FROM CACHE - en_header

Looking for feedback on my NEW store!

Solved
shanieandsophie
Tourist
3 0 1

Can you all offer any suggestions for improvement on my new shop Shanie and Sophie . My daughter and I a launched February 14th. We've had 7 sales so far.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
S_Tap
Tourist
6 1 3

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @shanieandsophie,

Congratulations on your store. I am here to give you precise feedback on some things that can be helpful for making your store excel sales:

• Upgradation in Footer: There is so much empty space in the footer. The logo needs to be resized, as it is very small. There is a Newsletter section that is missing and needs to be displayed on every page (specific product page, collection pages, the home page, & checkout page, etc.) This will give your customers a way to be aware of what product you are going to launch or what discounts you are providing. Contact – shanieandsophie (1).png
  • Upgradation in basic fonts: Although, you have done a nice job in selecting the font styles. But, what matters to increase the beauty of fonts is the readability factor. The more the font is readable, the more customers will enjoy seeing your product. Shanie and Sophie – shanieandsophie.png
  • About Us: The "About Us" page is the page that connects your customers or anyone landing on your website, to you. Your customers get to know the hard work/journey you have done/completed. You should consider adding one to your website.
  • Live Chat options: There are many customers who want to interact live at the time of shopping. They need to communicate instantly with you guys. So you need to add some sort of aid to them. I would recommend Tidio. This can help you.
  • Missing Search Experience & Proper filter: I would recommend you to try SearchTap.io, a Fast & Relevant Search Solution for your users that will enhance their search Experience. It comes with several features like Accurate & Ultra Fast search results, smart dynamic filters, typo tolerance, Synonyms & many more. SearchTap also enhances the mobile experience which is the major contribution to the e-commerce industry. You need to add more products so that your users can get a variety of wonderful products they need.

I hope my feedback would give you a better understanding of some points where you can excel with your store.

If you found my words of some help to you, then please give it a thumbs-up and accept my solution if it can help you. This will motivate me to help & contribute to other Shopify stores like yours in the Shopify community.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1600 250 934

Hi @shanieandsophie 

Congrats on your new store! I’m Richard Nguyen- CRO Expert at PageFly- Free Landing Page Builder. I’d like to give you some feedback and suggestions for over 100.000 merchants to help increase conversion rates for your store based on 5 years of experience.

I like how you have:

• Have sticky Header
  • Have a clear and CTA button on the banner
  • Have secondary hover images on the Collection page
  • Display social feed on the home page
  • Have clear Shipping and Refund information
  • Allow Customer to leave a review on Product page

Besides these things, I have some comments and suggestions for you:

1. Homepage

1.1. The Hero banner 

This is the first thing customers see when landing on your sites. This section should be impressive enough and tell them who you are, your brand identity and what you sell. 

Carousels can perform okay, though there are many implementation details to get right to avoid frustrating users. Carousel slides should autorotate, but not too quickly (especially if they include text), and autorotation should temporarily pause while hovered and permanently pause after any user interaction. Which I think the theme setting did just right. 

However, you should consider moderating the content on the carousel. The Collection slides are great. But you should add a slide about the introduction of your brand. And this second slide, I think it should be added to a trusted banner section. 

This Trusted banner section should summarize and highlight core product and brand features, including key product details and attributes, free shipping available, and return policy information on the homepage.

Shanie and Sophie – shanieandsophie 2022-03-09 09-56-43.png

Always Highlight Core Product and Brand Features on the Homepage. Because customers are quick to evaluate not only a site’s product catalog, but also the brand’s policies, value proposition, and trustworthiness, from the homepage, and lack of clarity towards any of these concerns can result in premature abandonment.

1.2. Feature a Broad Range of Product Types on the Homepage
Many first-time customers rely on the homepage content to interpret the type of site they’ve landed on, as well as the diversity of products available, and misinterpretations during this first glance can lead to abandonment. Consider replacing the sold-out product on Homepage with available ones.

Feature a sufficiently broad range of product types on your homepage (aim for at least 40% of product types). On mobile text links can be used in place of or in addition to images and thumbnails.

Shanie and Sophie – shanieandsophie 2022-03-09 10-54-43.png

2. Product page

2.1. Display or Link to the Return Policy from the Main Product Page Content
Even if the return policy is located in the sitewide header or footer, it can be difficult to find. Customers will hesitate to shop online because they are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it. Return and exchange policy should be findable on the product page.
The actual return policy, in particular, the duration and the payment of return shipping, is highly impactful to site conversions. However, you should take extra care to make your policy easy to read and clear for customers.

6 Inch Be Happy Blue White and Gold Jasper Gemstone Pendant Stretch Br – shanieandsophie 2022-03-09 09-55-18.png

2.2. Provide Images of Accessory, Apparel on a Human Model
For apparel and cosmetics, users need an understanding of how the product will look on their own body (or face) before they feel comfortable purchasing, and “Cut Out”, “In Scale”, and other common image types frequently fail to provide this visual information.

Provide images of products worn by a human model for apparel, accessory, and cosmetics products. For cosmetics, provide multiple images featuring models of diverse skin tones.

2.2. Provide a Cross-Sell Section that Only Contains Alternative Products

If a specific product falls short of a user’s exact requirements, it can be difficult to find better alternatives in a vast product catalog.

Provide at least one separate cross-sell section that suggests only alternative products.

You can check out our templates for more inspiration for your page. 

Also, I see that you don't have an About Us page. Please check this Guide about About Us page.

