Looking for feedback on my new site

DesignStudio
Tourist
4 0 0

Hello!

I'm looking for general feedback on my new website. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

More specifically, how to boost conversions, increase my sales and customer base, and figure out how to work Google Analytics. I'm having issues on learning how to analyze customer behaviors and path events. Thanks in advance!

The website is:

DesignStudioByKris.com

Replies 5 (5)
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1279 178 854

Hi @DesignStudio,

This is PageFly - #1 Shopify Landing Page Builder. Nice to be here to provide my recommendation for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for over 100.000 active Shopify merchants. 

You can also refer to this article to get more tips to personalize your e-commerce store. Or this guide to know how to optimize conversion rate for your store. Seeing your visitors begin the checkout process then quit? And if you want to get tips to gain customer insight through Google Analytics, don't hesitate to check this guide.

Now let's take a look at your store. I want to give you some comments on your homepage. Because you know, homepage is the most important page to drive your customers' attraction in your store. No matter what the demand is, people are more likely to start their journey from a homepage.

You use a dark background for whole home page. This has advantages as well as disadvantages. It helps your content look more prominent if you know how to arrange layouts or use contrast color. It also make tiny mistake on your site become easy to see.

1)

You should make the menu navigation sticky.

A sticky menu helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. The menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

On our website, we also use a sticky header:

RichardNguyen_0-1628498189287.gif

This feature is available in some themes so you just need to enable it. In other cases, you may need support from the theme support team. Feel free to contact them.

2) 

You are not having a converting hero banner.

Hero banner is the first thing that visitors will see when they visit your site. This is a simple and straightforward way to instantly captivate visitors.

A converting hero banner is the one that helps visitors understand which product you are providing in the first 5 seconds they see it. So you should use a banner that shows your product.

Or you can feature a best-seller product on the hero banner as the B&H Photo did:

RichardNguyen_1-1628498380087.png

You also shouldn't use too much text on the banner. It makes visitors feel hard to scan your content. You know, they don't have time to read too much.

3)

The section "Feature collection" causes misleading.

When seeing that title, I think you will show product categories in your store, but you show products. So the title should be "Feature products".

Also, it is a good idea you can refer to that showing of all product categories on the top area of the page will helps visitors have an overview of kinds of product you are providing.

This also helps them easily find the product they want to buy without taking much time to finding around.

One example for you from our Decoz template:

RichardNguyen_0-1628500241336.png

4)

You should add a secondary image on product image.

Adding a secondary image on each product image will help customers be able to see more images of this product when hovering on it. This partly helps increase the conversion rate.

5)

Calculate spacing reasonably.

The spacing between elements in a section should not be bigger than the spacing between an element in one section and an element in another section.

For example, when scanning on your site, I thought the View all button belongs to the section below:

Home Decor and Custom Art - Design Studio By Kris 2021-08-09 15-50-04.png

6) 

Redesign the Our Policies section to make it look better.

You can refer to this layout:

Chloe - Collection – PageFly 2021-08-09 15-55-36.png

Add social media.

RichardNguyen_3-1628499408672.png

As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. By displaying social media such as Instagram (or Facebook, Twitter) and constantly update the feed.

If you want to do more customization for your store, you can consider using a Shopify page builder. PageFly is a great app that helps you easily customize your Shopify pages and make it more attractive.

If you find my comment useful, please tell me know by giving it a like. Thank you!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @DesignStudioThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here is the feedback on your store: 

- Add quick links in the footer menu. It includes privacy/ returns, refund/ shipping policy/ about us/ contact us. 

- I would recommend you to go for a light theme. 

- Add a section of trending and new products to attract customers to browse more products. 

- Add an announcement bar with a call to action button on it to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on & make them take action from it.

- You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

- Retarget customers with the help of push notification to reach your customers directly. 

Hope you found my suggestions helpful!

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
DesignStudio
Tourist
4 0 0

This is all such great advice. Thank you so much for the feedback!

DesignStudio
Tourist
4 0 0

That's awesome,  thank you for the tips!

AllFetch
Shopify Partner
713 68 272

Hi 

I have visited your store and here are my suggestions. Hope they are helpful to you^^

• Homepage

I think you should add a sale off price for products displaying on the homepage because it is a good way to stimulate customers to buy. An appealing product with a good quality image and reasonable price wins customers’ hearts. 

Screenshot (28).png

Besides, you can put the Add to cart button below all products on the homepage and activate a Sticky cart on all pages so that customers can easily check out their cart. This tool can also reduce abandonment rate and thereby increase your sales a lot. Try out the Free app Advanced Sticky Add To Cart to activate the Add to cart button, Sticky cart, Sticky bar in your store.

• Testimonials

I think it will be great if you put Customer Reviews/ Testimonials on your homepage. It helps build trust and credibility for your new customers. Testimonials can motivate new customer buying decisions, which is critical for lowering bounce rates and shopping cart abandonment.

• Add Instagram gallery on your Shopify Store

I see that you have a business Instagram account which is great to integrate your Instagram with your store. Turn your Instagram feed into a shoppable gallery and let your followers shop right from the posts. Displaying beautiful shoppable Instagram galleries throughout your site will aid in product discovery, inspiration, and sales. Link your Instagram profile to your store and convert your followers into customers. App Instagram Shoppable Feed can help you at ease and free. 

• Product page

I notice that you have various types of products. Take this chance to improve your sales by adding frequently bought together products. It is an effective cross-sell method that helps you sell more products. You can totally customize or set up random products in frequently bought together widgets. Check out PRO Frequently Bought Together, this app may help you.

Some watermarks in the product page seem quite small and dim. You can resize and change their color to be more noticeable.

dim.png

That’s all my suggestions for your store. If you find them helpful, please give me a like

Happy selling!

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 15.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com