Looking for Feedback on my Store- Sudden, steep drop off in sales

northstarvfr
2 0 0

Hello, I run Northstarvfr.com

I have been running my Shopify store since October 2020 (with the exception of two weeks in Nov due to a Google Ads issue). I have been able to comfortably rely on making a few hundred dollars in sales a day. Even with the odd no-sale day, I was able to count on just around or just over $1K a week. However, the last few days has seen no dips in traffic, no advertising issues, but my sales have hit a wall and dropped off to zero. 

I'm out of ideas and am perfectly willing to chalk it up to "you're just having a few slow days". But before I throw up my hands up and sit back, I want to make 100% certain that I'm not missing something glaringly obvious that would lead to this sudden drop in revenue. 

Thanks so much for taking the time! 

Replies 2 (2)
waytoapps
Shopify Partner
734 65 265

Hello @northstarvfr 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are general suggestions.

Add a Nice favicon.

Make a Sticky header for easy navigation on the header section.

Maintain product images of same size.

Add ATC(add to cart) buttons on the products.

There are no reviews on your products. Add customer review app to increase your sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies. 

If you are planning to sell on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2498 342 1665

Hi @northstarvfr 

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 4 years of providing solutions for over 80.000 active Shopify merchants.

1. Home page

1.1 Make the menu sticky

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. Especially, the menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

1.2 Add a section to introduce your store

I highly recommend you should add a section to introduce your store to customers. I notice that you have an About us page so you should take the content from that page and add an image.

1.3 Improve the product list on the home page

Pre-tabbed 2021 FAR_AIM – Northstar Aviation References 2021-03-10 08-23-27.png

• You should add CTA buttons for each product. These buttons will redirect to the corresponding product pages
  • Make the image have the same size 

1.4 Add the number of rating stars and the average of the rating stars on each product

You can use Loox or Yotpo app to add rating stars because both of them integrate with PageFly already. 

1.5 Display social media

As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. By displaying social media such as Instagram (or Facebook, Twitter) and constantly updating the feed.

2. Product page

I take this page for example https://northstarvfr.com/collections/frontpage/products/pre-tabbed-2021-asa-far-aim-instrument-ratin...

2.1 Increase the product price size

Compare to the product title and the content of the product page, the product price size is too small and not prominent, you can increase its size

2.2 Add a quantity selection

In case there are customers who need to buy more products, this helps them to buy more without spending much time to click and go back and then click to buy again.

What helps you to build your store more easily is a page builder. It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly. I also have a post of feedback on good factors of a high-converting store, you can check here

https://community.shopify.com/c/Feedback-On-My-Store/Store-Feedback-by-Shopify-Expert/td-p/1036094

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store