Looking for feedback on my new shop, Whiskery: Independent Online Retailer for Fine Spirits

meiem
Tourist
3 0 3

Hi, I don't have any budgets to hire a professional developer so everything on this store was done by myself.

I would like to get some feedback on the add to cart --> checkout process and ease of navigation on the site or any other comments at all would be great!

I can take constructive direct criticism, so please just be direct and honest without the need to sugar coat anything.

Link to website here: www.whiskery.com.my

Thank you!

Replies 6 (6)
SalesCommander
Tourist
5 0 1

Ohh wow 

You did a great job in designing your store it is well design and captivating enough. So how are you trying to market your store for traffic and sales?

RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
973 135 727

Hi @meiem 

Congrats on your new store! I’m Richard Nguyen- CRO Expert at PageFly- Free Landing Page Builder. I’d like to give you some feedback and suggestions for over 100.000 merchants to help increase conversion rates for your store based on 5 years of experience.

I would like to give you some suggestions about your store so that you could consider changing and hope that the conversion rate is increased accordingly.

1. Sticky Header 

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.
So that when you scroll down, there is no quick way to come back to your menu, especially on mobile. You do not have an anchor button to “Back to the top”, so it makes it very inconvenient for customers to go back to your menu and see other pages, products, etc.

Whiskery- Independent Online Spirits & Wine Retailer 2021-09-25 16-23-17.png

2. Product List in Homepage and Collection page 

About the product list (both on Homepage and Collection page), I think we can improve on:

• Displaying a Secondary Thumbnail on Hover. Presenting a secondary thumbnail on hover is an effective way to provide extra visual information without cluttering list items.
  • Add Call-to-Action buttons in your product list like "Shop now" or "Add to cart". This helps customers be aware that the product list is clickable and they can purchase right on the Homepage or Collection page.

Cocktails – Whiskery 2021-09-25 16-10-13.png

3. Subscription section 

I like how you have the newsletter subscription section right at the very beginning of your page, it's like an introduction to how customers can interact with your store. However, it is hard to convince customers to subscribe when they have just arrived. You can add another subscription section at the end of the page, so after customers visit your store, check all the content from top to bottom and find it interesting, they can subscribe to the newsletter at where they are, at the end of the page, and don't have to scroll all the way up. 

4. About us section

I think this section is great with both image and text, display the paragraph on the right side with bullet styling and highlight the key point and a featured image of your company/product/customer on the left. But I think we can still have room for the CTA button that links to your About us Page. Even though you have a link to the About Us page in the header, but it won't be as much visible as a CTA button, which encourages customers to find out more about your brand and story. 

Whiskery- Independent Online Spirits & Wine Retailer 2021-09-25 16-15-44.png

5. Product page

• Provide more Product Images for All Products:
    Users heavily rely on a variety of product images to inspect and evaluate products and decide if the product matches what they are seeking, but are sometimes not provided with sufficient visual information. Always provide no fewer than 3–5 images for all products. For sites with vast product catalogs, focus more on providing sufficient images for the most important, most popular, and best-selling products.
  • Display or Link to the Return Policy from the Main Product Page Content
    Even if the return policy is located in the sitewide header or footer, it can be difficult to find. Customers will hesitate to shop online because they are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it. Return and exchange policy should be findable on the product page.
    The actual return policy, in particular, the duration and the payment of return shipping, is highly impactful to site conversions. However, you should take extra care to make your policy easy to read and clear for customers.

Negroni – Whiskery 2021-09-25 16-48-48.png

You can check out our templates for more inspiration for your page. Feel free to check our blog article as well. A Page Builder can be seen as a good choice for you to have an attractive and powerful page quickly. You will have lots more time focusing on strategies.
You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder to create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, also please take a look at this guide from PageFly about personalizing your Shopify store, hope it helps!
If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

AllFetch
Shopify Partner
645 60 246

Hi @meiem 

I have visited your store and here are my suggestions. Hope they are helpful to you!

Homepage

In general, your homepage looks clear and well-arranged. There are only a few things that you should improve it 

• Make sticky navigation menu: The first thing you can improve is to make a sticky navigation menu so that visitors can easily go through important sections. The constant presence of the menu bar reminds users that other pages, ones they probably need, are also available.
  • Activate Sticky cart: I recommend you to activate sticky cart on your website. This enhances the user experience and makes the checkout process simple and easy for them. Moreover, a sticky cart helps to increase the conversion rate by reducing cart abandonment. Try out this app Advanced Sticky Add To Cart for free

Product page

• Testimonials/ Customer review: Adding testimonials on your product page will be a good way to build trust and credibility from new customers. The majority of buyers are concerned about whether the products they purchase online are as attractive and high-quality as they appear on the website. As a result, previous customer feedback might have a significant impact on a potential customer's buying decision.
  • Create Bundles: It seems like you have various types of products. It is a good condition to apply an effective cross-sell method which is product bundles. You can create many product bundles with discounts to appeal to customers. Most customers are willing to buy bundles to get a lower total price. Therefore, don't miss this chance to sell more products and increase your sales. App Product Bundle Volume Discount can help you create bundles at ease. 

That’s all my suggestions for your store. Hope they are helpful to you

Happy selling!

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 10.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.
- Stay updated with AllFetch: Website / Youtube / AllFetch Community / Facebook / Twitter / Linkedin.
Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com
Mac
Shopify Staff
189 17 28

Hi, @meiem!

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your store link, I would be happy to provide you with some feedback on your shop!

I really enjoyed looking through your shop and products, it looks like you have a lot of great options for your customers. Your website has an excellent look and feel made of quality images and an organized navigation bar. Customers will be able to easily find what they are looking for and the check out experience is seamless. Also, adding your Instagram feed to your homepage was an awesome idea as this not only promotes your social media, but also adds movement to your theme. However, I did notice that your Instagram logo on your footer is resulting in a 404 error. You may want to go back to your footer menu and update the link to your correct page. 

If you’d like to add more movement, I suggest adding a rotating slideshow directly on your homepage so that you can share more material with your audience. It is also a great idea to add a blog to your website. Adding a blog can let you tell stories that convert visitors into customers, increase engagement and improve your store’s SEO. For instance, you can write about how to make certain cocktails or more about how certain alcohol is made. Feel free to check out this resource on the How to Start a Blog to view a step-by-step guide on what content to write about. 

I’d also love to know more about your business! How are you attracting new customers? Are you selling in multiple countries? If so, you can look to add a currency selector to your store. This allows your customers to choose their country or region from a drop-down list of countries, and all of the prices will be displayed in their currency. Check out our guide on adding a currency selector to learn more. 

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SirLancelot
Tourist
3 0 1

No too certain if you plan to advertise via Google. They may object to your line of products.

PranshuJo
Tourist
5 0 1

Here's my observation (reviewed it on Mobile phone)

1. If I add a product to the cart, it should not take me to the checkout page. Everytime I add it, a popup/ page appears with the items in the cart.

2. It should tell me how many quantities I can add for a product (what is "more"). Also, should not allow to keep clicking "+" once the limit is reached. See below

IMG_20210930_071332.jpg

3. The chat pop-up over the "Checkout" button, is a big No

IMG_20210930_071428.jpg