Looking for feedback on my store: https://fridgedecks.myshopify.com/

Solved
mariele137
Tourist
9 0 3

Hi everyone,

Brand new kitchen product (my own invention!) and store, I just started facebook ads last week and have 204 sessions, 15 checked the price and one made it to the cart, no sales.  Should I be worried, lol?

Other Questions:

1) Can you recommend a better theme/website design? This one was free. Seems like it's too bland and chopped up.

2) Too many descriptions? Needs my bio/personal story? 

3) ANY feedback welcome

Thanks,

Mel 🙂

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

This is an accepted solution.

Hey Mel (@mariele137),

A big congratulations on the launch of your store AND product! Wow! Way to go! I've taken a look through your store and have a few suggestions for you.

fridgedecks-01.png

ONE PRODUCT
Since you are a one product store, I’d recommend checking out https://www.buytruetouch.com/ for inspiration on how to set up a landing page to drive sales.

THEME
I’d recommend a theme change. I know it’s no small task, however, the visitor's first impression establishes whether they feel your store is trustworthy or not. I would highly recommend Debutify, you can download it for free or upgrade to one of their paid plans in order to gain access to their add-ons. They have 53 add-ons that will definitely save you money on monthly app costs. Some of my favourites are collection filters, custom currencies, delivery time and trust badges. We did a review on the theme in this video if you want to take a look:

PS: If you decide to give Debutify a try, here is our affiliate link: https://debutify.sjv.io/c/2837919/972143/12660

Using our affiliate link helps support us at no extra cost to you by telling Debutify we sent you. 

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

EcomGeeks_0-1625765135293.png

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment. This is a service we offer so if you are interested, you can click here for more information.

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

FAVICON
I’d recommend adding a favicon so that your visitors can find you quickly when they have multiple tabs open in their browser. We did a video on how to upload a favicon that you can watch here:

POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:

PAGE TITLES
I would recommend working on your page titles. Only include the title of the product, all of the extra information can be added to the product description.

fridgedecks-02.png

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

MARKETING
For you, I’d recommend creating videos to market your products. You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get adsense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns adsense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
I think this could be great for you, hope you give it a go!

PAID ADVERTISING
When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience - in your case limited to the United States) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). Here are a few tips to help you with your paid ads:

1. When working with influencers, don’t be blinded by numbers. A large following does not mean success. Be cautious of bringing in “general traffic”, you want an influencer that is in your niche.
  2. Remember that every social platform has a primary user demographic. You want to create profiles and run ads on whichever platform your target demographic spends the most time. Check Social Sprout for the 2021 Social Media Stats.
  3. Target your ads. Do not make your ranges to broad, know your target audience and dial in to reach exactly who you intend to reach. Remember, high traffic is not a good thing if it’s the wrong traffic.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

View solution in original post

Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

hi, @mariele137.

Good to hear from you, I would be happy to check out the revamped shop. I certainly can see massive improvements here and I am happy to hear that the marketing information I shared with you has been put to such good use, this is excellent news. I do have a couple more quick suggestions in regards to the re-vamped shop, nothing crazy, but would love to share them with you.

Your images, while useful all appear to be quite large still on your homepage, for example:

I suggest making these images smaller for a better customer experience. There is also a lot of information on your homepage, some of it which may be better suited on a page of its own. For example this area here:

May work better in an overall, Tutorials page (Like your Video tutorial page) or an About page for example where you can share all the nitty-gritty details about your product. That would clean your homepage up a bit more and create less scrolling for your customers to gather crucial information about your product, that a quick "click" to an informational page may squash. 

I would also suggest potentially changing your menu item colour from white to something else as at times it is tough to see against your homepage images:

Overall some really great improvement on the shop design, I think you are almost there in regards to a clean and professional look. I would say your primary focus would be to clean up those images a bit more and try to simplify the homepage and consolidate your information material to the product/information pages and you should be set. 

I hope this further information helps you out, please do not hesitate to reach out anytime with questions, we are always happy to chat!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 13 (13)
collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
220 26 95

Hi @mariele137 

Congrats on your new store! I'm happy to take a look and give you feedback on your store.

I have noticed the store is a one-product store, that's great! so it is even more important to optimize two pages. The homepage - where you're directing your traffic and your product page where you want the convert the traffic to sales. Here are feedbacks on how you can improve these pages. I hope you get useful insights from these.

I will suggest using the free dawn theme and a page builder like Pagefly to design your homepage and product page. They have templates and a drag and drop page builder you can use to design a neat and customer-friendly home and product pages.

Homepage:

1. Make the header sticky

The header is what your customers use to navigate the store, so it is important that they can access it from any section of your store. Make the header sticky, so when your customers scroll down they can still use the header and see the information on it.

2. Add shipping and privacy policy on the footer

3. Engage with your customers and visitors:

I will suggest adding a Live chat, you want to reach out to your visitors and show that you're ready to answer any question they might have to better understand what they actually want. If you added a Live chat that launched after 90 seconds of someone landing on your store that asks, “What stopped you from checking out today?” may help you uncover some valuable insights. The trick here is to understand why a visitor isn’t engaging or converting to then work on fixing the issues.

