Looking for feedback on my site

MBotanicals
1 0 0

Hello,

Hoping to get some feedback on my site- note that my fall lineup isn't up yet, so it's a bit sparse! Thanks so much,

Emma 

www.mervillebotanicals.com

Replies 3 (3)
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi, @MBotanicals.

This is a fantastic-looking site, I really enjoyed looking through the awesome products you are offering. I do have a couple of suggestions that I think you could look into moving forward. The biggest thing I notice here is you do not have any store policies set up on your store. Store policies are an extremely important factor to include when running an online business, You can add or generate the following policies for your Shopify store:

• Refund policy
  • Privacy policy
  • Terms of service
  • Shipping policy
  • Legal notice

This will help build trust with your customers, provide them with peace of mind when ordering from your shop and prevent any issues that may pop up in regards to logistical situations. Another important note, some online ad systems will not even allow you to create advertisements without first having visible store policies added to the main menu of your store. Is there a specific reason you chose to not include a footer section at the bottom of your store? this would be a good area to put your policies, as well as any other important information that pertains to your shop. For example, you could also add your About and Contact us section here: 

I recommend checking out our helpful store policies guide here, for more information on how you can get those added to your shop. You can either write your own policies or use our handy generator tool within your admin.  If you decide to add your policies to the main menu of your shop as well, our menu items guide can help you get that setup. 

I also noticed your social media links are re-directing to a 404-error page when you click them:

Is this an issue you are aware of? I would recommend heading to Online store>Themes>Customize>Settings>Social to double-check that your social media links are correctly set up:

Aside from that, I would say your shop looks fantastic and I would recommend starting to look at how you are going to market your shop. We have some great resources you can check out, like our Marketing and promotions guide that offers some great information you can dig into. Another great article that I like provided our merchants with is this great article about making your first sale in 30 days, it offers a great checklist you can go through that touches on topics such as:

1. Why targeted traffic is crucial for new stores
  2. Paid advertising: Spending money to make money
  3. Outreach: Connecting with existing audiences

Something else you will want to ensure you look into is your Search engine optimization for your store. Sometimes it's tough to figure out how to bring customers into your newly launched website and that is when SEO comes into play. You can use search engine optimization to improve the search engine ranking for your store and help customers find your products in search engines like Google and Firefox. If you are curious how you can improve your search engine listings, we have a great guide here, that I recommend checking out. 

Overall, some really great work on this shop and we are excited to see where your new venture takes you. I hope some of these ideas help you out, please let me know if you have any questions! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @MBotanicals 

Hope you are doing well! Your shop looks very neat and organized. Good job is done there. The theme matches your products very well.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. Consider, however, adding a Shop Now button to your banner, which will take you directly to the relevant product page.

• Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch.

The main problem most Shopify store owners have is that they upload raw images of their products. On the website, this makes the product color dull and unappealing.

Rule of thumb - never post unprocessed images on your website. In case you are looking to make your images sharp and professional, contact CutOutWiz for any image-related solutions.

Especially for this kind of product, it is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

• You should also add a Call-To-Action (CTA) or a Shop Now button to the banner, so that users can be redirected to the relevant product page, without much delay.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @MBotanicalsThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance:

On the homepage:

- add a call to action button on the video.

- add a section of trending products.

- add a section of new products. 

- add a review carousel or testimonials.

AiTrillion_0-1630577458494.png

Give product recommendations by personalizing the customer's shopping experience. 

On the product page:

- If a product is sold out you can add a button 'notify me when available'. In this way you will not miss customers or miss out on sales. 

AiTrillion_1-1630577562202.png

- Add a review section. It's very important to make customers want to purchase from you. 

Other important Add ons:

• Start using Loyalty rewards, it will help you in customer re-engagement and retention.
  • Add Web push notifications to reach anyone and anywhere (device) without an email address.
  • Add a signup popup to capture email address. 

To implement review carousel, send back in stock notifications, loyalty program, push notifications there are many apps available in the shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps you can install AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

Hope this helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.