Looking for feedback on my store ideestattoos.com

ideestattoos
3 0 0

Hi guys, 

I'm glad I found this forum. I had about 1500 people coming to my store over the last two months but only 2 orders and would need help from experienced shopify owners. I tried to change product orders, buttons, but only 2.5% of people coming end up adding to cart. 

The link of my store: https://ideestattoos.com/

I tried Facebook ads and pinterest ads in France, UK and US and would love to know if you had better luck in other markets. 

Thank you for your help,

Best,

Replies 6 (6)
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2498 342 1665

Hi @ideestattoos

Your store looks great! I can see all the hard work you have put into the store’s appearance. Here I want to add more details to help you make the store perfect and increase conversion rate:

1, Have Call To Action button on your hero banner. This is where you attract the most customers, so having a CTA button helps increase store conversion rate.

Also, to create better impression, I suggest you use full-width size for hero banner.

PageFly_0-1629473269448.png

2, Add a secondary hover image to your products. In this way the page will look more lively, and you can also show your products from many different angles. 

PageFly_1-1629473269720.png

3, Use Load More button instead of Pagination. Load More button helps encourage customers to keep on exploring your product list, while in Pagination, products on the last page has lower chance to be bought.

PageFly_2-1629473269407.png

4, Add Testimonials section to your homepage to make your store even more trustworthy. Just in case you want some references, you can check this template here  

PageFly_3-1629473269467.png

The templates above can be used easily on PageFly page builder, even with a free account. You can take a look at our template gallery to choose what suits you the most.

For guidance in running a business online, you can take a look at our Academy and to get instruction from our top e-commerce experts in increasing store’s conversion rates

Hope your business is successful and gains more sales everyday!

Cheers!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store

CartTurbo
Pathfinder
89 4 25

Hero Images

At the top of the page you need a hero image.

This is a full-width image that runs across the top of your page and doesn't use any whitespace.
It occupies the best real estate.

And it Demands Attention!

Images communicate 60,000 times faster than text.

And when you have .05 milliseconds to make a first impression ... to get them to stay, do you have any other choice?

What you're looking for is an image-focused design.

Bold graphics that immediately engages the user and draws them in.

A hero image is the #1 best tool for communicating a message.

It's an introduction, elevator pitch, it immediately tells the visitor what your purpose is.

What you're wanting is an image that shows not just how a product looks but how it works.

An image that has an emotional impact, inspires, and reinforces the call to action, that is written on top of it.

The best way to sell a product is to let the product sell itself.

Emotion Overrides Logic!

Add a call to Action!

Make sure the call to action has contrast in its colors, to make it jump out of the design and stand out the most on the page.

Show real people the same age as your target market and have them looking in the direction of the call to action.

Design different images for different devices to help with website load times.

A good CTA can prevent boredom, fatigue, and breath life, meaning, and understanding into your content.

Users need direction, they need to know what to do next.

Your CTA is what encourages potential customers to stay engaged.

You've got to give short and strong orders that persuade, engage, and get a click.

It starts with a verb

• Buy
  • Download
  • Subscribe
  • Shop
  • Order
  • Reserve
  • Save
  • Add
  • Act
  • View
  • Learn
  • See
  • Find
  • Pick
  • Continue

and ends with an adverb, subject or both.

• Add to Cart
  • Act Now
  • Buy and Save
  • Do not buy unless
  • Add to Cart
  • Learn More
  • See More
  • See How
  • Find Out
  • Check it Out
  • Click here
  • Buy my ebook

You can also use numbers ...“Buy now and get 50% off!”

Make a promise ...“Rank #1 in just 30 days!”

Add urgency ... “Limited time"

But its your job to tell me what to do next.

WEBSITE SPEED

Looking at what major corporations are saying ...

1. Google discovered that 53% of mobile users abandon sites that take 3 seconds to load.
  2. Google also limits the number of crawlers if your site is slower than two seconds.
  3. Amazon showed they would lose $1.6 BILLION a year for every one second slow down.
  4. Walmart said when they improved page load time by one second conversions increased by 2%.
  5. AutoAnything said they saw a 12-13% increase in sales after cutting page load time in half.

All it takes is milliseconds to snap someone out of the zone.

Google said your site needs to have the first content paint in under a second and be fully loaded in under 2 seconds.

Your website takes 3.7 seconds for the first bite and 12. for the largest.

Speed outsell everything.

• You can have a car pick you up in five minutes.
  • A pizza delivered in 20 ...
  • Groceries in 60 ...
  • Answers to any question in 0.3 seconds because at 0.5 Google saw a 20% drop in traffic.

Friction is anything you put between someone and the completion of a task.

It can be anything from waiting for a website to load, to a pop-up, or even having to click to find a product.

Friction equals time and time equals money.

So you are in the business of removing friction, which means making things as fast and easy as possible which in turn saves you time and money.

ideestattoos
3 0 0

Hi PageFly, huge thanks for your help, you had great ideas, i will definitely check your products 🙂 

ideestattoos
3 0 0

Hi CartTurbo, thank you for your detailed answer. The ideas you shared are really interesting, i will check my site speed and improve image size and CTA color. Thank you again. 

JonathanBecuase
Pathfinder
90 7 31

Hi @ideestattoos 

Awesome Shopify store! 

I would definitely add an "about us" section or just something that conveys your story and why you started your site. A great way to add this is through product page banners.

Optimize your product pages by adding banners that highlight promo codes or any special discounts, customer reviews or information about the product, directly on the product pages. This will help guide your customers through education on your products or just highlight a general "about us". There are some great examples here: https://www.becauseintelligence.com/blog/4-sales-promotions-to-try-today-to-increase-product-page-co...

Regularly test your site speed and ensure everything is loading correctly, definitely an overlooked spot

add a blog that would be a cool way to add some organic traffic and feature some products. I would also add some customer reviews on your products and courses, of course as you get them.

Content Marketing - https://apps.shopify.com/because
Because: Grow your Shopify store revenue with Because product page banners
RishAtMason
Shopify Partner
32 4 9

Hey @ideestattoos!

A lot of people above have given suggestions about store design—and I think those are great!

Something you should also consider is: are you targeting the right people? One big reason someone might visit your sight, and then leave is because you're targeting the wrong audience, or your messaging may have issues.

Here are some questions that may help:

1. Do the tone, messaging and product descriptions on your ads match the website?
  2. Do your visuals match your store & product images?
  3. Are you bringing the customers to a specific landing page or home page?
  4. What is the customer's interaction like once they reach your site? What is their behavior and duration before they leave?

These questions should give you some additional insight into why customers may be leaving.

I noticed that you have Lucky Orange installed on your store. Have you looked through the recordings and understood the customer journey? This may also help you see where people are leaving, what issues they are encountering and why you are not getting conversions!

Another thing I noticed hasn't been mentioned above: you are currently only highlighting products on sale with a badge (an easy app you can try for this is ModeMagic, they have a free plan!). I'd suggest highlighting other products as well. Visual merchandising is important for online stores as well. Think of a brick-and-mortar store that has some products on display (marked as best seller), certain new collections or attributes highlighted (like "skinny jeans" or "super soft" or "giant set"), and even seasonal changes or trends (ex: new stock, fast selling, few left). These badges will help 1- inform your customers, 2- guide them to products, and also 3- differentiate them from other products and help overcome the abundance of choice!

Hope this helps 🙂

Building communities @ ModeMagic and Mason!

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know.
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution.