Looking for feedback on our watch store, TikTokTek

tiktoktek-kev
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Everyone

So, we're at a point now where feedback, testing and tweaking is needed before deciding whether we're ready to start putting money in to advertising. The office is divided between [1]- those who are more or less happy with where it's at and [2] the other half, me included, who would like to polish things up after getting a some non bias feedback from either e-com professionals or like minded online business owners who are willing to spare some time to take a look at the store and give us their honest thoughts/suggestions/advice/assistance/warnings, etc. 

I will say though, to the first half's delight, that the results we've seen from the first and only Google Ads we ran for just a few hours, just to test and see what kind of numbers we are working with, were surprisingly "above average", according to Google Ads' feedback. With that said, I still feel that feedback is needed from opinions that are not generated from within our own circles.

Any and all feedback in any way would be extremely appreciated! To those who do provide us with their thoughts on our store, we thank you kindly. So, here is the link, https://tiktoktek.shop

Enjoy, or don't... we'll find out which it is soon I guess.

Many thanks.

Kevin

Replies 7 (7)
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
318 64 194

Hey there, @tiktoktek-kev!  

Welcome to Shopify, Kevin! Those are some great questions. Whenever you can take the bias out of website analysis, the better the analysis. While the folks here at the Shopify community are great, your visitors are really your ultimate goal.

Let’s jump right in. 

Look at the first impression

When someone comes to your website just by looking at your brand name, they aren’t thinking watches. I mean, it makes sense when you sit and think about it. As a first impression, it sounds like you’re selling technology to make TikToks rather than watches. 

Branding aside, there may be too much going on. The moment I landed on your homepage, there was a lot going on above the fold. And I mean, there is a LOT going on. There’s the rotating hero images, free shipping, etc.

I would use a session recording to see what people do one they land on your homepage, unless you’ve been sending them to a product page or landing page for your ad. How are they navigating? Where are they clicking? 

Rethink your header/use an announcement bar

For me, the site has a lot going on at the top of the header. As a result, Claim Your Free Shipping (which is a bigger deal than Call or WhatsApp) is easily missed. I get if you don’t want to use a traditional announcement bar, but streamlining that may be helpful.

Use a heatmap, which shows you where people click and scroll, to see how many people are clicking on the Call or WhatsApp Us. Play around with different layouts. There are also third party apps (such as through Lucky Orange) that offers an announcement to promote things like the free shipping or special offers in a way that isn’t easily ignored. 

Maximize your main navigation

Here’s one of my biggest issues with your store. Does your store look nice? Yes. However, it loses me at the main navigation. What’s your priority? Right now, your main navigation is trying to be more like a footer. Your visitors, on the other hand, want to jump to product collections.

I would move About Us, Policies and Gift cards to the footer. Let visitors who want to read your privacy policy or learn more about your business do so without taking up prime real estate at the top of the page. Heatmaps can be helpful in seeing who is clicking on it, or if they’re ignoring it. 

So I would do: Home | Mens Watches | Ladies Watches | Smartwatches | Trending

By simplifying your navigation, you have people who can see all of a collection rather than questioning off the bat the difference between a quartz and classic watch. 

Focus on one hero image
The black looks nice, but it’s failing at selling your products. I would use watches on people rather than still images to help visitors try them on with their eyes. Help them see it on their wrists. Also, limit it to one hero image to avoid distracting the visitor. 

Analyze your homepage engagement
You have a lot of great aspects to your homepage, but how do visitors read it? How far do they scroll? Look at a scroll heatmap to see what information they’re reading and what’s being missed. A survey to find out what your visitors are most interested in would be helpful as well. 

For example, the “Shop Your Way. Pay Anytime. From Anywhere.” feature takes up a LOT of space. While you may want it to suggest that you can fit into any budget, your visitors may think that it means your product is too expensive. And it may not even be a top 10 concern of your visitors. See what they think and adjust accordingly.