The About Us page for your Shopify store gives you the opportunity to do exactly that: a chance to be relatable to your visitors and, with luck, inspire or touch them with your personal history or story. It may seem like the About Us page is a residual necessity that everyone should include on their store.

A Page Builder can be seen as a good choice for you to have an attractive and powerful page quickly. You will have lots more time focusing on strategies.
You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder to create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, also please take a look at this guide from PageFly, hope it helps!
If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store.

Daniel
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
680 46 114

Hi there, @shanieandsophie

Welcome to Shopify and congratulations! You guys are not even a month in and you already have 7 sales and counting. Definitely something to be proud of and this initiative to ask for help is definitely going to keep that momentum going. 

You definitely can't go wrong with what @RichardNguyen has suggested here as well. As one of our top contributors, his advice is definitely sound especially with providing your return and refund policy to your customers with much ease. Transparency tends to build trust with your customers. 

One thing on my end that I noticed is your logo. It might be worth considering picking a brighter color that stands out more. It currently gets washed with the background but this is just a personal observation. I also noticed that you might be using a Shopify made theme. If so, feel free to checkout this link regarding our Design Policy that you may qualify for. 

I also found this outside resource regarding selling jewelry for you to look at. The article gives us 12+ stores to learn from and possibly get some tips for your own store. Definitely worth the read. 

Nonetheless, for a store that just started not even a month ago, the site looks so great and very representative of what you guys are selling. I also see so many sold out bracelets as well! Really great start you guys. To many more sales!

Daniel | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

waytoapps
Shopify Partner
742 68 264

Hello @shanieandsophie 

Hope you are safe and doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

• Sticky header: If the header can be fixed and the menu remains visible, users can easily move to other parts of your website without having to scroll all the way to the very top. Sticky navigation might help improve user experience. Make sure the options on sticky header very clear and visible.
  • Add about us, blog pages on the header section.
  • Display testimonials/reviews on the homepage.
  • Include blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.
  • Make social links open on new tab.
  • Add email subscription field on the footer section.
  • Update contact page with more details, it builds trust on your store.
  • There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies. 
  • You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.
  • You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store which provides seamless integration between Shopify-Etsy shop. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.
Thanks,
Waytoapps
AliReviews
Shopify Partner
214 31 127

Hi @shanieandsophie, thank you for leaving a store URL. We must say that we're impressive with the way your store was set up. Congrats on your first sales!! Here are some of our comments on trivial things you can look into:

1. Consistent and easy-to-read font

We suggest you should only use no more than 2 fonts (they also need to be consistent with each other) and it'd be better if your chosen fonts were simple, suited to your products, easy-to-read it's best not to use too many calligraphy fonts (except for very specific products/ niches)

AliReviews_0-1646819641948.png

AliReviews_1-1646820059850.png

2. Separate Featured products and Featured collections

AliReviews_2-1646820088246.png

3. Don't hesitate to place a Testimonial section

Showing your visitors what other buyers/ fans said about your brands and products is a great way to start getting their trust and attention. Don't forget to display photos of buyers using your products along with reviews and rating stars.

AliReviews_3-1646820199461.png

The idea of showing Instagram layouts is very impressive and creative! Kudos to you!

Hope this helps!

If you think our comment is of great help, don't forget to give us a Like! Your support would mean a lot to us and motivate us to contribute more to the Shopify community!

AliReviews: Top Review Solution Package For E-Commerce
- Check out our blog for free e-commerce tips and tricks.
- Contact us: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Reddit | Youtube
- A product of FireApps.io
S_Tap
Tourist
6 1 3

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @shanieandsophie,

Congratulations on your store. I am here to give you precise feedback on some things that can be helpful for making your store excel sales:

• Upgradation in Footer: There is so much empty space in the footer. The logo needs to be resized, as it is very small. There is a Newsletter section that is missing and needs to be displayed on every page (specific product page, collection pages, the home page, & checkout page, etc.) This will give your customers a way to be aware of what product you are going to launch or what discounts you are providing. Contact – shanieandsophie (1).png
  • Upgradation in basic fonts: Although, you have done a nice job in selecting the font styles. But, what matters to increase the beauty of fonts is the readability factor. The more the font is readable, the more customers will enjoy seeing your product. Shanie and Sophie – shanieandsophie.png
  • About Us: The "About Us" page is the page that connects your customers or anyone landing on your website, to you. Your customers get to know the hard work/journey you have done/completed. You should consider adding one to your website.
  • Live Chat options: There are many customers who want to interact live at the time of shopping. They need to communicate instantly with you guys. So you need to add some sort of aid to them. I would recommend Tidio. This can help you.
  • Missing Search Experience & Proper filter: I would recommend you to try SearchTap.io, a Fast & Relevant Search Solution for your users that will enhance their search Experience. It comes with several features like Accurate & Ultra Fast search results, smart dynamic filters, typo tolerance, Synonyms & many more. SearchTap also enhances the mobile experience which is the major contribution to the e-commerce industry. You need to add more products so that your users can get a variety of wonderful products they need.

I hope my feedback would give you a better understanding of some points where you can excel with your store.

If you found my words of some help to you, then please give it a thumbs-up and accept my solution if it can help you. This will motivate me to help & contribute to other Shopify stores like yours in the Shopify community.

Have a nice day!

shanieandsophie
Tourist
3 0 1

First I would like to thank you for hit spamming me apps or services and for actually providing feedback. Gonna implement these changes today.