Hi, everyone! My partner and I just launched our Shopify store, Plot Twist Pottery at https://plottwistpottery.com/, and we'd love any feedback on what we're doing right/wrong.
We've been officially open for about a week now, and are trying to figure out how to attract customers, and how to make it as easy as possible for them to make purchases.
Congratulations on launching your store! You have very unique products, I think you have great potential.
My first recommendation is to organize your products into collections. When a person clicks "Catalog" I'd recommend having a photo and title for each collection (ie. Ornaments, Magnets, Jewelry etc..). We did a whole video on this, you can watch it here:
With Christmas coming, I'd recommend getting on local community pages, Facebook marketplace and etc. and advertising your products there. You can do it for free and many people (especially now) want to support local. You can include a business card with your store URL and an offer for a discount for their next online purchase to get the word out. We show how to do that here:
My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. We see it a lot, store owners get plenty of traffic but no sales and they are left discouraged and frustrated. Definitely don't want that for you so please do watch this video:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!
Best of luck!
PS: Make sure to grab your FREE Christmas store banners & pop-up’s! 🙂
You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.
Have seen your site and have some comments for you:
- The logo should be narrowed down a little bit. And the background color should be white too.
- One your homepage, I think you should have this layout:
+ Banners (slideshows). These are where you can show your product photos and messages. Of course, you need to have CTA buttons to guide your customers to product pages.
+ Collections section. You're having this section but it shows too many collections. I think the maximum number is six.
+ Featured products. Show up to 6 or 8 products. Add the Quickview and Quickshop buttons to allow your customers to see more product details faster.
+ Instagram gallery. Have seen your Instagram account, and it has many product photos and good content. Therefore, I think you can have an Instagram gallery to show your Instagram content.
If you want to have one, check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery.
+ The reviews section.
- In your footer, you need to add some quick links like FAQs, Policy, etc.
- Some products aren't having the same size. Maybe you need to change that.
- On your product pages, you should add:
+ The Quantity section
+ The Sticky Add to Cart bar
+ More Upsell and Cross-sell if you have more types of products in the future.
- If you want to provide your customers with PDF invoices, the app Drag and Drop PDF invoice will help you create many unique templates.
Hope this helps!
Hello @mtsmylie, I hope you are doing good! here is the feedback:
- In the header of the homepage there is whitespace.
- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed
- Add policies, FAQ in the footer.
- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers. You can try the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion to implement this in your store.
- Add announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store. AiTrillion has pre-designed templates of announcement bar, timer & sales motivator bars.
Hope this helps!!