4. Add customer reviews and testimonials

Product Page:

1. Show Estimated Delivery Date

Many customers don’t want to wait until checkout to know when they’ll receive their order, and showing the Estimated Delivery Date helps users to estimate when they can expect to receive their order. Add the delivery-date estimate, or delivery-date range, within the product page, it should be close to your "buy" button

When viewing an estimated delivery day like “Standard Shipping date is 4 business days. If you order today, you will get it by Aug 17”Your customers will have more confidence to make the purchase. You should also add a link to your full shipping policy.

2. Add product reviews

This is easily the most important information you need to show on your product page. Even if you don't have any customers yet, you can source product reviews from your vendor.

3. Add the product video on the product page.

Best of Luck and Cheers!

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi @mariele137.

Thank you for your message and congratulations on launching your Shopify store, I would be more than happy to provide you with some feedback. 

This looks like a fantastic product that I could really see taking off, so kudos for that! In regards to feedback on your shop, I think you hit the nail on the head with your initial thoughts. The first thing I noticed when checking out your shop was the lack of a domain name, however. While it is totally fine to keep your .myshopify.com URL as your stores' domain name, it does add that extra layer of professionalism to set up a dedicated domain for your store, like a .com for example. You can actually purchase a domain directly through Shopify, which is great because your domain is automatically configured to work with your primary domain. We have a great guide on domains here that you may want to take a look into if you are interested in this potential.

In regards to your stores' design and theme, I can see what you mean about worrying if the shop is too bland or chopped up. While I do love how much information you have included about how your product works, I believe a dedicated "About" or "FAQ" page would help simplify your storefront. The inclusion of videos showcasing and explaining your product is an excellent touch, but an about page is a great chance for customers to learn more about you, your product and your brand in more detail. We have a fantastic guide that I recommend checking out that talks about writing an effective about page here that you may want to take a look at.

Something else that stood out to me on the shop is how blurry some of the product photos are: 

You want to ensure you are using the best quality photos you can for your shop to add to its professionalism, depending on the theme you are using there may be specific upload specifications you want to follow to ensure optimal quality. I recommend checking out our Uploading images guide to ensure a breakdown of our upload requirements for media and images. 

In regards to theme recommendations, that's a tougher question to answer, you can certainly search through our available themes on our Theme store here for other possibilities. However, keep in mind if you are using a Shopify theme, they are designed in sections that are all customizable, so you should be able to edit it further to something you prefer if need be. Something quick that I noticed when visiting the shop was the lack of colour, the store as you mentioned seems to be chopped up into information, images and white-backgrounds and text. A little pop of colour, even in the background would make a world of difference in the shop. Regardless of the theme you are using, you should be able to head to Online store>Themes>Customize>Theme Settings>Colors to edit the colours across your entire shop, it may be worth playing around with before choosing a new theme. 

If you are using a third-party theme, I might suggest choosing a Shopify theme instead so you have access to fully customize it as well as access to our Theme support if you ever have issues with the theme or customization requests.

I also do not notice any contact information or store policies on your shop, it would be a good idea to add this in the footer area of your shop. You could also add your main menu quick-links there as well:

You can add or generate the following policies for your Shopify store:

• Refund policy
  • Privacy policy
  • Terms of service
  • Shipping policy
  • Legal notice

It would be a good idea to include these policies for your customers, not only for their sake but to keep yourself protected from any potential issues that may arise from orders in the future. We have a guide for creating and adding your store policies that you can take a look at here. 

I am happy to hear that you have started running some Facebook ads to start building some traffic to the shop. You should certainly not be worried about the results so far, this is quite standard for first-time stores just starting to promote their shop. There is a really awesome information article here that I love sending our merchants that talks about ways to make your first sale in 30 days, it is full of excellent information that you should make sure you look into when trying to make your first sales such as:

Take a look through this article as it may provide you with some further insights into future marketing and promotions.

You may also want to add your about information and even a contact page to your main-menu area as currently it looks a little bare:

Check out our page on editing your main menus for a walkthrough on how you can do this if you are curious. 

I hope some of these observations help you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach back out here if you have any questions at all, we are always happy to chat!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey Mel (@mariele137),

A big congratulations on the launch of your store AND product! Wow! Way to go! I've taken a look through your store and have a few suggestions for you.

fridgedecks-01.png

ONE PRODUCT
Since you are a one product store, I’d recommend checking out https://www.buytruetouch.com/ for inspiration on how to set up a landing page to drive sales.

THEME
I’d recommend a theme change. I know it’s no small task, however, the visitor's first impression establishes whether they feel your store is trustworthy or not. I would highly recommend Debutify, you can download it for free or upgrade to one of their paid plans in order to gain access to their add-ons. They have 53 add-ons that will definitely save you money on monthly app costs. Some of my favourites are collection filters, custom currencies, delivery time and trust badges. We did a review on the theme in this video if you want to take a look:

PS: If you decide to give Debutify a try, here is our affiliate link: https://debutify.sjv.io/c/2837919/972143/12660

Using our affiliate link helps support us at no extra cost to you by telling Debutify we sent you. 

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

EcomGeeks_0-1625765135293.png

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment. This is a service we offer so if you are interested, you can click here for more information.

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

FAVICON
I’d recommend adding a favicon so that your visitors can find you quickly when they have multiple tabs open in their browser. We did a video on how to upload a favicon that you can watch here: