Looking for feedback on my new store The Donatsu Shop - traffic but no sales

Solved
Donatsu
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi! It's been 5 days since I opened my store. I know it's not a long time but still, I expected better results 🙂 As you can see below, less than 1% added anything to the cart, even though I had a 15% off discount for these 5 days during the 'big opening'. I'm worried it might be because the products are not visible (I chose black background cause I think it adds a lot of style and personality), the website is not trustworthy and so on. I added the About Us page. And now I'm working on improving product descriptions - but I know I have an issue right at the beginning of the funnel and right at the end - probably shipping price. I am running IG ads (my Instagram account has currently 500 followers so I think people I have there are only people truly interested in my brand). My questions here - how is the visibility of the site? Should the background be changed? What other issues do you see? Are the prices too high? What might stop people from adding to the cart? Please, give me honest feedback.

Donatsu_0-1608421377725.png

Donatsu_1-1608421407850.png

My store link is in the signature! Thanks a lot!

Donatsu from thedonatsushop.com
Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @Donatsu, here are some suggestions:

- Add reviews on the product page. Reviews are very important. It helps in building trust with other visitors.

Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- Add a discount pop up. Entice customers with discounts.

- Add web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Make your store professional. For conversion, you need to engage your visitors coming on your site. Make your website interactive and increase engagement on your website. This will help you in customer retention. If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand. It will reduce the bounce rate and will boost your sales. 

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

View solution in original post

PageFly
Shopify Partner
2485 341 1665

Hi @Donatsu 

I'm from PageFly team, and first of all, congratulations on your new store!!

I have to say that your store has a unique appearence and I really like it, but I have some feedback on your store and I hope it can help you somehow.

1. Consider using a sticky header for better navigation. Using a fixed menu bar will help people navigate to other pages when they scroll down a page.

cvcv.jpg

2. Move your products or collections to right under the banner images. When I landed on your site, your banner is great and has clear headings and CTA buttons, but you can place your best collections right under the banners so that people can see what you can offer them immediately and they can click on the product to see.

xcxxv.jpg

3. Consider changing the background color of your product page. I love your brand color black and purple, but I can see that you have a lot of products that have black colors, and your background is also black, so when I click on a product page to see product images, the color of the product somehow blend in the color of the background, so I sometimes, I can't see your product clearly. Maybe that's one of the reasons why people hesitate to click on the buy button. Because they can't see a product properly. You can keep your homepage with a black background, but for product pages and collection pages, you can change to a different color that still matches your brand color but would be easier for people to look at your products.

fdsf.jpg

4. You should improve the speed of your store.  I did a test on Google Pagespeed Insights, the result on mobile and desktop are not so high. So you can consider resizing your images, choose images with .JPG or JPEG files instead of .PNG files, and remove unnecessary CSS and Javascript. The speed affects the conversion rate a lot, so you can pay attention to that.

cvc.jpgxv.jpg

And that's my feedback.

If you find it helpful, you can give it a like or mark it as a solution. Good luck with your new store!!!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Donatsu, here are some suggestions:

- Add reviews on the product page. Reviews are very important. It helps in building trust with other visitors.

Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- Add a discount pop up. Entice customers with discounts.

- Add web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Make your store professional. For conversion, you need to engage your visitors coming on your site. Make your website interactive and increase engagement on your website. This will help you in customer retention. If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand. It will reduce the bounce rate and will boost your sales. 

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

PageFly
Shopify Partner
2485 341 1665

Hi @Donatsu 

I'm from PageFly team, and first of all, congratulations on your new store!!

I have to say that your store has a unique appearence and I really like it, but I have some feedback on your store and I hope it can help you somehow.

1. Consider using a sticky header for better navigation. Using a fixed menu bar will help people navigate to other pages when they scroll down a page.

cvcv.jpg

2. Move your products or collections to right under the banner images. When I landed on your site, your banner is great and has clear headings and CTA buttons, but you can place your best collections right under the banners so that people can see what you can offer them immediately and they can click on the product to see.

xcxxv.jpg

3. Consider changing the background color of your product page. I love your brand color black and purple, but I can see that you have a lot of products that have black colors, and your background is also black, so when I click on a product page to see product images, the color of the product somehow blend in the color of the background, so I sometimes, I can't see your product clearly. Maybe that's one of the reasons why people hesitate to click on the buy button. Because they can't see a product properly. You can keep your homepage with a black background, but for product pages and collection pages, you can change to a different color that still matches your brand color but would be easier for people to look at your products.

fdsf.jpg

4. You should improve the speed of your store.  I did a test on Google Pagespeed Insights, the result on mobile and desktop are not so high. So you can consider resizing your images, choose images with .JPG or JPEG files instead of .PNG files, and remove unnecessary CSS and Javascript. The speed affects the conversion rate a lot, so you can pay attention to that.

cvc.jpgxv.jpg

And that's my feedback.

If you find it helpful, you can give it a like or mark it as a solution. Good luck with your new store!!!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @Donatsu,

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, onto my feedback..

First off, I can tell you've put a lot of effort into designing your store and I like that you have established a target audience. 

When designing your store, you need to put personal preference aside and instead choose your colors, theme, products and etc. based on what appeals to your target audience.

screencapture-thedonatsushop-collections-sweatshirts-1-2020-12-21-09_41_53.png

The purple and bright white text against a black background is hard on the eyes. Also, your sweatshirts fade into the background which I'm sure you know isn't good, you want your products to stand out.

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

Donatsu
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you for your advice! I did almost all you can check how it looks now and tell me what you think. I don't know how to make reviews on the product page yet, same with exit popups (I'm trying to use only free apps). If you have any recommendations for apps please let me know!

Donatsu from thedonatsushop.com
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Donatsu, AiTrillion has a free plan. You can check it here: Free Plan

Thanks