Lose the homepage testimonials
I know, this sounds weird. Testimonials are gold, right? Unfortunately, your testimonials need to be displayed as reviews for products rather than on your homepage. If they were talking about your service rather than products, testimonials like this would be perfect. I would even suggest moving them higher on the page. However, because they are related to specific products, it will work better as product-specific reviews. 

Focus on the details
Make sure all email addresses are linked (i.e., your footer), and examine the other of your footer. Personally, I would use a sticky navigation rather than a quick shop from the footer. For Information, move Contact Us to the top (it’s more important for visitors than your About Us page). Remove Terms of Service and Returns & Refunds since they are also in your T’s C’s & P’s.

Help your visitors

I’m looking at your Mens Watches collection. Your filters are excellent. The ability to shop by color and filter by price is great. The catch is that I need a guide. I’m looking for something to help me, someone with little knowledge of watches, find out what I need.

This is where Live Chat would help. You could create a Chat Invite with a trigger for people who spend more than 90 seconds on the Mens Watches collection. Instead of a passive chat icon in the corner, it would actively ask me to chat to address my questions.

Rethink your collection ranges

Visitor research would be very appropriate here. You need to determine what budget your visitors are wanting to spend on a watch. Again, I’m in your Mens Watches collection. The default sort shows a $50 smartwatch, a $800 Seiko, a $4,6000 Omega and a $400 Citizen.

If your average shopper has a budget of $500, you’re not going to scare them off too much. If your average shopper has a budget of $100, they’re not going to spend any time looking around. They’re going to see those prices and flee.

Having a $4,600 watch on the same site as a $50 watch isn’t going to work. I can’t tell you your business strategy, but I can tell you from experience that your site isn’t luxurious enough to sell a watch like that. You haven’t built that experience, and seeing such a wide range of prices is a huge red flag. 

Spend some time on those product pages

• Reiterate your free shipping; your 
  • Make sure that the product color makes the product image
  • Write actual overviews. Nothing screams DROPSHIPPING like a list of details. This is when you earn that $400 sale. Write a description that will sell. Like the Cagarny Mens Stainless Steel Quartz Waterproof Watch - why would someone be interested in this product? Who is the person who would buy it?

I know it sounds like a lot, but you’ve already put in most of the work. Now it’s time for that fine-tuning based on visitor behavior to make it perfect for your paid campaigns.  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Dropshipmate
Trailblazer
153 8 46

Hello @tiktoktek-kev ,

Nice Work you have done on your website.

In cart page quantity not updated automatically?, Add feature Update cart by increasing quantity then this way is accurate.

Add Blog: You know creating/adding of blogs gives you a great way to generate fresh content on a website and provide a catalyst for email marketing, social media promotion to drive search traffic to your website.

Trust Badges: Trust badges your visitors know that your page is legitimate and that any data they share will be collected through secure third-party service providers. Your customers feel they can trust your website, And they are more likely to make a purchase.

I hope you will get my points.

Thanks,
Dropshipmate.

Apps Developer Team |
Dropshipmate ‑ Dropshipping

My Answer Is Useful To You? Please Snap Like to tell me!!
waytoapps
Navigator
471 37 189

Hello @tiktoktek-kev 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Make a Sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customer to access menu at any time they want.

Remove badges(sale, coupons)from the header section, as they are affecting Logo.

Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
CutOutWiz
Navigator
395 28 152

Hello @tiktoktek-kev 

Hope you are doing well! Your shop looks very neat and organized. Good job is done there. The theme matches your products very well.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
963 134 724

Hope you are doing well @tiktoktek-kev

This is Richard Nguyen - CRO Expert from PageFly- Advanced Page Builder. I have to say that I am amazed by how beautiful and professional your store looks and bet you must have put a lot of effort into it. I just have a few comments to give and hope it would make your store even better. 

Should use Load more instead of Pagination in Collection Page

RichardNguyen_0-1634836214327.png

“Pagination” is by far the most popular way of loading new items in the product list — 88% of our benchmarked sites use this loading schema. However, testing has shown that subjects had significant difficulty with the “Pagination” loading schema on both desktop and mobile. 

