Looking for feedback on my new store.

Solved
Chri5_11
2 0 1

I recently created a new dropshipping store and have been running some social media ads which have generated a good amount of traffic, but my problem is that not many of the visitors are converting into sales. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Store link: turboshowerhead.com

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
TeamSpocket
Trailblazer
155 10 24

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Chri5_11 ,

How are you?  I like the fact that you only focus on one product. For this it would be best to simply remove the "catalog" menu on your header and replace it with a direct link to the product page.  It's also best to create a dedicated page for your policies (Shipping, Returns, Privacy etc).

If you have enough traffic but no sales. I suggest checking your Shopify Admin > Order > abandoned checkout.

Check if there are customers who abandoned their checkouts. You can also see it here if the customer abandoned the checkout due to a technical issue (the payment gateway is not working), so this is something to keep in mind.  If you have lots of customers who abandoned their checkout, considering customizing your abandoned checkout email. You can offer a promotion/discount to entice them to go back. 

Have you tried Spocket? It's a dropshipping app that allows you to import high-quality products from our suppliers around the world. We also have suppliers located in UK and Europe, Just in case you consider adding more products to sell. You can sign up here for a free Spocket account and browse our catalogs of products.  You can also check our success stories on some of our retailers. 

Cheers,
Spencer and the Spocket team

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)
CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @Chri5_11 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.
  • People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Also, consider, however, adding a Shop Now button to your banner, which will take you directly to the relevant product page.

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

• I see that your store doesn’t have a Favicon. Having a favicon on your website is crucial. It makes your site recognizable on browser tabs, but it too gives a professional look to your website.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
Chri5_11
2 0 1

Thank you very much for your feedback! I’ll take it on board and look to make some improvements.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @Chri5_11This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

- Add a buy now button on the product page. 

AiTrillion_0-1630649587009.png

- Add a privacy, returns & refund, shipping policy. 

- Add a banner image on the homepage with a call to action button. 

Add an announcement bar with a call to action button on it to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on & make them take action from it.

- You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

- Add a web push notification- It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store.

To add the above marketing engagement tools to optimize the conversions of your store there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
TeamSpocket
Trailblazer
155 10 24

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Chri5_11 ,

How are you?  I like the fact that you only focus on one product. For this it would be best to simply remove the "catalog" menu on your header and replace it with a direct link to the product page.  It's also best to create a dedicated page for your policies (Shipping, Returns, Privacy etc).

If you have enough traffic but no sales. I suggest checking your Shopify Admin > Order > abandoned checkout.

Check if there are customers who abandoned their checkouts. You can also see it here if the customer abandoned the checkout due to a technical issue (the payment gateway is not working), so this is something to keep in mind.  If you have lots of customers who abandoned their checkout, considering customizing your abandoned checkout email. You can offer a promotion/discount to entice them to go back. 

Have you tried Spocket? It's a dropshipping app that allows you to import high-quality products from our suppliers around the world. We also have suppliers located in UK and Europe, Just in case you consider adding more products to sell. You can sign up here for a free Spocket account and browse our catalogs of products.  You can also check our success stories on some of our retailers. 

Cheers,
Spencer and the Spocket team

Growave
Shopify Partner
1526 49 434

Hi @Chri5_11 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Welcome to Shopify and congratulations on opening a new store. If you have generated a good amount of traffic, but conversions are low, it means store visitors find your shop unreliable. Therefore, I would suggest you focus on social proof and customer trust.  Consider implementing eCommerce marketing tools in order to increase your sales and drive traffic. I hope my recommendations would help.

• Implement Social Login 

Social Login provides easier access to a customer's account and enables creating an account within one click through social media account. Attach Social Login buttons anywhere on your Shopify site and enable one-click sign-up or login to your online store. You can let customers log in using their Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yahoo, Tumblr, Instagram, or Amazon accounts.

• Add Loyalty and Reward program

The Loyalty and Rewarding program motivate shoppers to engage more meaningfully with the brand. It allows you to strengthen the customer relationship, increase repeat purchases, turn your customers into loyal advocates, and treat the most loyal customers with the VIP treatments. All those actions are designed to drive high-value purchasing behaviors. On the rewards page, you can include points, referral programs, and VIP tiers. Depends on you. In general, it all can help to turn your customers into loyal clients and directly impact your repeat purchases as well as improve retention. One of the most useful features of the Rewards system is the Referral program.  

• Add referral program

Once you got your first clients, try to attract more orders through existing ones. Therefore, I recommend using a referral program in order to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Through a referral program, you encourage your customers to help grow your brand community.

55.png

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at affordable price, try  Growave.  We have 5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, a shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test all-in-one marketing platform Growave for free, press Growave