FROM CACHE - en_header

Looking for feedback on my new store www.tindymindy.com

Tindy
2 0 1

Dear Community, 

Request your valuable feedback on my new store www.tindymindy.comhttps://www.tindymindy.com/

Thanks in advance. 

Regards

Team Tindy Mindy. 

Replies 5 (5)
Joshua_Addy
Tourist
15 0 1

Firstly, congratulations on having your current Shopify eCommerce store and for taking a bold step of having your passive source of making income. I have thoroughly gone through and analyzed your store regarding your needs to scale your store productivity/performances and below are what I observed to help you scale your store and be more productive

+2349151875713
ShawnMulligan
Tourist
4 0 2

I would eliminate the banner on the right to see the tie-dye collection. It distracts from being on the site.

I'd also look for an app that helps to make all your photos the same dimensions. On the #justin page you have square photos and rectangle photos and it just makes the page feel a bit messy. Also I get more of a photo collage feel than products to buy since you have to scroll over for the name and price.

As a customer I want to know those things right away.  And would like an option to just search for womens or kids etc...

I'd also make your store logo a little bit bigger.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @Tindy,

Congratulations on the launch of your store! I've taken a look through and have some feedback for you.

tindymindy-01.png

POP UPS
Your store was a little busy upon landing, I noticed a lot of things vying for my attention upon landing. You have your notifications request, your pop-out on the right-hand side and your newsletter popup. When the person first lands we don't want to present them with several moving, bright colored things that say "do this! click this! sign up for this!" At this point they haven't had a chance to look at your products and see if they are interested. Instead you want to think, okay, what are my top three priorities for this visit? For example, it might be: 1. Make a sale 2. Get a newsletter sign up 3. Have them follow me on social media.

When you are contemplating adding these things to your website, ask yourself, does this help achieve one of these goals or does it distract from one of these goals? The next step is strategically presenting them at the right time, on the right page. So for example, with the newsletter pop-up, it would be better to have that pop up with a discount when a person clicks on the checkout button.

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

EcomGeeks_0-1625765135293.png

NAVIGATION
Your navigation is confusing for a few reasons. 1, you are using hashtags. 2, you have some of your navigation on the fuchsia bar and the rest in the hamburger menu. My concern is that your visitors will only notice the fuchsia bar and therefore see limited products.

tinymindy-02.png

PRODUCT ORGANIZATION
I’d recommend organizing your products into collections so that your customers can find what they are looking for. Here is a video showing you how to create collections:

THEME
I’d recommend a theme change. I know it’s no small task, however, the visitor's first impression establishes whether they feel your store is trustworthy or not. I would highly recommend Debutify, you can download it for free or upgrade to one of their paid plans in order to gain access to their add-ons. They have 53 add-ons that will definitely save you money on monthly app costs. Some of my favorites are collection filters, custom currencies, delivery time and trust badges. We did a review on the theme in this video if you want to take a look:

PS: If you decide to give Debutify a try, here is our affiliate link: https://debutify.sjv.io/c/2837919/972143/12660

Using our affiliate link helps support us at no extra cost to you by telling Debutify we sent you. 

POD PRODUCTS
This is something we see very commonly on the forums. People tend to start shops selling Print on demand (POD) designs on hoodies, shirts, tote bags and etc. Print on demand products tend to work well for people with large followings. Ie. popular YouTubers, Instagram influencers, etc. When you don’t have an existing following of die-hard fans that want to wear your merch, it’s a hard sell.
The POD design mistakes we see most commonly are:

1. Designs that are already commonly sold
  2. Brands using their own logo (when no one knows who they are)
  3. Unique designs, however, there is no demand for that type of product (and no one knows about them.)

When you are an unknown brand, it’s really difficult to sell POD products. As you know, shirts, hoodies, tote bags and etc. can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a hoodie or tshirt in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local.In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery. I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store. 

If you cannot find a way to set yourself apart in the market, it is time to move on to a different product. What we recommend is selling winning products. A winning product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.
  4. Good profit margin. We recommend 3x what it costs you for the product.