RichardNguyen_1-1634836214332.png

Basically, there are types of 3 loading schemas used in product lists:

- “Pagination” — where all products in the list are split into separate pages, which are accessed by clicking or tapping links at the end of the list

RichardNguyen_2-1634836214329.png

- “Endless scrolling” — where more products are added to the end of the list when users scroll past a certain point in the list. (This technique usually incorporates “lazy loading”, which defers loading of images outside of the viewport at page load time. Instead, these images are loaded at the moment of need.)

- “Load More” button — where users can click or tap a button to load more products at the end of the list

RichardNguyen_3-1634836214335.png

“Load More” proved to be the loading schema that worked best across desktop and mobile devices, for both category-based product lists and search results. Moreover, when products are separated into separate pages, users can’t compare products in different parts of the list without navigating between pages.

Furthermore, especially on mobile sites, pagination links can be difficult to tap accurately, because they often have small hit areas and are closely spaced

Provide a review section for each product page. Product reviews are one of the most vital tools users typically look to for product information and to determine if a product is a good fit for their needs. Reviews often highlight details that users find important and can provide unique specificities that product descriptions lack. For example, users may look to reviews to clarify details, such as texture, fit, or quality, that may not be easily determined by site-provided information or product images.

On both desktop and mobile sites, load a minimum of 6 reviews by default. On desktop, consider loading no more than 15 reviews by default, while on mobile, consider loading no more than 10. Additionally, use a “Load More” button to inject additional reviews into the same page (not pagination)

That's everything. 

By the way, BFCM is coming. You can amplify your sales in holiday season with PageFly solutions exclusively for this holiday season. All these holiday features could help you a lot in building a high-converting page. PageFly also collaborated with Wilson Ho, Shopify Tech Partner Manager, to create this video that will share you insightful tips to boost sales and reveal secrets to warm your customers up through the whole year. Let's check it out!

In case you want more flexibility to personalize your pages, I'd love to introduce our product PageFly Landing Page Builder with 24/7 support live chat. PageFly has a Free plan where you can use all features and create different page types so I hope give us a try.

Happy selling! 

___

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

tiktoktek-kev
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks Richard

We appreciate your time to give us your helpful feedback. We've added all your points to our white-board of "To-Do's" along with some of the other helpfull points we've been receiving from other professionals as well. This way we can telly which points are mentioned multiple times throughout all of the feedback and start working on those with the recommendations that have been mentioned most often. 

We will also give PageFly's Landing Pages a try as soon as we have worked through all of the above mentioned feedback. Thankfully, there are not as many points on the board as I had expected so we will do our best to get through all of them as soon as possible so the can get stuck in to our festive campaigns. I'll admit, we are running a bit behind schedule but now that we have your much appreciated professional opinion as to what we could improve on the store, I'm sure we will be fully focussed on marketing campaigns very soon. 

A very big thank you from our team for your time and although it's a little early, we wish you a very festive and happy holiday season.

-Team TikTokTek

tiktoktek-kev
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks @CutOutWiz 

We appreciate your time to give us your helpful feedback. We've added all your points to our white-board of "To-Do's" along with some of the other helpful points we've been receiving from other professionals as well. This way we can telly which points are mentioned multiple times throughout all of the feedback and start working on those with the recommendations that have been mentioned most often. 

I fully agree with you on the reviews point made especially and have actually been meaning to get to those uploaded but have somehow have always had something else "urgent" pop up and before I know it, I look up and it's midnight. But this is exactly why we appreciate your feedback so that we can get a structured list of things still needing to be done and focus our plan of attack - one focussed point at a time. With that said, let me not waste any more time at doing just that and get finished with our plan so that I can start designating this small office of ninjas towards their targets. Once again, thank you for such a nicely laid out, bullet pointed even, list of professional store improvement recommendations. Really appreciated!

A very big thank you from our team for your time and although it's a little early, we wish you a very festive and happy holiday season.

-Team TikTokTek