Looking for feedback on my store - The Rod Box

Boxtherob
Excursionist
33 0 9

Hey everyone,

My store, therodbox.com , has been live for a month now. I am using the free debut theme and i get my traffic from google smart shopping ads. I was getting a few sales at first but not anymore.

I believe i may have a problem with my product pages. I have a high bounce rate. I also get adds to cart, but that's all now. I would appreciate any feedback you're willing to give. Thanks

Replies 4 (4)
Favour
1 0 1

Hello @Boxtherob, I hope you are doing good?

I have carefully gone through your complaint and I understand your compalint that you need a Shopify expert to rescue you from the challenges you're facing in your store which is about converting your store traffic to sales.

I have thoroughly assessed your store and just as you said, I can see you used Debut theme which is a free theme. I consider this as not appropriate for long term effectiveness considering the fact that you have so many collections and sub-collections in your store which even makes your store loading to be slow.

There are several reasons that could cause this.

-One of it is FREE THEME. Free theme is NOT the fair theme to use for this kind of store because of the products. 

-Also, getting bounce rate is as a result of wrong targeting of productss. You can't expect those that need a cup of hot coffee to queue for pizza, NO! You need a targered audience of your product and insight research of your the products in your store to help boost traffic and conversions.

The fact that you are having bouncing traffic in your store product page actually means that your store is having an issue and I recommend redesihgning your store using a Shopify paid premium theme. 

Another solution to boost conversion is the building of sales funnel for traffic conversion. Through sales funnel, you can target and retarg your subscribers who signuip to ypour mainling list, those who has bought products in your store before or those who has not but subscribe. Setting up series of automated campaigns will help you to get feedbacks from them regarding your store and making more sales because it will surely helps you to build relationship with your clients and prospects.

For a better discussion and sharing of knowledge regarding the success of your store, Kindly contact me!!!

I will be looking forward to your message to render all that I can for you.

Thanks

Warmest regards

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @BoxtherobThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

- On the homepage, add a section of the collection list, new arrivals, trending. 

- Add reviews on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors. 

- Add about us page.

- Collection and product page looks good!

Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. When they sign up, automatically welcome email and thank you email is sent. This helps you to retarget your customers according to their buying behavior and browsing behavior & helps you to automate your store and eliminate lots of manual work. 

Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

Setup web push notifications in your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store you can install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2513 345 1673

Hi @Boxtherob,

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that these comments can be somewhat beneficial to you in improving your site performance. But first, you can check out this article on how you can optimize your conversion rate of your homepage.  

I/ Homepage

1. Make the Header and Free Shipping Banner sticky. As the search bar is in the Header, you can consider make it sticky so that customer can reach for it anytime they need to find anything. As well as the Promotion Banner for obvious reason, repetitive display of the offer will eventually push the visitors towards taking action.

PageFly_0-1622047780417.png

2. Add CTA button for Product Lists. CTA buttons serve as a guidance to your customers to know what to do next when browsing through your store.

PageFly_1-1622047825894.png

II/ Collection Page

1. Use Load More instead of Pagination. The majority of the merchants would prefer Pagination but the feature itself poses some difficulties if they want to compare 2 products from 2 pages.

PageFly_2-1622047888771.png

2. Add Secondary Hover Image. This will help your customers understand more about the products regarding sizes, style, which helps them decide whether to buy the product more easily.

PageFly_3-1622047931375.png

Overall, this is a very clean layout website and you must have put a lot of time and effort into this. For more information, you can consider subscribing to our channel “Ecom Learning With PageFly” in which we provide you with actionable insights into building your own eCommerce business, including everything from Business Ideation, Product Research, Brand Building to proven eCommerce Marketing Strategies, Store Design and Conversion Rate Optimization Strategies. The first video about picking winning Dropshipping products in June 2021 is out now! We're here to help you thrive in the eCommerce world, one video at a time!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store.

Addyz
Pathfinder
191 4 23

HI @Boxtherob ,

After review of you store, I will advise you to install some social proof apps on the store. Most of the buyers will not buy if they did not found the site authentic. For first time buyer's you have to win their trust and social proof are great way to achieve that.

Also, you have not added any push notification app pan your store.Push notifications have high conversion rate. Most of the visitors just leaves after adding product to cart without purchasing it. Push notifications are great way to remind them of their abandoned cart and nudge them to complete the purchase.

You are really missing out with this core functionality which could easily recover some lost sales for you.

There are plenty of app on appstore which are offering push notification either for free or for very reasonable price.

I will recommend https://apps.shopify.com/cartbite

This one is offering abandoned cart ,back in stock and price drop notification on push and emails. 

If this is helpful please up vote the answer so that other merchants can get benefit from it too

Addyz is ad optimization and automation platform for facebook and Instagram ads. Addyz allow store owners to create proven campaign strategies and branded catalogues to increase ad efficiency and boost sales