out now. May it help!
We're here to help you thrive in the eCommerce world, one video at a time!
If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages.
Besides building attractive and powerful pages,you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies.
Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!
PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.
Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.
Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly
@UnfoundGroup, This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.
- Issue with navigation - Make your store easy to navigate. Add a sticky header with a drop-down menu. If your store will be easy to navigate it will help you to reduce the bounce rate.
- Reviews- Add reviews on the product page. It helps in building trust with other visitors.
- Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
- You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, sharing or following on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.
- Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. When they sign up, automatically welcome email and thank you email is sent. This helps you to retarget your customers according to their buying behavior and browsing behavior & helps you to automate your store and eliminate lots of manual work.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
I have just had a look at your store. Your store is pretty. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your website for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!
Store Credits : To increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards and store credits. Registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more.
Testimonial: It helps to show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews .
Social login : Its helps customers to login with Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Instagram, Linked in. Which helps to login easily.
You can add the item reviews under product page.
Hope this helps!
After review of you store, I will advise you to install some social proof apps on the store. Most of the buyers will not buy if they did not found the site authentic. For first time buyer's you have to win their trust and social proof are great way to achieve that.
Also, you have not added any push notification app pan your store.Push notifications have high conversion rate. Most of the visitors just leaves after adding product to cart without purchasing it. Push notifications are great way to remind them of their abandoned cart and nudge them to complete the purchase.
You are really missing out with this core functionality which could easily recover some lost sales for you.
There are plenty of app on appstore which are offering push notification either for free or for very reasonable price.
I will recommend https://apps.shopify.com/cartbite
This one is offering abandoned cart ,back in stock and price drop notification on push and emails.
If this is helpful please up vote the answer so that other merchants can get benefit from it too