We did a video that explains how and where to find winning products that you can watch here:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try (one of the methods we recommend for finding winning products), here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp

Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

We regularly post a selection of winning products on our YouTube channel, here is our latest one:

If you’d like to see more, consider subscribing.

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment. This is a service we offer so if you are interested, you can click here for more information.

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information.
If you are concerned that displaying longer shipping times will turn people off, what I would say is long-term, you want happy customers so it's better to say up front, "hey, this could take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive" rather than not giving a shipping time and then getting an email 2 weeks later from an unhappy customer wondering where their package is.

POD TIP
I'd recommend comparing several POD websites for which offers the best profit margins. You can and may choose to have a different supplier for each product.

When searching, compare Gooten, Printify, Teelaunch and Printful for the best price so that you can offer your audience a great price and still be able to make a decent profit as well.

Printful: https://apps.shopify.com/printful
Printify: https://apps.shopify.com/printify
Gooten: https://apps.shopify.com/gooten
Teelaunch: https://apps.shopify.com/teelaunch-1

Also, here are a few POD products you might consider printing on:

I think you’d benefit from our free guide “5 Step Fix for High Traffic & No Sales”. In the guide we give tips for a profitable ad strategy, tell you how to generate free traffic, share design tricks to transform your Shopify store into a professional, trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and how/where to find winning products. You can download the free guide here. I’d also like to invite you to join our private Facebook group. We share winning products, dropshipping tips and you can interact with other members of the dropshipping community. Click here to join.

If you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1365 193 871

Hi @Tindy,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder.

Congrats on your new store. I have to say that I quite love it, and bet that you must have put a lot of time and effort into it. However, I'd like to give you some suggestions with the hope that it would be helpful to you:

I- Home page

- I think instead of listing all your product on your home page, you could consider listing the best-selling/featured products or collection so the visitors would not feel overwhelmed when visiting your store in the first place. 

Implementing Testimonials like Customer reviews, video testimonial,... should be taken into consideration since it is an effective way to expand your brand trust.

II- Collection pages

- You should provide filters like filter by Price, Color, User rating average...By doing so, users will be able to assess the products based on their priority criteria easier.

- You should consider displaying a secondary thumbnail image on hover, it is an effective way to provide extra visual information during customers’ product browsing process. It will help customers a lot in assessing products from the product list.

- You should use swatches to indicate color variations: Color is considered an important factor to users’ purchasing decisions. If people are not aware of color variations of products right from the list items, they will overlook such potential products even if they have product variations.

You should include both the user rating average and number of ratings on the product list items. This is one of the crucial elements for users’ purchasing decisions. They will rely on both to decide whether they should explore further a product.

III- Product pages

Product images are essential elements for users to judge products- if products do not display enough images, users will not be able to get a full sense of products and will be reluctant to purchase. Therefore, you should have at least 3-5 product images for all products besides just “Cut Out” images.

- I would recommend you use color swatches instead of drop-down color selectors, since when we use color swatches, users will recognize available colors come with your products easier.

It is recommended that you style the Product Price to be more visible like increasing the font size since I see that the product title is overwhelmingly noticeable, while the product price is also one of the most important criteria for users when they are evaluating a product.

Besides that, we have a lot of best practices and tips for conversion rate optimization on this guide. Hope you will be interested in.

You can also check out PageFly, we have brought solutions to over 100k merchants in the world, which you can build professional and beautiful stores effectively, without needing any coding knowledge. 

Above is my recommendation on your store. If you find it helpful please hit LIKE and MARK AS SOLUTION. 

Best of luck!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @TindyThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are few suggestions on your store that you can start working on:

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.

- Add a newsletter signup box in the footer. 

- Make your store both mobile and desktop responsive. 

- You need to work on the product page layout. It looks too unorganized.

- Add a review section on the product page as maximum number of customers read reviews before making a purchase.

- You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, sharing or following on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.

Add trust badges in your store. With the help of trust badges, customers will know that all the processes taking place are safe and secure. 

Hope this helps!

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.