Looking for feedback on my store. https://babesraisingbabesboutique.com/

ShawnMulligan
Tourist
4 0 2

My store has only been live for a month. I've made a handful of updates and improvements but feel like I'm not getting much conversion. So I'd love someone to give an honest review of my site.

I've tried to eliminate pop-ups and distractions. I've added more filter options to be able to narrow down by your size etc.

Just wondering with 200+ visitors a day why there haven't been like any purchases.

I ran a few fb ads and I had over 700 people view my https://babesraisingbabesboutique.com/collections/bags/products/leah-mommy-bag-1 and not a single purchase. I tried marking it on sale. I tried reducing the price. And still nothing. I asked a few friends what they thought the price would be and it always fell within the range. So I'm at a loss as to why so many people liked it to click on it then didn't purchase. Is there something else I'm completely missing?

Thanks!!!!

Replies 4 (4)
Dropshipmate
Trailblazer
190 9 62

Hello @ShawnMulligan ,

I had viewed your website shortly and here are some of my points that I hope useful and you can implement on it easily.

Add Blog: You know creating/adding of blogs gives you a great way to generate fresh content on a website and provide a catalyst for email marketing, social media promotion to drive search traffic to your website.

Add Testimonials: Creating a genuine testimonials are trust worthy. This is the one kind of marketing communication b/w customer and business person. So you can add efficiently.
You can increase your niche then visitors are spare more time.

Rating and Reviews:  Customer reviews are fixes the value of of product, And these will decides the your business growth. These will helps to increasing of your customers.

Provide discounts on social media pages by using posts, And give credits to viewers. Due to these they will attract and may chances to purchase.

Thanks,
Dropshipmate.

Apps Developer Team |
Dropshipmate ‑ Dropshipping

My Answer Is Useful To You? Please Snap Like to tell me!!
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

Hey there, @ShawnMulligan!  

That is a frustrating situation, and I’m sorry that you’ve had to go through that. Unfortunately, it’s a common situation that too many merchants find themselves in. More unfortunate news is that asking friends and family what they think tends to be a bad strategy, but that’s where visitor behavior comes into play. 

I noticed that you said you’re trying different strategies. You’ve tried to mark it as a sale price and then reduce the price. However, maybe the price isn’t the issue.

Instead of guessing, I would ask your visitors a survey question: “What stopped you from checking out today?” with options for product pricing, shipping information, hard to order, need more information, etc.

For example, on your page I saw a few things that threw me off:

1. Shipping calculated at checkout. That’s not a good practice at all. Considering it qualifies for free shipping, this would be an excellent time to promote that. (I’ll go more into your announcement bar in a few moments)
  2. The animated Add to Cart button is distracting
  3. You have a 7-day return policy. Even if someone isn’t going to return something, that’s incredibly short and could be a red flag. 
  4. Are people interested in a cause? Do you mention this anywhere else? 
  5. Did I miss the sizing chart? While the bag doesn't need one, your other product pages lack them as well. 

In my experience, when you have Facebook traffic but not purchases, the issue generally rests on the product not meeting their expectations or they weren’t ready to purchase yet anyway if they expect a lower price. 

Let’s move on to your website.

Focus on one announcement bar

Competing announcement bars play against you here. The one on top of your header doesn’t pop out and can easily be missed. The one in teal, though it stands out better, isn’t in the typical location for visitors to see. They may be banner blind to it and not see it. 

Rethink shipping strategies

Free shipping is great, but the price point may be a little high. It may be telling your visitors subconsciously that your products will cost more than they expect. If you can promote a flat-rate or easy-to-understand shipping rate, you may be able to use this to your advantage more so.

Let’s say shipping ends up being $8 and free shipping is for orders over $35. If I’m a customer who finds a $28 outfit for my daughter (I have three, so I have plenty of experience here), I’m probably going to be more likely to add another product to my cart to reach free shipping even though I’ll probably spend more than $35. 

Optimize the main navigation

One of my concerns is your main navigation. While it initially looks good at first glance, it needs some work. I’m going to be talking about visitor behavior tools for heatmaps (to see where people click and scroll) and session recordings (to see what happened during a session)

• Move the blog to the footer unless your heatmap shows that it’s getting clicks
  • Removed featured and new - both collections don’t need to be in the main navigation
  • Add a Shop All collection; this is where you can focus on new or trending (to replace featured)
  • Rename “Babes” - It’s unclear that this is supposed to be for the moms/women 
  • Rename "Little Babes" - it may turn off some women who are offended by it
  • Consider renaming "Coordinating outfits" - there's nothing wrong with it, but I think you're on to something by saying they are ready for family photos. That's a HUGE selling point

I would watch session recordings of people, especially those coming from Facebook, to evaluate how they are using it. Do they use it? Or how do they move around your store? 

Analyze the homepage

Use a heatmap to see how far people scroll down a page and where they are clicking. Instead of jumping into products, I would feature collections as well as explain your charity.

You’re going to find that things like “Our Why” are great in an About Page but not necessary on the homepage. 

Get your footer into shape
Split up the columns to make it easier to use and shorter in general. Things like Contact Us, Returns and Shipping need to be at the top of whatever column you put it in. These are all pages that customers want to read. Things like Affiliate and Gift Cards should take a lower position. 

Mind the details

Comb through your policy pages to make sure all of your email addresses are linked. Also, keep in mind your FAQ page. I would make the FAQ about your products rather than all-encompassing. Someone isn’t going to go to the FAQ for Returns and Refunds or Terms of Service when you have a policy page already in the footer. 

Also your Member button hides your past purchase pop-up. 

Clean up your collections

In your Babes collection, there are accessories. Keep them in the Accessories collection.

Be careful in your filters - you have some duplicates like Earring and Earrings and Graphic and Graphic Tee. 

Communicate with your visitors

One thing I’m missing here is a live chat. I am fully aware that you may have one but aren’t available to chat which is hiding the option. If you aren’t using one, I would highly suggest it. You want to keep people on your site while they have questions instead of sending them off (such as what happens in an away form, email address or even the Facebook Messenger plugin). 

Summing it up

Don’t be discouraged here! Your site has a great look at it, and most of my suggestions are tweaks. 

The biggest thing is to use that visitor behavior to understand what’s stopping them from wanting to complete a purchase. Until you have that answer, you’re blindly guessing and hoping something sticks. Instead, turn to that visitor behavior. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @ShawnMulligan 

Hope you are well. For an owner with very little experience, you have done a pretty good job. I must say your aesthetic eye is very keen.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• Your store logo might need an improvement as a company’s Logo grabs attention, makes a strong first impression, and is the foundation of your brand identity.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. However, it is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
waytoapps
Shopify Partner
732 65 264

Hello @ShawnMulligan 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks great and here are few suggestions.

Improve store Logo further, as it gives Identity and separates from the competition.

Add Testimonials or reviews on the homepage to build trust with other visitors.

Consider chatbot for support and you can also analyze customer choices.

Mention more contact details of your store, it looks trustworthy.

Organize footer section with existing options, and make sure to minimize empty space on it.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store  which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace, if you have any unique or Handmade product in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps