Looking for feedback on my shop... BayouLegacy.com

jmstrick
Excursionist
17 0 6

Would like feedback on the theme and overall design as well as ease of navigation.

What looks good and what needs to change?  

Thanks!

Replies 4 (4)
collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
220 26 95

Hi @jmstrick 

Thank you for sharing! I just browsed through your store and it is looking good - I can see you have done a lot of work on it. I like that you have listed all your collections on the main menu for easy navigation.

I do have some suggestions to improve the customer experience

1. Make the main header sticky - so when a customer is down the page. They won't have to scroll up to the top to access the main navigation of your store. This makes it easier for customers to access the main navigation easily and improves the customer experience.

collinsmbaka_0-1634074796836.png

2. Engage with your customers and visitors - I will suggest adding a Live chat, you want to reach out to your visitors and show that you're ready to answer any question they might have. If you added a Live chat that launched after 60 seconds of someone landing on your store that asks, “How can I help you today?”. The idea here is to engage and show your visitors that you're available to answer their questions.

3. Add a Quickview option on the products on your collection and home pages: Having a Quickview option on your collection page will make it easier for your customers to view more of your products. When your customers are able to easily preview and read the product details without going to the product page, they are more likely to view more products and which in turn can increase their chances of making a purchase. The Quickview should have all the details on the product page like a pop modal that can easily be closed

4. Use color/image swatches to display your product variants on the product page - This makes it easier for your customers to see all the available variants and also improves the aesthetics of the product page.

collinsmbaka_1-1634074977389.png

I will also suggest displaying the product variants on the collections page as well - when you show your variants on the collection page, it does not show improve the store aesthetics but it also makes it easy for your customers to discover all the available options. See an example of how variants are displayed on the collections as swatches.

collinsmbaka_1-1629390088302.png

5. Show Estimated Delivery Date and Shipping Date - Many customers don’t want to wait until checkout to know when they’ll receive their order, and showing the Estimated Delivery Date helps users to estimate when they can expect to receive their order. Add the delivery-date estimate, or delivery-date range, within the product page, it should be close to your "buy" button. For example; “Standard Shipping — 3 business days. Get it by Oct 15”.

Cheers!

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2485 341 1664

Hi @jmstrick,

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my advice for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

I have just taken a quick look at your website and I picked up some plus points are:

• Have a favicon for your store - which makes your store look unique and professional.
  • Having a prominent search bar right on the header

However, I would like to give you some suggestions about your store so that you could consider changing and hope that the conversion rate is increased accordingly

1. Have a sticky menu: 

This helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the navigation bar anytime they want.  

PageFly_0-1634098837342.png

2. Replace the featured image

It is of great importance that the featured image should describe what you are selling within the 5 first minutes of accessing your store. Or else, the customers are likely to drop out and the bounce rate will be unexpectedly increased accordingly.

PageFly_1-1634098838058.png

Another crucial step you should take here is to make the section full-width. It would be much more professional then, I promise.

3. Place a CTA button on the featured image

As you might know, a primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, probably enhancing the conversion rates. 

PageFly_2-1634098838366.png

At this part, it would be such a loss if you forget to put an outstanding CTA button on this featured image. So, please add it right away! Moreover, kindly keep in mind that all CTA buttons should have the same styling to boost your conversion rate

4. Adjust the padding

As you can see in the screenshot below, there seems to be much white space on 2 sides of the content and it makes the content easily overlooked. Therefore, please reduce the padding here.

PageFly_3-1634098837542.png

5. Create a chessboard layout

In my opinion, it would be more ideal if you could create a chessboard layout here for the section. You might need to change the image I highlighted and create that layout. I bet your store outlook would be much more appealing to the customers.

PageFly_4-1634098837997.png

6. Display hover image for products/collections

You should display the collection more evenly in this section. Also, please add the hover image for the collection. I think it could make your customers more curious about the options you provide.

PageFly_5-1634098838551.png

7. Reorder the footer

I highly recommend you put the newsletter box out of the footer. And reorder the Quick links again to save some spaces for other contents

PageFly_6-1634098888608.png

Last but not least, here are my other recommendations for you, feel free to consider them applied to your store:

• Add a section to showcase your featured products/bestsellers
  • Add reviews for your products: It is of great importance because your brand trust can be enhanced. You can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!
  • Add a section about your brand story: A business can stand out with its brand story. A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more attractive.

=> What helps you to build your store more easily, especially what helps you to build all options I comment on above is a page builder.

It would be a good choice for you to have professional sites that look incredible on mobile & desktop without any extra coding, and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

If you feel my answer is helpful, please give it a LIKE. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Cheers!

PageFly

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

waytoapps
Shopify Partner
733 65 264

Hello @jmstrick 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add a favicon which helps to find your store when customer had multiple tabs in their browser.

Make a sticky header for easy navigation. It helps the customers to access menu at any time they want.

Add Shop Now(CTA) on the hero banner.

Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Make social media Icons open in new  tab, on the footer section.

Organize footer section with minimizing empty space on it.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

There are no reviews on your products. Add product review app so that customer can write a review on what they purchase from your store.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more, If you sell any Unique/Handmade/vintage goods you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @jmstrick 

Hope you are doing well! Your shop looks very neat and organized. Good job is done there. The theme matches your products very well.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. Consider, however, adding a Shop Now button to your banner, which will take you directly to the relevant product page.

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch.

The main problem most Shopify store owners have is that they upload raw images of their products. On the website, this makes the product color dull and unappealing.

Rule of thumb - never post unprocessed images on your website. In case you are looking to make your images sharp and professional, contact CutOutWiz for any image-related solutions.

Especially for this kind of product, it is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

• I see that your store doesn’t have a Favicon. Having a favicon on your website is crucial. It makes your site recognizable on browser tabs, but it too gives a professional look to your website.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz